PDA

View Full Version : Current status of noise lawsuit against P2K?

tackdriver
02-22-2012, 1:11 PM
Does anyone know the current status of the recent noise violation lawsuit brought against P2K by some "person"?

I don't believe it was started too long ago, so maybe it hasnt gone thru the legal system very far as yet.

I'd ask Dennis, but I think he has quite a bit on his mind right now.

thx

Paul S
02-22-2012, 1:50 PM
What be P2K? ;)

Kalderis40
02-22-2012, 1:54 PM
P2K is a range in San Diego

Monte
02-22-2012, 4:12 PM
Hmm, that's news to me. I also didn't know until recently that P2K was first established in 1923 (according to their web site). I wonder if whoever is behind the suit has been there that long?

tackdriver
02-22-2012, 7:16 PM
Yes, Project 2000 in El Cajon. Sorry, I always assume everyone knows what I'm talking about

As I understand it. A person just bought a house in the area and is upset with the noise coming from the skeet range and has filed a lawsuit

It would seem to me that any noise from the range would have had to have been disclosed by the seller, but i suppose anybody can file a lawsuit about anything...

Like I say, I was just curious is someone has heard anything recent.

TKM
02-22-2012, 7:28 PM
This would be the range tucked behind an active gravel pit with a quarry rock blasting operation??????

It would be wrong to order this induhhvidual lots and lots of onion pizzas, but something stinks about this.

tackdriver
02-23-2012, 8:21 AM
Yes sir. I agree. And also, from what I understand, they have stopped people from shooting at the small outdoor area west of the building.
I'm trying to avoid spreading rumors of course, but something is going on.
The motivation behind it is of course, unknown.

SanPedroShooter
02-23-2012, 8:41 AM
It could just be me, but it seems that there are a lot of these range lawsuits happening all over the country recently. Some with disastrous consequences and 'incredible' judicial rulings...

Kitsap range closure in WA state, Ashland gun club in Oregon. Both in place since the end of WWII... The closure of the Rockpile in Riverside county, although that was for code violations. I am sure I am forgetting a few, but I seem to have read about at least a half dozen in so many months.

Range suits and lead issues (the two frequently seem to be related) are backdoor attempts at gun bans. We should investigate of there any national links to any 'usual suspects'.

Perhaps a PLCAA for ranges and bullet manufacturers? All part of a Second Amendmant rights umbrella?

Purple K
02-23-2012, 8:49 AM
Training and practice are core elements of the Right.

SanPedroShooter
02-23-2012, 9:07 AM
Exactly! 'Keeping and bearing' is directly impacted by and hinge on 'buying and using'.

I wonder if there is anyway to find out if private parties engaged in suits have been in contact with any gun grabbing orgs? Not that anything stops them from doing that, or suing who ever they want for that matter, but it would be nice to know just where the enemy is mobilizing. We need moles.... or a fifth column.

Flintlock Tom
02-23-2012, 10:07 AM
I'm a member out there and have not heard anything about it.
And I agree that the trucks going in and out of the quarry are more noisy than the shooting.

echo6cavedog
02-23-2012, 10:28 AM
I'm a member out there and have not heard anything about it.
And I agree that the trucks going in and out of the quarry are more noisy than the shooting.

AGREE 100%

Those trucks & rock crushers make more noise than all of the shooting. :mad:

A-J
02-23-2012, 11:19 AM
It would seem to me that any noise from the range would have had to have been disclosed by the seller, but i suppose anybody can file a lawsuit about anything....

Yep, like the folks who have sued the Van Nuys airport and the Burbank airport due to noise. AND WON! Despite the airports predating those residents, and depsite the disclosures made during the sale, and despite the fact that it's hard to miss the big shiny jets flying over the houses when they went to look at them.

BlindRacer
02-24-2012, 8:12 AM
Yep, like the folks who have sued the Van Nuys airport and the Burbank airport due to noise. AND WON! Despite the airports predating those residents, and depsite the disclosures made during the sale, and despite the fact that it's hard to miss the big shiny jets flying over the houses when they went to look at them.

Things like this piss me off to no end!

People feel that when they buy a house in an area, that they are entitled to everything they can see, hear and smell, and if it isn't in their favor, they get to change it.

If you move somewhere, and something like a range, an airport, a train track, whatever, is there first (or even after), it doesn't mean that you have the right to do anything about it. If you don't like it, MOVE!

SPaikmos
02-24-2012, 8:21 AM
If you move somewhere, and something like a range, an airport, a train track, whatever, is there first (or even after), it doesn't mean that you have the right to do anything about it. If you don't like it, MOVE!

While I generally agree with your sentiment, applying your idea to what's going on in CA would dictate that everyone on CGN move out of state. Doesn't seem reasonable, does it?

There has to be a better way to resolve differences between neighbors and ranges. Perhaps the ranges could offer free classes or range time to nearby residents for their troubles, and try to convert the residents to their cause instead of fighting it in court? Just a thought...

uyoga
02-24-2012, 11:14 AM
There has to be a better way to resolve differences between neighbors and ranges. Perhaps the ranges could offer free classes or range time to nearby residents for their troubles, and try to convert the residents to their cause instead of fighting it in court? Just a thought...

This would be a great win-win solution . . . unless the plaintiffs are dyed-in-the-wool anti gun ideologues.

BlindRacer
02-24-2012, 11:51 AM
While I generally agree with your sentiment, applying your idea to what's going on in CA would dictate that everyone on CGN move out of state. Doesn't seem reasonable, does it?

Don't think I'm understanding your correlation between these two.

If I'm getting what you are saying right, then I think you are understanding me wrong.

When there are things like unconstitutional laws, then it's completely different than someone moving to a location, and is disrupted by something that goes on there - which would not be unconstitutional acts...just annoyances perhaps.

I do understand your point of us fighting for our rights, but I think that's on a different level than these other things.

When you move to an area, you should check out what businesses surround the area.

One of the big things that is near my area, is the Newport Beach residents petitioned for John Wayne airport to change how they take off and land, so they wouldn't be disturbed (and obviously the airport was there before them). The airport complied, and now they are one of the most dangerous airports because of the steep accent and decent that is required of them. If these people didn't want to be in an airport path, they shouldn't have moved there.

TheBest
02-24-2012, 12:18 PM
Perhaps the ranges could offer free classes or range time to nearby residents for their troubles, and try to convert the residents to their cause instead of fighting it in court? Just a thought...
I would move closer to a range for this...