PDA

View Full Version : "Pushing or No Follow Through" What does it mean?

RRichie09
02-21-2012, 10:33 PM
If I don't concentrate I tend to shoot a little high and a little to the left (rt handed shooter). I've seen the chart and it tells me "Pushing or No Follow Through" but I have NO idea what it means.

Anyone know where I can find more detailed explanations about the comments in the chart?

adrenalinejunkie
02-21-2012, 10:39 PM
I'm curious about this too and here's a bump for a fellow rider haha

Dhena81
02-21-2012, 10:43 PM
Post #21

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=538689

swifty
02-22-2012, 1:57 AM
"Pushing" is exactly that, at the moment of firing the heel of the hand pushes forward rotating the muzzle upwards. Sometimes it is the shooter trying to avoid recoil.

"Follow-through" is maintaining everything until recoil subsides.
~ Don't look the target to see how you did...look at the sights.
~ Don't relax your grip, of either hand, ...maintain the same same amount of pressure.
~ Don't release your trigger finger...keep the trigger held to the rear.
~ Do keep everything identical from shot to shot.

RRichie09
02-22-2012, 9:46 AM
Post #21

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=538689

Yeah I read that but wanted more clarification.

"Pushing" is exactly that, at the moment of firing the heel of the hand pushes forward rotating the muzzle upwards. Sometimes it is the shooter trying to avoid recoil.

"Follow-through" is maintaining everything until recoil subsides.
~ Don't look the target to see how you did...look at the sights.
~ Don't relax your grip, of either hand, ...maintain the same same amount of pressure.
~ Don't release your trigger finger...keep the trigger held to the rear.
~ Do keep everything identical from shot to shot.

Thank you so much. I think follow through is my problem. I just recently started holding the trigger back and releasing it later. I really hope I'm not pushing as I don't think I have a problem with flinching. I will be more mindful of "follow through" and see how that works out.

Dhena81
02-22-2012, 10:16 AM
Ex3BS9OxIfw