PDA

View Full Version : Which stores are for/against 2A?

mud99
02-22-2012, 7:36 PM
I'm curious, has anyone compiled a list of which retail stores are for/against protecting our 2A rights?

I know REI, Patagonia, etc. support a lot of eco-garbage organizations, which I assume makes them anti 2A.

Walmart sells guns and ammo which I assume makes them pro 2A.

Does Kmart sell ammo anymore after Michael Moore?

Sears used to sell firearms, are they still pro 2A?

Who else is out there who we should avoid or support?

ELBong
02-22-2012, 7:45 PM
Pro 2A:
Andy's Pet Shop, San Jose

a1c
02-22-2012, 7:53 PM
You can be pro-environment and pro-2A. Just hang around enough hunters, and you'll soon realize it.

This topic about pro- or anti-2A businesses comes up all the time. First of all, you have to define what pro or anti means in this context. Are they actively fighting the RKBA by donating to gun control groups? Or do you define by anti some company that hired Alec Baldwin for a TV commercial?

You will soon find out that the broader your definition is, the most unrealistic the idea of boycotting them is.

Librarian
02-22-2012, 7:54 PM
From 2003 http://www.go2gbo.com/forums/index.php?topic=4508.0

No special reason to believe any changes apply, other than businesses or orgs closing up shop, and individuals passing on.

Google 'anti-gun businesses' and you'll get a bunch of state-specific sites.

mud99
02-22-2012, 8:34 PM
I just found the original source of that list, it is from the NRA, updated 2010:
http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/fact-sheets/2010/national-organizations-with-anti-gun-po.aspx?s=&st=&ps=

It appears that I will no longer be able to watch TV while eating my Jimmy Dean breakfast sausages.

No special reason to believe any changes apply, other than businesses or orgs closing up shop, and individuals passing on.

Irish Gunner
02-22-2012, 9:02 PM
I read NRA post on FB today indicating that Peet's Coffee, California Pizza Kitchen and IKEA are all against customers carrying even when legally allowed.

I open carry
02-22-2012, 9:11 PM
Here is a list made from Contra Costa Open Carry, South Bay Open Carry, NRA, and Gunburgers
http://www.contracostaopencarry.org/do-and--do-not-patronize-list.php

Irish Gunner
02-22-2012, 9:17 PM
Here is a list made from Contra Costa Open Carry, South Bay Open Carry, NRA, and Gunburgers
http://www.contracostaopencarry.org/do-and--do-not-patronize-list.php

What do you mean free fire zone for criminals? If it means what I think, why would gun stores such as Antioch Armory be on the list and there is no Cabelas anywhere near CoCoCo.

I open carry
02-22-2012, 10:02 PM
Free fire zones = no lawful carry by customers.
And as posted, it is not only CCC that is involved. South Bay OC is in Soc-cal, the NRA and Gunburgers have info that has been posted.

As for Cabelas, NO LAWFUL CARRY inside their stores.

As for Antioch Armory, they do not allow for lawful open carry.

Irish Gunner
02-22-2012, 10:44 PM
And as posted, it is not only CCC that is involved. South Bay OC is in Soc-cal, the NRA and Gunburgers have info that has been posted.

Thanks for clarification. Now that I understand your list I can choose appropriately. :kest:

ja308
02-23-2012, 7:39 AM
You can be pro-environment and pro-2A. Just hang around enough hunters, and you'll soon realize it.

This topic about pro- or anti-2A businesses comes up all the time. First of all, you have to define what pro or anti means in this context. Are they actively fighting the RKBA by donating to gun control groups? Or do you define by anti some company that hired Alec Baldwin for a TV commercial?

You will soon find out that the broader your definition is, the most unrealistic the idea of boycotting them is.

I do personally boycott businesses that hire gun grabbers , why should that business be rewarded with increased sales ? BTW I let them know ,why I will not do business at this time .

Making life a little less compfortable for those who would destroy freedom seems an easy thing to do.

It was gun owners that caused KMART serious financial problems in the late 80s .
KMART hired Rosie Odonnel who said gun owners belong in prison.
gun owners reacted and KMART paid a huge price for their stupidity .

REPR
02-23-2012, 8:53 AM
I'm curious, has anyone compiled a list of which retail stores are for/against protecting our 2A rights?

I know REI, Patagonia, etc. support a lot of eco-garbage organizations, which I assume makes them anti 2A.

Can't speak for any others, but my local Kmart sells ammo. Although I'll admit I can't recall if they are selling handgun ammo or not. Only hit their ammo case when I needed some shotgun shells one day last year. I do remember it was a small section though. Was also the only place around here that had the ALDS system for some time after the state first started using ALDS. But every year they seem to be expanding their hunting/shooting section. Will drop in there sometime in the next few days and take stock of what exactly they seem to be selling and report back.

ubet
02-23-2012, 8:58 AM
Some of the rite aids up here (in chico) sell reloading supplies in them.

Irish Gunner
02-23-2012, 8:59 AM
It won't kill me to stop frequenting a couple of the anti's. I suspect that when push comes to shove some places I go such as my bank would come down on the anti side, but so long as they aren't public about it I will use them.

Glock22Fan
02-23-2012, 9:13 AM

On my last trip (last May) to Cabelas, Reno, I saw a notice that seemed to ask me to check my gun at a front desk. When I examined it more carefully, it was worded that to prevent accidents when handling guns, such as passing your gun over to be examined by them for whatever reason, they requested that if you were going to handle your firearm within the store, you got it checked for being unloaded. I decided that as I had no intention of getting my gun out (unless the SHTF), the notice did not apply and therefore I kept my Glock in its holster throughout my visit. There was certainly no blanket "No firearms allowed" notice displayed.

Added: I certainly didn't see the sign from post #17 back then. And I did look around pretty carefully.

bigcalidave
02-23-2012, 10:57 AM
What does the cabelas sign say? I noticed in our new sportsmans warehouse that opened this week in Redding, the sign says no "unholstered" firearms without checking them.. At first read I missed that distinction.

EscapeFromCal
02-23-2012, 11:36 AM

This looks like the sign they have in Post Falls, ID. I don't remember this policy before this summer. At the Post Falls store they usually have a guy standing at a podium with this sign on it at the enterence looking at you like "I'm just doing my job". Which might be a response to my "WTF" look.

TheExpertish
02-23-2012, 12:17 PM

After reading this list I find it funny that Levi Strauss & Co. is on it. Don't they try to market themselves as a cowboy jean company with a rich heritage in the "western" tradition?

ja308
02-23-2012, 12:49 PM
Good post's here ^5
Kmart does contribute more to pro liberty , than anti .
I will not hesitate to shop Kmart , when I can find one.

regarding Cabellas ---- They are 100% progun . In the 90s an idea came about (Clinton)that an FFL would need to sell X amount of firearms or have their licence revoked.

This would benefitted Cabella's in many places . i.e. NO COMPETITION!
CABELLA's issued strong statements against this proposed rule and it was NEVER implemented! I congratulate Cabella's and shop their 1st whenever possible .

BTW Cabellas 4 season tent will stand up to 60 mph winds !

Thank You for the clarification on reference to newsweek! I found it !

Also noticed my favorite soft drink Pepsi has earned a 90 day boycott from our family --30 days for Bloomberg-30days for merino and 30 days for putting those 2 ANTI FREEDOM jerks on during the a super bowl ad !

I have never owned or looked at a honda so it will not effect them 1penny --so far .

Honda will be put in my memory bank for years to come !

I open carry
02-23-2012, 2:22 PM
As I have said, Cabela's is anti open carry.
They asked me to check the gun with them while in the store. or leave it in the truck.
They wanted me to check the gun, they would then take it and keep it place a trigger lock on it and place behind the gun desk, until I was done shopping.

All that as I entered the store.

Dreaded Claymore
02-23-2012, 2:38 PM

That's not a good assumption. You can be, and lots of people are, environmentalist and pro-gun-rights. (Slightly off-topic: not all "eco" is "garbage.")

In our fight to restore our rights, we need to welcome everyone who will support us and be careful not to alienate them. The more we unnecessarily tie Second Amendment rights to other issues and opinions, the less support we'll get.

Irish Gunner
02-23-2012, 2:39 PM
As I have said, Cabela's is anti open carry.
They asked me to check the gun with them while in the store. or leave it in the truck.
They wanted me to check the gun, they would then take it and keep it place a trigger lock on it and place behind the gun desk, until I was done shopping.

All that as I entered the store.

Based on this I would have to say that it is limited to your one Cabelas.

As far as Sportsmans Warehouse. When I was in NM they wanted you to register at the desk and just let them tag the weapon. I was there trying holsters so they understood that it would be out and had no problem with it. Haven't tried that here (wouldn't anyway, OC is currently illegal anyway).

REPR
02-24-2012, 6:08 AM
I was in Kmart last night. They had a variety of shotshells and rifle ammo. But no handgun, .223, or .22lr. Lack of .22lr was sort of suprising. I would have asked someone about it but was just in there to get a helium cylinder and stack of pizza's :party:

tankerman
02-24-2012, 6:18 AM
Pro-assualt weapons ban -
Grants Boys (gun shop) in Costa Mesa.

They even had the owner or manager come on here and try to justify their pro-assualt weapons ban position......when it didn't go as planned, they asked to have the entire thread disappear.

ja308
02-24-2012, 8:51 AM
Pro-assualt weapons ban -
Grants Boys (gun shop) in Costa Mesa.

They even had the owner or manager come on here and try to justify their pro-assualt weapons ban position......when it didn't go as planned, they asked to have the entire thread disappear.

With friends like this :facepalm:

Wherryj
02-24-2012, 8:58 AM

A copy of the NRA-ILA's list: (strangely it has been removed/moved from the NRA-ILA site)
http://www.gunreports.com/special_reports/handguns/NRA-ILA-Anti-Gun-Organizations-Celebrities-Businesses-Journalists2742-1.html

Wherryj
02-24-2012, 9:25 AM
I just found the original source of that list, it is from the NRA, updated 2010:
http://www.nraila.org/news-issues/fact-sheets/2010/national-organizations-with-anti-gun-po.aspx?s=&st=&ps=

It appears that I will no longer be able to watch TV while eating my Jimmy Dean breakfast sausages.

Feel free to switch to "Farmer John". Not only is it originally local to CA, but the parent company Hormel hasn't been listed in any of the anti-gun company lists that I've seen to date.

Interfan
02-24-2012, 11:56 AM

Patagonia has supplied US SOCOM with underwear, fleece, and shells for years. That's something that is not really publicized so the hippies don't get upset over the company's "warmongering". If you see something on their website listed as "special" and in "Alpha Green" instead of marijuana green, you know who it was designed for.

I don't know if this makes them pro/anti/neutral 2A, but they do like to take the military money.