PDA

View Full Version : used gun safe

michjarhead
02-22-2012, 7:07 PM
anybody know of a website that sells used gun safes and or fire arms??
i know craigslist but dont trust it.

roushstage2
02-22-2012, 7:36 PM
It's not that you don't trust Craigslist (it's just classified ads), it's that you don't trust someone you'd be buying from, yeah? I know Gun Broker is like an eBay for guns. Used safes...your best bet is probably the local classifieds unless you manage to get someone that'll ship a used safe for you.

Jeff L
02-22-2012, 8:10 PM
Try posting at a local gun range.

dls
02-22-2012, 8:24 PM
Check larger lock smiths in your area. And some of the safe manufacturers here in Ca. sell used or blemished safes.

keenkeen
02-22-2012, 8:39 PM
If you want a decent deal on a local used safe:

1) Start "trusting" craigslist...
2) Start checking it several times a day...
3) When you see a deal jump on it...they go quick.

Banleno007
02-22-2012, 9:54 PM
If you want a decent deal on a local used safe:

1) Start "trusting" craigslist...
2) Start checking it several times a day...
3) When you see a deal jump on it...they go quick.

Thank you .http://www.frou.info/g.gif

weekend_plinker
02-22-2012, 10:05 PM
What city are you in. I know of one in the SF bay area

michjarhead
02-24-2012, 4:43 PM
Check larger lock smiths in your area. And some of the safe manufacturers here in Ca. sell used or blemished safes.

please let me know im unable to find any

michjarhead
02-24-2012, 4:44 PM
What city are you in. I know of one in the SF bay area

im in southern california

five.five-six
02-24-2012, 4:51 PM
Yes, CL is a great place for gun-safes, especially when you are haggling the day before someone has to move out of their apartment

bsg
02-24-2012, 6:10 PM
got my current safe from CL, with no glitches or problems occurring. fellow that sold it to me assisted in loading safe onto back of my truck, and i was on my way.

INJUNTOM
02-24-2012, 11:35 PM
Got one off craigslist, and the people I got it from made me a little nervous. I only felt better about it because I was CCWing. It was in the garage, and the guy took forver to get it open. I was starting to think he didn't really have the combo. He was a pretty rough looking older guy, and there was another older guy tweeking on something at the workbench. Then there were several younger guys that looked a little rough inside the house and occasionally stepping out into the garage during the whole process. Big garage door open the whole time though.

I went way out of my way and several roundabout directions to make sure I wasn't being followed.

I would do it again, but maybe take someone with me. Still definately drive a crazy route home again too. Night time helped that scenario to be able to drive a long ways without seeing headlights behind me, but made me more nervous being at this house at night.

RTE
02-25-2012, 1:01 PM
I bought one a few years back and told the seller it will problbly go to my brother in Phoenix (That takes the edge off)

Had a guy selling one on CL locally as he was moving back east.
His wife had him move it out to the garage already.
When I got there it took him a while to open it up and I noticed he was wearing a 1911.....I commented on it and he says there is another one inside the safe.

Long story short I bought both as a package deal

Remember You can always change the combo