PDA

View Full Version : Any CZ P01 owners want to share their trigger/hammer work info?

allright
02-22-2012, 1:59 PM
I recently bought a new CZ P01, and I love it..... except the grit in the trigger.

I know Stuart (I believe in CO), CGW, and CZ Custom all offer the parts and will also do the work if needed.

I'm looking for reviews of any of this type of work you've done, or had done to your decocker model CZ. If any of you are in or near the San Jose area, and are willing, I'd ultimately like to try your gun (real ammo or snap caps).

Any takers?:oji:

Mr310
02-22-2012, 2:34 PM
Zfelds on this forum has an excellent write up with pictures for a trigger job on the CZ.

Lead Waster
02-22-2012, 2:37 PM
I believe the cure for the grit in a CZ is to shoot like 500 rounds through it. Or dry fire it that many times. My CZ75b SA was gritty too, it's less gritty now about, um, 700 rounds? maybe more?

Or check out zfields write up (he links to it in his sig line and I'm sure he'll be in this thread shortly ;) ) to jump on it with some polishing compound if you don't want to dry fire 500 times!

tbc
02-22-2012, 2:53 PM
My P01 is in 10 day waiting period. OP, you are making me losing sleep thinking about it now. :D

I bought it used. Only 400 rounds through it. Just wondering if the grittiness is still there.

Lead Waster
02-22-2012, 3:05 PM
LOL, tbc, you are getting a pre-seasoned one! Less break in for you to do!

tbc
02-22-2012, 3:12 PM
Haha. Now I have an excuse to take it to the range. Man I just cannot wait. It is killing me...

zfields
02-22-2012, 3:20 PM
I believe the cure for the grit in a CZ is to shoot like 500 rounds through it. Or dry fire it that many times. My CZ75b SA was gritty too, it's less gritty now about, um, 700 rounds? maybe more?

Or check out zfields write up (he links to it in his sig line and I'm sure he'll be in this thread shortly ;) ) to jump on it with some polishing compound if you don't want to dry fire 500 times!

*wave*

op, check out the link in my sig. Should get you started. Most important part is swapping springs, and polishing,since that will smooth and lighten the DA pull. Disconnector and hammer will greatly improve the SA pull.

The p01 trigger is almost the same as the sp01 in my link, except the spacer on the left side of the p01 sear cage.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

maxima
02-22-2012, 3:22 PM
removed dupe:)

You may also find CZ firearm related info here:
http://www.czforumsite.info/

Blackhawk556
02-23-2012, 2:27 AM
*wave*

op, check out the link in my sig. Should get you started. Most important part is swapping springs, and polishing,since that will smooth and lighten the DA pull. Disconnector and hammer will greatly improve the SA pull.

The p01 trigger is almost the same as the sp01 in my link, except the spacer on the left side of the p01 sear cage.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using Tapatalk

Any chance of you making a video on this? Or may be on installing the hammer?

Sent from Los Alamos Nuclear Facility

zfields
02-23-2012, 9:27 AM
Any chance of you making a video on this? Or may be on installing the hammer?

Sent from Los Alamos Nuclear Facility

Possibly. I dont have a decent video camera, and not sure how well I could do it without my girl filming it ( which she thinks is nerdy ).

Personally, next time I will get the hammer pre-installed on the strut. You dont want to see a video of me swearing for 20 minutes pounding pins off the stock hammer/strut.

sephy
02-23-2012, 9:42 AM
I just shoot the crap outta mine. Many thousands of rounds now (without a hiccup) and the trigger feels great.

Just FYI: the Kadet kit will fit the P01 but you will need to contact CZ and get the PCR slide stop. They will ship it to you for free.

Bad Voodoo
02-23-2012, 6:14 PM
Rob at CZ Custom Shop has mine now. Sent it in for night sites and figured it would do well to get the action/trigger job while there. Looking forward to feeling the results.

himurax13
02-23-2012, 8:44 PM

That is a total myth. Dry firing doesn't remove high spots and machining marks. I did a action/trigger job on my SA and from day one and it is night and day difference over my 2 buddies heavily shot CZ's. It lacks the crisp break of my highly tuned Springer 9mm 1911 but the trigger pull is lighter and it has nearly the same reset and pre and post travel distance.

All you really need is a steady hand, some files, and maybe a carefully used dremel and or polishing stones. Just make sure you follow the directions that others have posted and go slow.

Lighter Springs, a properly cut hammer, and the proper trigger makes the biggest difference. I would trust Stuart to do my gun, if I bought another one. He does excellent work and will go the extra mile.

elsolo
03-09-2012, 3:11 AM
If fitting a new hammer is too much, just swap out the mainspring for a 15# as a first step.

I have done several CZ triggerjobs, there are a few tricks to get them just right instead of just light and mushy.

zfields
03-09-2012, 6:09 AM
If fitting a new hammer is too much, just swap out the mainspring for a 15# as a first step.

I have done several CZ triggerjobs, there are a few tricks to get them just right instead of just light and mushy.

A set of springs is going to do much more for the DA pull then a hammer. So a good polishing and you should be getting a much smoother pull also.

Wingnutt
03-09-2012, 6:42 AM
After approx 750 rnds the trigger on my Tactical Sport is great. I am sending it in for a hammer and alloy trigger . How much better can it get? Love CZ

Bad Voodoo
03-09-2012, 8:53 AM
Just got it back from THE custom shop. Feels smooth and crisp. Single action breaks at a tad over 3# and double at just over 8#. Meprolites installed as well.

http://i40.tinypic.com/axmkb5.jpg

SIGman Freud
03-09-2012, 8:57 AM
Like sephy, I see no need to modify the stock trigger on the P-01. Just shoot the 'ell out of it and the trigger will smooth out. :)

paul0660
03-09-2012, 9:02 AM
That is a total myth.

It's not a TOTAL myth, they do break in. Of course you will get better results from a good trigger job (which money spent you will not recoup on resale).

I wouldn't call the stock trigger "gritty" anyway.