View Full Version : employees really need customer service training

02-22-2012, 8:10 PM
i called turners in pasadena to inquire about a pelican 1400 case. the phone was answered fairly quickly and i asked the employee if they had it in stock. he went to check and put me on hold for like 5-10 minutes. after he came back he told me they did have it in stock. when i asked if he knew the price for it, he told me i had to go in for that. i mean if he checked if they had it, how hard would it have been to double check the price if he knew where the case was? its because of people like him that will cause turners to lose customers. i know im not the only one with a similar experience either

02-22-2012, 9:02 PM
Problem is you (like most people) assume they will treat you great. I went into KM the other day to look at some scope rings. And that's what I did, from 6 feet away. There's an employee at the counter looking at some paperwork. Looks up, asks "do you need to see a scope?" and I said no, "trying to look at some rings" and he went back to to his papers. Midway got my business for the rings, but I still got 8 boxes of Fed 308 OTM for $15/ea today, so you win some, lose some with Turners. Venting is good, because they do look at this forum, unlike some other CA vendors.

02-22-2012, 9:23 PM
Venting is good; and I agree some employees are lacking, but if you shop with one store long enough you know who and who not to deal with.

I truly only deal with a handful of employees (if that) at my local store and I have been taken care of every time (I even get called by name, which is always nice when an employee remembers you).

Pssshht, I can most certainly tell you they are getting better and not losing many customers; on the contrary, Iíve never seen the gun counter been so busy. :facepalm:

02-22-2012, 9:32 PM
i would order one from amazon or bh photo or call sammys camera

02-22-2012, 10:46 PM
why didnt you tell them you need a stock check and a price check so they dont have to walk back and forth. duh!