PDA

View Full Version : Shooting on private property in Kern Co.

EBWhite
04-02-2007, 11:50 PM
Is it legal to shoot on your own property in kern county? Specifically Lake Isabella/Wofford Heights Area. This in on a owned 2 acre piece of property. Any ideas of ordinances against this?

PistolPete75
04-03-2007, 12:03 AM
check with local city ordinances. my father has a 40 acre ranch in kern county. his neighbor owns a private range. i can also shoot rabbits on his ranch, but only in certain directions where there are mountains to stop the bullets. if you have no mountains on your lot, forget about it. if you do, then call the city.

EBWhite
04-03-2007, 12:28 AM
the property has a nice hill on one side of it.

tenpercentfirearms
04-03-2007, 7:30 AM
I would just call the KCSD and ask them. They would be the ones to come out and bust you. Just call and ask the question to the dispatcher or even just call and ask if a deputy can come meet you at your residence at their convenience.

luvtolean
04-03-2007, 7:38 AM
I would just call the KCSD and ask them. They would be the ones to come out and bust you. Just call and ask the question to the dispatcher or even just call and ask if a deputy can come meet you at your residence at their convenience.

+1 and write down the times and names of people you talk to.

It wasn't in Kern county, but I got to plink and ride dirtbikes in our 2 acre backyard as a kid, it was superb.

tenpercentfirearms
04-03-2007, 7:58 AM
Another thing is as your neighbors. They will be the ones calling the cops. If you have talked to everyone and they have no problem with it, then even if it isn't legal, no one is going to call the sheriff on you.