PDA

View Full Version : SSE or basic transfer opinions

ROCKETW19
02-22-2012, 2:46 PM
I live in Sacramento (Roseville)
I found a new gun I would like its a Kimber covert II. problem is the one I realy want the mid sized one is not on our safe list but the small compact one is. No take it I only seen this gun online but I still perfer the midsized mostly due to looks and the extra round.
My question
how much of a pain is it to do the SSE? are there any shops near me that dont mind dealing with a newbi on this subject?
Should I just get the compact one and make it easy on myself?
also open to sugestions on where you guys had good experances

again this is like my 3 thread (various questions) in the hand gun section I want to thank you all for helping a hand gun newbi like myself

keenkeen
02-22-2012, 2:55 PM
I live in Sacramento (Roseville)
I found a new gun I would like its a Kimber covert II. problem is the one I realy want the mid sized one is not on our safe list but the small compact one is. No take it I only seen this gun online but I still perfer the midsized mostly due to looks and the extra round.
My question
how much of a pain is it to do the SSE? are there any shops near me that dont mind dealing with a newbi on this subject?
Should I just get the compact one and make it easy on myself?
also open to sugestions on where you guys had good experances

again this is like my 3 thread (various questions) in the hand gun section I want to thank you all for helping a hand gun newbi like myself

You will end up spending a little more (perhaps) but I think it is worth it go get the exact version you want. Go the the SSE sticky and call a few FFLs that you would be willing to visit 2 to 3 times and talk to them about the process on the phone before choosing one.

I don't really think it is a pain at all...

Good luck!

robertstone9
02-22-2012, 4:56 PM
sacramento black rifle in rocklin are great guys to deal with and do SSE
it's gonna cost you going that route

ROCKETW19
02-22-2012, 7:17 PM
sacramento black rifle in rocklin are great guys to deal with and do SSE
it's gonna cost you going that route

Ya not only the pain of doing it a first time then I have to add the cost. dont have a clue what that is though. what are normal charges for it? will they accept the un-safe gun do the mods then transfer to me or will the shipper have to do the mods

keenkeen
02-22-2012, 9:29 PM
Take a look at the sticky SSE thread...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=383692

Long, but worth it.

ROCKETW19
02-23-2012, 12:26 AM
Take a look at the sticky SSE thread...

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=383692

Long, but worth it.

338 posts later and I understand how the process works but no clue of the $ to do it. good thing there is a list of shops that do it and all I have to do is call them.

so funny to me that these weird laws are made up for us to not have guns only to be beat buy some smart people. Thank god for the smart people,lol

keenkeen
02-23-2012, 12:33 AM
338 posts later and I understand how the process works but no clue of the $ to do it. good thing there is a list of shops that do it and all I have to do is call them.

so funny to me that these weird laws are made up for us to not have guns only to be beat buy some smart people. Thank god for the smart people,lol

Figure $60 to $100 more for the SSE in most cases...but your right. Call specific shops to get the details.

Paperchasin
02-23-2012, 5:10 AM
In my search for an off-roster pistol, I have found that out-of-state FFL's that have the ability to perform SSE's on the pistol that you want tend to have better pricing than those in CA. Might be because they buy/sell more of these off-roster pistols, so they get better pricing? But I'd check out Table Rock Arms as they are willing to ship to your local FFL, assuming your local FFL will accept and process SSE transfers. Most of the SSE FFLs in CA are much too far for me to drive to.

ROCKETW19
02-23-2012, 3:18 PM
In my search for an off-roster pistol, I have found that out-of-state FFL's that have the ability to perform SSE's on the pistol that you want tend to have better pricing than those in CA. Might be because they buy/sell more of these off-roster pistols, so they get better pricing? But I'd check out Table Rock Arms as they are willing to ship to your local FFL, assuming your local FFL will accept and process SSE transfers. Most of the SSE FFLs in CA are much too far for me to drive to.

yes I seen table rock is helping. Smart guy he understands the silly laws and is not afraid to make a buck off it and help us at the same time.

honestly I think I am going with the compac version that is cali legal $1400 was pushing my budget anyways adding SSE fees will make me cry. what is 1 more round anyways not like I am going to war unless you call shooting the paper targets war.lol

cali gun laws won this battle but wont win the war.