PDA

View Full Version : Walther PPQ owners

ruchik
02-22-2012, 11:23 PM
Can anyone who owns one tell me what the trigger reach is like? Long or short? I am speficially interested in how the reach compares to a M&p 9 with the small grip insert.

hyperion.excal
02-23-2012, 12:38 AM
Trigger reach is short. This is my next purchase im currently working at. DROSing this weekend.

CJJohn
02-23-2012, 5:32 AM
For me it is the best ergos of any gun I own. It comes with three backstraps to make it fit your hand. I grew up on 1911s and the PPQ fits better YMMV. Trigger reach is short, and the trigger is nice and smooth, much better than any other poly gun I own.

MyGlock17
02-23-2012, 9:11 AM
The PPQ is legal in California? I thought it wasn't...Did you guys get in a single shot at 1st?

Sturnovik
02-23-2012, 9:14 AM
The PPQ is legal in California? I thought it wasn't...Did you guys get in a single shot at 1st?

You must SSE this unless walther makes a CA DOJ legal model and I doubt they will. SSE is worth the process for something this cool.

Hell I'd go with the PPQ if it was a tad cheaper.

MyGlock17
02-23-2012, 9:19 AM
You must SSE this unless walther makes a CA DOJ legal model and I doubt they will. SSE is worth the process for something this cool.

Hell I'd go with the PPQ if it was a tad cheaper.

Yeah i would love a PPQ also...

Sturnovik
02-23-2012, 9:20 AM
Yeah i would love a PPQ also...

Yea P99/PPQ in .40 is something I've always wanted to own, only shot them never owned.

I want a XD .40 and SIG pro .40 next but if I see a deal I may just go with a PPQ.

ruchik
02-24-2012, 6:39 AM
The PPQ and P99 frames are exactly the same size, correct? The PPQ just has updated frame ergos?

Sturnovik
02-24-2012, 8:00 AM
Thats what it appears although from what I can see (I havent held one yet), the new ergo grip rubber stuff does add some beef to the grip angle. But literally everyone I know who liked the P99 and held the PPQ said it was the same if not better. Im sure its a safe bet.

Mike718
02-24-2012, 2:41 PM
The trigger for the PPQ is way better then the M&P IMO. The trigger have a nice clean break and a very short reset. Everyone that I let shoot my PPQ wanted one but I have to tell them the bad news that you can only get it by SSE.

discoed
02-24-2012, 4:25 PM
I had the pleasure to hold a PPQ today and man that thing is sweet. Trigger pull and reset are really good for a gun out of the box. I almost wanted to DROS the PPQ instead of my P226 Combat. Definitely on my buy list.

PPQ
02-24-2012, 7:47 PM
Here are the specs on the PPQ Quick Defense Trigger:

5.5 lb trigger pull
.4" Trigger travel with .1" reset

It's my favorite...but then again, all I had to compare it to was my PPK/s!

trendar5
02-25-2012, 2:57 PM
The PPQ and P99 frames are exactly the same size, correct? The PPQ just has updated frame ergos?

Frames are different size, but not by much. The PPQ frame is actually bigger, mainly the dust cover area due to the accessory rail being bigger than on the P99. The PPQ will not fit properly in most P99 holsters.

As for the M&P to PPQ trigger reach, the PPQ has a slightly longer trigger reach than the M&P but still short.