PDA

View Full Version : Sportsman's Warehouse

Jeepers
02-22-2012, 5:56 PM
we just had one open this week up in Redding and have to say +1 on there customer service.. its been a long time since i told a sales person "I am just looking" and get the response "well if you want to feel and touch dont hesitate to ask " so i didnt and they will be getting some of my $$$

:thumbsup:Sportsman's Warehouse

Jel
02-22-2012, 6:54 PM
Cool! I wish they would open one up in the SF Bay Area. Closest one is Rocklin. Been there once and had a good experience. I definitely like the no frills (all the taxidermy and themed interiors) format of the store as compared to Cabelas and Bass Pro. However I still like visiting those stores....hehehehe.

negolien
02-23-2012, 8:29 AM
I use them occasionally and have had nothing but + experiance with them.

BassNut
02-23-2012, 8:33 AM
And, the one in Rocklin has some very nice looking sales lady's......:cool2:

redcliff
02-23-2012, 9:28 AM
They're open? OMG, I must check it out :)

boxl0bster
02-23-2012, 9:48 AM
i love that place. i've only been to the one in Henderson NV but it closed down, not sure why. Like others said they have great customer service. Wish they would open one here in So Cal.

Jeepers
02-23-2012, 10:37 AM
They're open? OMG, I must check it out :)

yup there grand opening is 2/25 i think ,but they had a "soft" opening this week ;)

schonertod
02-23-2012, 10:44 AM
sportsmans warehouse is awesome. The one in rocklin has one guy i dont really care for much cuz he can be a dick because i was talking with a fellow customer about a scope he was looking at and what i had read about it in magazines and online. It wasnt like i was talking him out of buying it i was just giving my opinion about a few different ones and ones i was personally looking at which that had them all in stock.

I tell you what though i wont be going back to shooters warehouse any time soon.

rg_1111@yahoo.com
02-23-2012, 1:35 PM
Yup, The one in Rocklin is great. I hope the one in Redding is just as good.

Bakerloo
02-23-2012, 6:13 PM
Lucky bastards...I almost cried 3 years ago when they closed the Visalia store only 6 months after opening it.

shooterjeff66
02-23-2012, 7:36 PM
The Redding store is Great, and we needed it, the store has been packed every since it opened. My son has been there 13 times already. He keeps spending his AR barrel money every time on reloading supplies.

TAS
02-23-2012, 8:16 PM
Congrats on the new store in your area. I've had good experiences (& purchases) at the one in Rocklin but it's too far out of the way for me unless I'm passing through. I had one of the guys tell me a while back that they were thinking of opening a store in San Jose but I'm not sure if there was any truth to it. Just wishful thinking.

justin_5585
02-24-2012, 8:02 AM
They have good stock, cute girls, and a sweet location, but prices are still pretty steep considering it's a "big box" store (i.e. magpul ms3 sling is 59.99). Hopefully sales flyers start coming out to take some of the sting out.

oldsmoboat
02-24-2012, 8:17 AM
sportsmans warehouse is awesome. The one in rocklin has one guy i dont really care for much cuz he can be a dick because i was talking with a fellow customer about a scope he was looking at and what i had read about it in magazines and online. It wasnt like i was talking him out of buying it i was just giving my opinion about a few different ones and ones i was personally looking at which that had them all in stock.

I tell you what though i wont be going back to shooters warehouse any time soon.:confused:

Freagan
02-24-2012, 3:50 PM
Just stopped by the Sportsmans Warehouse in Rocklin to look around. Ended up picking some Tula ammo for the AK, I thought I had grabbed an even mix between 154gr SP and 124gr SP just to try and because you never see Tula SP at Walmart. But I had actually picked up 124 HP, which is apparently supposed to have the 8M3 bullet. Now I wished I had picked up even more, but does anyone know anywhere else that is selling Tula/Uly 124gr HP around Sac/Roseville?

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/7281/tulaammo.jpg

bloodhawke83
02-24-2012, 4:00 PM
And, the one in Rocklin has some very nice looking sales lady's......:cool2:

Where? :confused: I'm there every other day and I didn't see one.

kenjimatic
02-24-2012, 9:16 PM
Sportsmans Warehouse is great. Last week I was there I purchased 4 hornady 55gr fmj 100 packs(in 224 cal), 2lbs of ram shot powder and a can of the Federal 5.56 green tip. I notice everytime I'm there they're only 4 packs of the hornady fmj's and I always end up spending atleast $200 :D

redcliff
02-26-2012, 8:48 AM
I went to the grand openning of the Redding one yesterday. It was packed, I've never been to a store in Redding that was that busy, I had to park across the street. They had some pretty good deals going on. I couldn't even get close to the gun counter so many people were buying firearms. If I was a local gun shop owner I'd be very worried; Olde West will probably survive due to being a pawn shop but the rest are gonna be hurting.

I bought a cool tackle box to store 1911 parts in, some 9mm ammunition and some gun cleaning supplies. The little woman went with me and she even found some fun things to buy for the toddlers in the family and liked looking at the cast iron cookware and outdoor clothing also. I'm ecstatic we have a store like this up here now!

BassNut
02-26-2012, 10:22 AM
Where? :confused: I'm there every other day and I didn't see one.

I don't know. Maybe they are hiding from you............:wacko:

Jeepers
02-26-2012, 10:29 AM
I went to the grand openning of the Redding one yesterday. It was packed, I've never been to a store in Redding that was that busy, I had to park across the street. They had some pretty good deals going on. I couldn't even get close to the gun counter so many people were buying firearms. If I was a local gun shop owner I'd be very worried; Olde West will probably survive due to being a pawn shop but the rest are gonna be hurting.

I bought a cool tackle box to store 1911 parts in, some 9mm ammunition and some gun cleaning supplies. The little woman went with me and she even found some fun things to buy for the toddlers in the family and liked looking at the cast iron cookware and outdoor clothing also. I'm ecstatic we have a store like this up here now!
when i was in there the guy told me they have been trying to come in for 2 years, but got some resistance from the city... is the owner of jones fort still the mayor or on the board :smash: ?

redcliff
02-26-2012, 10:44 AM
when i was in there the guy told me they have been trying to come in for 2 years, but got some resistance from the city... is the owner of jones fort still the mayor or on the board :smash: ?

Patrick Jones is on the City Council, however any obstructions to them coming in were caused by the local Planning Department and their extortions for the "priviledge" of doing business here I'm sure. They bend every one over, not just Sportsman's Warehouse. And originally, Sportsman's Warehouse wanted to locate on Knighton road but the Churn Creek bottom folks don't want anything in their back yards.

Dave A
02-26-2012, 10:49 PM
Sportsman's warehouse expanded too fast and had to close stores that were not profitable a while back. They contracted back into a better business model and now appear to be on a slow expansion mode again.