View Full Version : Glock Gen 2 Overhaul Update

02-21-2012, 6:15 PM
If you missed the first part. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=537745&highlight=overhaul

Ok we left off with some trigger parts in the mail. They arrived today

Zev//Tech Competition Spring Kit-Includes
ZEV Tech Extra Heavy Trigger Spring. (trigger spring helps you pull the trigger, heavier is better)
ZEV Tech Reduced power Firing Pin Safety Spring
ZEV Tech Reduced Power Firing Pin Spring.
These springs are manufactured by Zev Tech, not rebranded springs from Wolff.

Also oem Glock 3.5- connector.

I thought 3.5 connector coupled with the spring kit should be ultra smooth trigger.WRONG WRONG WRONG.

Apparently not so, you have to mix and match parts. I didn't install the firing pin spring since I have read many post of light primer strikes. I installed the pin safety spring. This is like the spring on series 80s 1911. You can turn the gun upside down and see where the Trigger bar(if that's the proper name?) presses up on it when you pull the trigger. This part proved legit and could be felt instantly just by pressing on it with my punch, and finger.

I installed the 3.5 connector. Feels just like a regular Glock but lighter. You get to the wall but you don't need as much pressure to go through it or over it. I was happy :)

Next with the extra heavy trigger spring. I installed it expecting an improvement. Nope it felt worse. Actually I think it feels worse than stock. I assembled and disassembled over and over in disbelief changing the springs back and forth surfing the net checking if I had done something wrong.

I had finally accepted and had actually just left the 3.5 connector with the oem spring. Then for some odd reason after maybe 2 hours of screwing with it I put the 5.5 connector in with the competition spring. WOW:eek:

The trigger is smooth, unbelievable there is no staging or stacking. Just one continuous pull and clean break.

Ok sorry for going on and on for so long. The oem 3.5 connector cost me 24.99 bucks on ebay.

The spring is only 2.99 from Midway.

Save your money and just buy the spring. Thank you.

02-22-2012, 2:09 AM
The heavy trigger back-pull spring (my own terms) will reduce the force of the trigger take up, but if your trigger bar isn't buttery smooth, it'll make the takeup feel grittier.

If you watch the pros do Glock trigger work at the shows (Glockmeister, etc.) first thing they do is polish the trigger bar. (rear surface that contacts the connector, and top surface that contacts the FP safety).

02-25-2012, 1:29 PM
Thanks Dave I'll give that a try.

02-25-2012, 3:15 PM
Wow, I really like your gen 2. Very nice. :drool5: You make me want to destroy my gen 2 lol

02-27-2012, 9:32 PM
I tried polishing 25 cent, reinstalled the 3.5 connector. It does feel smoother but not lighter.

tuna quesadilla
02-27-2012, 9:49 PM
You should thank Team Glock for advertising to the whole world that there are guns in your house. :facepalm:

c3 rolling
02-27-2012, 10:55 PM
I tossed my ZEV spring too, didnt feel a real difference and wasnt worth the risk. The 4.5 connector with the the stock spring works great. Ive tried to .25 trigger job but the only way I achieved a smooth/lighter trigger was with a **** load of shooting and dry pressing. When I compare my old Glocks with my new ones, the difference is unbelievable.