PDA

View Full Version : Different type of experience today

Solid Foundation
02-22-2012, 2:47 PM
I've been seeing a lot of threads about unhappy customers/would-be customers for Turner's lately. I'm in customer service so I know people can make rants far worse than they are but nonetheless I went in to check out the SR-22 today and braced myself for the worse.

I went in to Huntington Beach Turner's and have to say I got excellent customer service. Granted, I went in before noon so there was no rush until I was about to leave but Kevin (I think last initial was T?) was great at answering my questions and allowing me to see an SR-22 that was ready to be given to someone else. He answered all my questions and gave me an approximate time frame as to when they'd all be available.

At the end of our conversation there was a line of 4-5 people waiting and he still asked me if there was anything else I wanted to see. Sometimes people get caught up in trying to get people out the door they will dismiss people before they're done.

Anyway, I hope Kevin gets appropriate props.
You guys treated me well today ;)

gr8dragon88
02-22-2012, 11:44 PM
You meant Fountain Valley Turner's, right?

These guys consistently perform well above other locations :thumbsup:

A-J
02-23-2012, 8:24 AM
It seems to me that the complaining is usually about the wait time. I've never had "bad service" but I have had long waits.

AVID HUNTER
02-23-2012, 11:49 AM
Kerney Mesa in San Diego is another good store. I deal with a couple people specifically and they go above and beyond. I wish Turners would start to carry good accessories though. This way if you had to wait there would be something good to look at. Eg. bipods...they carry one or two Harris bipods, but they are the cheap non swivel and non notched legs versions. I need a few bipods, but they don't carry anything cool like GG&G or others. Just my .02

robz@turners
02-23-2012, 5:23 PM
Kerney Mesa in San Diego is another good store. I deal with a couple people specifically and they go above and beyond. I wish Turners would start to carry good accessories though. This way if you had to wait there would be something good to look at. Eg. bipods...they carry one or two Harris bipods, but they are the cheap non swivel and non notched legs versions. I need a few bipods, but they don't carry anything cool like GG&G or others. Just my .02

We have ordered the GGG and should have them in a couple of weeks.

LBDamned
02-23-2012, 5:32 PM
I'm certain there are far more good experiences than bad (statically and generally speaking)...

But as with everything in life, it only has to be marginally negative to get a reaction to the point of expression... on the other hand, it usually has to be exceptionally good to get positive expressions... a normal, expected, good experience usually goes unmentioned - so as such, it is more apparent when negative things happen (if if they are out of the norm).

Also, Turners has chartered into a territory that is challenging (and potentially puts a target on them) by having a section of the forum such as this... I dont think any other vendor does this (on any site that I know of)... it is admirable imo and shows that they are not afraid or ashamed of their efforts and are willing to listen and take corrective action when needed.

Not enough kudos is given - but it's real easy to complain (even though it may be occasionally warranted).

I've also always like F.V (we can call then HB though ;)) but have since found Norwalk to be the one setting the bar (from my experiences).

All in all I think Turners has done some real good things in the past 6-12 months! Congrats Turners, many of us appreciate the service, efforts and deals!

LBDamned
02-23-2012, 5:37 PM
We have ordered the GGG and should have them in a couple of weeks.

Sweet! GG&G are great products! As are ADM and ARMS (I'm partial to ARMS and Burris mounts and rings).

Any chance you will have the Burris AR Pivot Ring and the XTR quick detach rings when they come out?

http://www.burrisoptics.com/arpivot.html
http://www.burrisoptics.com/xtrrings.html

I'm using Sun Optics rings for now - waiting for Burris to release these QD units.

Solid Foundation
02-23-2012, 11:33 PM
Sorry, Fountain Valley.
I don't know what it is about me but anything North of Costa Mesa I think as Huntington Beach up to Westminster
:)