View Full Version : Colt M1991A1 ORM Beavertail ????

02-23-2012, 3:51 PM
Hi; I getting a ORM m1991a1 with a bobbed hammer and a Wilson combet beavertail already installed. I've read where some think leaving it stock is the way to go and others like a tricked out pistol. The bobbed hammer looks a little different to me, I'm not fond of the combat hammers really that much and do like the regular ones. it would not cost much to put back in original shape or should I just leave it as is, thanks for any photos and advice sent, Thanks again. :confused

02-23-2012, 5:40 PM
Is the grip safety a drop in model? If it is then yes, it would be an easy fix. If not, then it would look quite weird to replace with a stock 1911a1 grip safety, IMO.

Post pics, please.

02-23-2012, 7:02 PM
It is a drop in I was told Wilson Combat, I only have really bad picture and am capable of sending only regular email due to lack of computer skills. Thanks for reply, I pick the gun up next week after the 10 day deal. The only reason I ask is because I have read where people refer sometimes as this being "Bubbified" in thier opinion and thus made me wonder about it as well, Thanks again. :oji:

Lead Waster
02-24-2012, 10:44 AM
Who cares if other people call it "bubbified"? It's your gun, you decide what you want on it.

Don't do anything with it until you've shot 500 rounds though it. Then you'll decide if you like the beavertail (I love it) and the hammer. You may want a ring hammer, or not. Try it out, there is no point in asking people what you should do to your own pistol if you yourself don't even know if you like it or not!

I say save the money for ammo until you decide that definitely you want to change something. I prefer function over aesthetics, but that's me.

02-24-2012, 4:51 PM
Here's a pic of the Wilson drop-in on my NRM M1991A1, which has exactly the same frame profile as the ORM version that you have: