PDA

View Full Version : DROS address question

blackbok
02-22-2012, 4:59 PM
I think I've asked before, but its been so long I'll ask again...

a year or so ago my city decided my street was no longer a street, but a lane. All of my bills and my car registration addresses were changed to LN. My drivers licence however still says ST.

When I DROS a handgun, will this fly, or do I NEED to get a new licence?

HowardW56
02-22-2012, 5:31 PM
I think I've asked before, but its been so long I'll ask again...

a year or so ago my city decided my street was no longer a street, but a lane. All of my bills and my car registration addresses were changed to LN. My drivers licence however still says ST.

When I DROS a handgun, will this fly, or do I NEED to get a new licence?

If you want to be sure it doesn't get kicked back, get a new license..

bigb0886
02-22-2012, 9:20 PM
If your car registration has changed to "lane" then you can take that with your ID and use it as the correct address

blackbok
02-22-2012, 9:29 PM
If your car registration has changed to "lane" then you can take that with your ID and use it as the correct address

Hoping so. Don't want to commit to buying something in the FS section, get to shop and be told its a no go. Don't want to waste someone's to
E and let a good deal slip by.

morrcarr67
02-22-2012, 9:59 PM
0886 is right. I just did a PPT on Saturday. I moved last year and just did the change of address. I have new car registration with the new address and everything worked out fine.

Falconis
02-23-2012, 12:22 AM
FWIW, it's never been an issue for me. My street was initially designate a way and later changed to lane. all my ID says one thing. No gun shop I have been to has had an issue with it.

tenpercentfirearms
02-23-2012, 5:54 AM
Your DROS address means nothing for whether DROS gets rejected or not.

However, the gun shop might not accept certain documents or demand you bring certain documents to start DROS or at the very least delivery your firearm.

To be safe, bring a government issued document with your current address with an expiration date and that will cover your Federal and state requirements for address.

Most dealers probably won't even notice the address is slightly different. However, if you bring that vehicle registration with Lane on it, it won't matter.

e36mike
02-23-2012, 6:53 PM
just went through this. I had just moved so my address didn't match my DL. Dealer requested I bring printout from dmv w current address. It's a 5 dollar paper license basically.