PDA

View Full Version : Wait what!?

SFgiants105
02-22-2012, 5:53 PM
http://ebrworks.com/AOW__Belt_Fed___Exotic.html

Scroll down to the part that says "California legal m2"

:eek:

Is this for real? Does anyone know if this is actually CA legal?

If so, the next time ya'll are out hunting, I'll be the dumb@s$ running around with the tripod :D

Connor P Price
02-22-2012, 5:58 PM
Yes its legal.

CHS
02-22-2012, 6:12 PM
A semi-auto M2 is not a rifle. California has only outlawed .50bmg RIFLES.

Unless it has a buttstock or is otherwise designed to be fired from the shoulder, it's not a rifle and is legal for transfer inside California.

Belt-fed has nothing to do with it.

It's just a semi-auto Title 1 "other" firearm.

MultiCaliber
02-22-2012, 6:21 PM
:drool5:

thenodnarb
02-22-2012, 7:36 PM
sorry to thread jack, but doesn't the pistol grip 870 AOW have to have a forward grip in order to be legal? The reason I ask is because i thought the Judge pistol had to have a forward grip to make it an AOW and therefore legal in california. can you jsut remove the pistol grip once its sold as an AOW? I don't understand.

BTW the browning is *****in :36:

CHS
02-22-2012, 7:52 PM
sorry to thread jack, but doesn't the pistol grip 870 AOW have to have a forward grip in order to be legal? The reason I ask is because i thought the Judge pistol had to have a forward grip to make it an AOW and therefore legal in california. can you jsut remove the pistol grip once its sold as an AOW? I don't understand.

You really should ask this in the AOW/NFA thread.

But no, an 870 AOW doesn't need to have a forward grip in order to be legal since it qualifies as an AOW due to the smoothbore.

A Judge has a rifled bore, so it is AOW'ed through the vertical forward grip.

And yes, taking off the vertical forward grip keeps it legal still as an AOW.

Shotgun Man
02-22-2012, 7:55 PM
Please include a descriptive thread title, especially in the 2A forum where we try to exercise some decorum.

This is not the forum to try out for Rupert Murdoch.

You can include what would be your witty thread title in your remarks.

EBR Works
02-22-2012, 8:21 PM
Yep, legal as noted above. Give us a call to discuss if you want.

devilinblack
02-22-2012, 8:22 PM
You've obviously never done a road march with an M2. Not fun, even with the rest of your section sharing the load of receiver, barrel, tripod, ammo and personal weapons. The TOW was a lot worse though, mainly because of the missile tubes.

Don't even get me started on the time they decided it would be a good idea to try and "door bundle" them on a jump. One package ended up with a bent barrel, the other a broken receiver.

Shotgun Man
02-22-2012, 8:27 PM
You've obviously never done a road march with an M2. Not fun, even with the rest of your section sharing the load of receiver, barrel, tripod, ammo and personal weapons. The TOW was a lot worse though, mainly because of the missile tubes.

Don't even get me started on the time they decided it would be a good idea to try and "door bundle" them on a jump. One package ended up with a bent barrel, the other a broken receiver.

I believe the OP was joking about hunting with it.

drifter001
02-22-2012, 8:38 PM
:drool5:

whats it take to get one of these!

ClarenceBoddicker
02-22-2012, 8:45 PM
Lots of $. Even way back the parts kits were very $pendy. Nice barrels have always been in demand by the custom rifle builders. 82 lbs for the gun alone. Add the weight of a tripod & a few cans of ammo. Ammo is not cheap either. The 10 round or less belts would suck also.

cdtx2001
02-23-2012, 5:22 AM
Look below the M2 on the ad page, There's a 1919a4 for sale. I've got one of those and people constantly ask me if it's legal whenever I take it to the range. It is and so is the M2.