PDA

View Full Version : scope mounting / removal

mIsT3rRaY
04-03-2007, 3:28 PM
hey guys
I just sighted in my leupold mounted on rra hirise mount...which is mounted on my A3 flat top upper..

Question..
if I remove the scope and mount, will i need to re-sight in the scope again?

I will be placing the scope / mount to the same exact spot on upper where scope was sighted in..

Thanks In Advance!

Prc329
04-03-2007, 3:36 PM
I did just that on an ar I own and it needed very minor adjustment to get back to zero. I was not using a one piece mount though. I was using rings and a riser.

Jicko
04-03-2007, 4:20 PM
I take my Leupold 3-9x w/ Leupold QRW (Quick Release Rings) on and off all the time. It holds zero EVERY TIME....

Mr Ray: quality rings and scope should hold zero.... I think people generally are quite happy with RRA's mount....

PRC: what rings and rail do you use? (i'll make sure i won't get those... :p )

Prc329
04-03-2007, 4:33 PM
The same rings you have and a YHM riser. I may not have gotten it back to the same spot or I might have bumped the knobs or something. It only needed one click up to get back to where I had it. That makes me think I didn't get it back to the same spot.

I took it off to install a new rail.

That being said, It did hold zero when I went from the YHM riser to a full length riser. I can't explain that one.

mIsT3rRaY
04-03-2007, 8:07 PM
I take my Leupold 3-9x w/ Leupold QRW (Quick Release Rings) on and off all the time. It holds zero EVERY TIME....

Mr Ray: quality rings and scope should hold zero.... I think people generally are quite happy with RRA's mount....

PRC: what rings and rail do you use? (i'll make sure i won't get those... :p )

Hey jickoricko...
Thank You Sir!
I am counting on it to hold zero... :D

Jicko
04-03-2007, 10:45 PM
Hey jickoricko...
Thank You Sir!
I am counting on it to hold zero... :D

Should be fine....

One thing I generally do tho, I put my rings onto the rail, slide it back until it stop, and then lock it down.... do that consistantly, should have no prob to hold zero...

mIsT3rRaY
04-03-2007, 11:31 PM
Should be fine....

One thing I generally do tho, I put my rings onto the rail, slide it back until it stop, and then lock it down.... do that consistantly, should have no prob to hold zero...

will do :)