PDA

View Full Version : Pajamas Carry?

NeenachGuy
02-22-2012, 11:41 AM
When I'm at home in the evenings, I like to be comfortable and usually wear my house pants or pajamas. Although I always try to keep a handgun nearby, there are times that this becomes impractical.

For example, if I get up from the couch to go pop up some popcorn, and decide to grab a glass of apple juice while I'm in the kitchen (both hands occupied) or if I decide to go into the restroom and trim my toe nails while talking on the phone and drinking a soda.

In these situations, I may expose myself to vulnerability should a threat happen to present itself while I'm separated from my firearm. I have a suspicion that the bad guys have a knack for enacting their mischief when they have the upper hand, so I've been thinking about getting a holster that would work well in my sub-casual attire.

I would like to hear whether y'all are carrying (and how) when lounging around in your pajamas or other similar attire.

Retzius
02-22-2012, 11:49 AM
Not sure if serious...

Quickdraw Mcgraw
02-22-2012, 11:56 AM
LCP clipdraw/thread!

stix213
02-22-2012, 12:03 PM
This sounds like a joke. If not, you have some seriously strong PJ's if you expect them to hold up a holster.

Wear some stronger pants that can hold up a real holster, or preposition a quick open pistol safe in places you are worried about if this was actually serious.

(who the hell clips their toe nails, talks on the phone, and drinks a soda all at the same time?)

NeenachGuy
02-22-2012, 12:11 PM
This sounds like a joke. If not, you have some seriously strong PJ's if you expect them to hold up a holster.

Wear some stronger pants that can hold up a real holster, or preposition a quick open pistol safe in places you are worried about if this was actually serious.

(who the hell clips their toe nails, talks on the phone, and drinks a soda all at the same time?)

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't expect everyone lives like I do, and I apologize if my examples were not appropriate.

unusedusername
02-22-2012, 12:30 PM
If you are that worried about it (live in a bad neighborhood or whatever) then just get a small pocket-able pistol.

A bunch of different companies started making really tiny 9mms this year and most of them have been getting very positive reviews. You just need one that is small enough that the holster+pistol could fit into a pocket.

You could also go for the "grumpy old man/woman" look and get a vest with a built in holster (http://www.woolrich.com/p-44424.shtml).

I personally wear a comfy pair of jeans with a pocket holster around my house most of the time.

DVSmith
02-22-2012, 12:31 PM
Shoulder rig. the only way to go when not, or only partially clothed...

DVSmith
02-22-2012, 12:32 PM

armygunsmith
02-22-2012, 12:38 PM
Shoulder rig is not a bad idea, but what about a "belly band" type holster?

spits55
02-22-2012, 12:47 PM
Dude, live prepared not paranoid... :nuts:

NeenachGuy
02-22-2012, 12:48 PM

I've never used a shoulder holster... is clipping it to the trousers or belt required in order to achieve stable function of the holster?

I'll look into getting some comfy jeans. I typically wear Wranglers, and they are very thick/rough, not very relaxing.

Great suggestions so far...

negolien
02-22-2012, 12:49 PM
LOL stop worrying you don't need to carry every sec of the day... Keep your pistol in an appropriate and easily accesable spot usually in your bedroom and just get on with your life. The chances of someone kicking down your door are slim thus giving you time to go grab you weapon. In the odd chance someone does the above chances of you actually getting you pistol out in time are slim and will actually only improve the odds of you getting shot imho.

mike_the_wino
02-22-2012, 12:51 PM
Shoulder rig and no house pants. You will always have the element of surprise.

The King
02-22-2012, 12:53 PM
I only got as far as a guy in his pajamas exposing himself...

But seriously folks, wear a bathrobe with pockets.
Or get a lanyard.

Just don't swing too wide...

ElvenSoul
02-22-2012, 1:01 PM
The Solution

http://aviatorscrubs.com/

Not actually PJ's but they are comphy, come with a zillion pockets, and have a belt.

therealnickb
02-22-2012, 1:10 PM
When I'm at home in the evenings, I like to be comfortable and usually wear my house pants or pajamas. Although I always try to keep a handgun nearby, there are times that this becomes impractical.

For example, if I get up from the couch to go pop up some popcorn, and decide to grab a glass of apple juice while I'm in the kitchen (both hands occupied) or if I decide to go into the restroom and trim my toe nails while talking on the phone and drinking a soda.

In these situations, I may expose myself to vulnerability should a threat happen to present itself while I'm separated from my firearm. I have a suspicion that the bad guys have a knack for enacting their mischief when they have the upper hand, so I've been thinking about getting a holster that would work well in my sub-casual attire.

I would like to hear whether y'all are carrying (and how) when lounging around in your pajamas or other similar attire.If you are serious, an XD SC 9 or 40 in a clip on FIST #1 IWB holster works fine if your "jammies" have a decent draw string.

SARC_Mike
02-22-2012, 1:23 PM
What would everyones advice be for shower/sex carry. HA. Seriously I get all warm and fuzzy with my weapon close by, but I know that every second of every day is not possible.

Ponderosa2
02-22-2012, 1:23 PM
I had a similar situation problem a while back. I was concerned with a possible situation where I wake up in the middle of the night, need to have my pistol and a light, bit may need two hands to for instance carry my daughter to safety if needed. Can't do that without a place to stow the gun, and i refuse to wear a holster to bed! My solution was to get a basic webbelt with a quick attach buckle and put a holster on it. I keep it next to the bed. I can strap it on quickly no matter what I'm wearing and have both hands free if I need them. May work for you?

Turo
02-22-2012, 1:26 PM
Dude, live prepared not paranoid... :nuts:

Yeah, because carrying a gun means someone is paranoid.:rolleyes:

unusedusername
02-22-2012, 1:41 PM
Whoa folks, what's up with all the hate?

In this state there are very few places left where one can carry a gun around without having to go through a permit process, which in some counties is impossible to get.

If the OP here has got the "I want to carry a pistol around" bug then where else is he/she going to carry it?

Thinking about how carry can work in different suituations is not a bad thing...

bsg
02-22-2012, 1:48 PM
Bianchi Ranger Belly Band; no longer manufactured for retail sales... but is worth the search and find on the online auctions. there are other companies that currently make their own versions of a belly band setup. my vote goes to the Bianchi.

swat
02-22-2012, 1:50 PM
What would everyones advice be for shower/sex carry. HA. Seriously I get all warm and fuzzy with my weapon close by, but I know that every second of every day is not possible.

I guess he could put his piece in a ziplock plastic bag during showers, but I got a feeling that what to do with it during sex isn't a problem for this guy as he probably hasn't gotten any in quiet a while.:43:

DVSmith
02-22-2012, 1:58 PM

Shoulder holster, with a GLOCK for the shower...

now, in certain positions, a shoulder holster may not be practical in bed, so stick to positions that are appropriate for your carry attire!

DVSmith
02-22-2012, 2:00 PM
I had a similar situation problem a while back. I was concerned with a possible situation where I wake up in the middle of the night, need to have my pistol and a light, bit may need two hands to for instance carry my daughter to safety if needed. Can't do that without a place to stow the gun, and i refuse to wear a holster to bed! My solution was to get a basic webbelt with a quick attach buckle and put a holster on it. I keep it next to the bed. I can strap it on quickly no matter what I'm wearing and have both hands free if I need them. May work for you?

It's been done:

http://ljhollowayphotography.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/AdrianGroupBlog01.jpg

choprzrul
02-22-2012, 2:05 PM
Ummmm.....hang that hog leg from your nipple rings.......

?

BassNut
02-22-2012, 2:16 PM
LMAO! Get one of those smart carry holsters. They are self supporting.

NeenachGuy
02-22-2012, 2:17 PM
I guess he could put his piece in a ziplock plastic bag during showers, but I got a feeling that what to do with it during sex isn't a problem for this guy as he probably hasn't gotten any in quiet a while.:43:

Well, that's rude, isn't it? You don't really know me. Besides, during sex isn't a problem, because that only requires one hand.

DVSmith
02-22-2012, 2:19 PM
Well, that's rude, isn't it? You don't really know me. Besides, during sex isn't a problem, because that only requires one hand.

LOL!!!! You have to have a good sense of humor around here! Glad you do!! :43:

SARC_Mike
02-22-2012, 2:28 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Decoligny
02-22-2012, 2:49 PM

For in the shower, a stainless steel handgun, with a decent size rare earth magnet mounted on the shower wall high enough to keep the gun out of the direct spray.

For sex, it usually happens in the bedroom, so my nightstand gun is quite handy.

Dead*Reckoned
02-22-2012, 3:07 PM
I don't wear pajamas around the house, usually just basketball shorts cause they are comfy. My kel tec p11 with a belt clip works well for just carrying around the home.

voiceofreason
02-22-2012, 5:24 PM
If you have children in the house or idiot adults that can't handle guns safely... then it can never leave either your safe or holster.

Be wary of any method which involves it not being consistently attached to your person.

kwansao
02-22-2012, 5:33 PM
murse. or.. european shoulder bag. check out maxpedition

rbahri5206
02-22-2012, 5:34 PM
Try using a belly band holster i use one for my ccw works great
http://bellybandccw.com/

CSACANNONEER
02-22-2012, 5:41 PM
I don't wear PJs. I'm glad I own NAA revolvers so, I can carry with both hands full.

DVSmith
02-22-2012, 5:51 PM
I don't wear PJs. I'm glad I own NAA revolvers so, I can carry with both hands full.

:eek: ^^ :eek: ^^ :eek:

:rofl:

yelohamr
02-22-2012, 5:53 PM
Use 30" of paracord, tie the ends together, loop it through trigger guard and wear it around your neck.

(That's 45 seconds I just wasted.)

GettoPhilosopher
02-22-2012, 5:55 PM
Gecko, is that you? :D

Rebellious
02-23-2012, 1:58 AM
I rock a glock in my pajama pocket at home, doesn't everyone?

Sir Stunna Lot
02-23-2012, 2:04 AM
here's what i use when ever i dont have a belt on

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=503564

kimber_ss
02-23-2012, 2:55 AM
You could always wear a garter belt and slide your derringer into it. If that won't work just tie the derringer to your "johnson". With a little extra training you could probably just fire it from the front flap in your PJ's. :)

davbog44
02-23-2012, 4:35 AM

I am inclined to agree, especially if the weapon you have (or want to carry around the house while in PJ's etc) is anything larger than a pocket pistol. And I don't mean to knock pocket pistols. I think they have their place / applications for concealed carry, but if someone with bad intent is coming into my home, I want a proper fighting gun.

A shoulder holster is comfortable, equally so while seated or standing. And no, you don't need tie downs, at least I don't for either of my Galco rigs.

Someone else mentioned a belly band, but I can tell you on me at least, I found a BB to be irritating, sweaty and itchy. But perhaps I have too much belly and not enough band. YMMV.

Quite possible an ankle holster might work too, but again this would necessitate a smaller handgun I suspect.

dieselpower
02-23-2012, 4:52 AM
I got banned from the centerfire rifle forum for replying to a joke post like this one...

get a shoulder holster and move on...

I could add to the hilarity, but only Moderators and Administrators are allowed to have fun with new posters...anyone remember the thread "I bang hot chics"...:90:

BassNut
02-23-2012, 6:35 AM
...anyone remember the thread "I bang hot chics"...:90:

That must of been about me. :)

NeenachGuy
02-23-2012, 6:50 AM
get a shoulder holster and move on...

Thanks for all the suggestions in this thread (at least, thanks to those who were not insulting (you know who you are)). I'll take a look at shoulder holsters, as this seems to be the best option for my situation.

I guess this can be closed now. Thanks again, everybody.

BassNut
02-23-2012, 7:02 AM
Thanks for all the suggestions in this thread (at least, thanks to those who were not insulting (you know who you are)). I'll take a look at shoulder holsters, as this seems to be the best option for my situation.

I guess this can be closed now. Thanks again, everybody.

Check these out too. They would work well with pajamas......

http://www.smartcarry.com/

oldsmoboat
02-23-2012, 7:22 AM
I completely tiled my home in 12 gauge shotguns. That way I am never far from a weapon. I do have to wear shoes all the time though.

therealnickb
02-23-2012, 8:17 AM
As I mentioned before, this http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/1.htm works with a decent draw string. I wouldn't go running or jumping around with it. But to go get your apple juice it's just fine.

NeenachGuy
02-23-2012, 9:56 AM
As I mentioned before, this http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/1.htm works with a decent draw string. I wouldn't go running or jumping around with it. But to go get your apple juice it's just fine.

I've narrowed down the shoulder holster to either an Alessi Bodyguard or Galco Miami Classic II. However, I really like that Fist clip holster, and may pick one of those up for a different gun since it's under $50.

spits55
02-29-2012, 9:36 AM
Yeah, because carrying a gun means someone is paranoid.:rolleyes:

I never said that, you did... you're absolutely correct this is not living paranoid....lol what a t**l!!

In these situations, I may expose myself to vulnerability should a threat happen to present itself while I'm separated from my firearm.

Tiberius
02-29-2012, 4:53 PM
Two words: rectal carry.

There was a recent post about an inmate who had something like a 9" revolver in there. A small pocket pistol should be no problem.