PDA

View Full Version : Abandoned PPT guns.... maybe

dexter9659
02-21-2012, 11:05 PM
Our shop is currently undergoing an ownership change. The previous owner is closing shop and transferring his books to another FFL in the shop. We have some very old 4473ís (the old yellow ones) which I recently found for PPTs which are all but abandoned (I located the guns as well in a dustly corner). As I recall a man who is now in the pokey doing 5-10 or so attempted to transfer his guns to his mom. They filled out all the PPT paper work, but she never showed up to pick up the guns. I intend to call her about the weapons and find out what she plans to do with them, such as re-DROS ect. Does anyone know what my options will be if I cannot reach her, or she decides she doesnít want to deal with them at all?

efillc
02-22-2012, 5:48 AM
If you can't reach Mom then you need to follow CA's abandoned property process before you can take ownership of them and dispose of them.

If you can reach Mom but she doesn't want them, offer to consign the guns for her. If she doesn't even want the money have her sign an abandoned property receipt.

kemasa
02-22-2012, 10:54 AM
Since it was a PPT, there are other issues. If it can not go to the buyer, and clearly can not go to the seller, then it has to go to the police.