View Full Version : Taurus pt1911 ALR + accessories. Off roster. ANy idea of value?

02-22-2012, 11:45 AM
Alright I have a Taurus pt1911 Alr, two-tone that I was playing with the Idea of Selling to eventually get a Springfield Loaded. I know they are hard to get in CA. It is a Railed gun. The barrel Is throated, which I dont believe is done factory. It has some Wear marks and the infamous Idiot mark, done by prev owner, and the safety has some oxidation (probably a mistake during plating). It has a magwell, that I had machined so magazines fit better. It was a simple wilson combat one. I also Have a blade tech kydex holster and a kydex inner-pants holster, along with 1 factory 8 round mag, 2 10 round chip mccormick (if i am spelling that right) and, 1 wilson combat 10 round mag. Previous owner said under 300, and I have put roughly 500 through it. It doesnt always like feeding the 1st round out of a fully loaded 10 round. Could be because They are too new and not broken in. I have seen them online from $500 to 800 and msrp is $870 with just the gun and factory mags. Does anyone have any idea what All this would be worth. I know the holsters new were 50ish each, and the mags are $25-35 each.

This is the best I can do on pictures at the moment,

http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=610&category=Pistol&toggle=tp&breadcrumbseries=19 It is the same color and gun.

02-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Can you post some pictures because that will help a lot.

02-22-2012, 4:02 PM
I have the stainless PT1911AR, with alittle over 1000 rounds fired, very clean no idiot mark with VZ grips. I have no plans to sell it but if I did I would price it around $650.00. Your extras will help but will not add alott to the value of the gun, you could have two prices one with the gunn and two mags and one with everything and then be open to offers.

Sorry I dont have a better pick but you can get an idea of the condition the gun is in.

02-23-2012, 6:58 AM
Thanks, does anyone else have any information? does anyone know the difference between the models, like ar vs. alr?

02-23-2012, 3:42 PM
AR = Accessory rail
AL = Aluminum
SSAR = Stainless steel with accessory rail
ALR = Aluminum with accessory rail.