View Full Version : wrong/misspelled name on dros

02-21-2012, 4:04 PM
i just noticed when i got home a bit ago they mispelled my first name and added my suffix at the end of my first name and not in the suffix box...so instead of efren thet put efrenjr....will that cause my dros to be rejected?

02-21-2012, 4:08 PM
Did they manually enter the information or did they swipe your DL/ID? It might be that your ID is that way.

02-21-2012, 4:31 PM
now that i think about it i saw him swipe my ID

02-21-2012, 4:52 PM
Well, then perhaps that is how it is in on your ID, which means it should not be a problem. The mag stripe info is a bit strange at times and does not match what is printed on the ID. One customer is a problem because what gets read in is not acceptable to the DROS system, so I have to change it.

02-21-2012, 5:46 PM
I messed up on the spelling of a last name before and it went through fine (sucks when the stripe doesn't work). If they mess up on the ID number, I think that would be a different story.

02-21-2012, 10:36 PM
thanks for your help, i guess we will find out next Friday on the 2nd :sweatdrop:

02-22-2012, 5:45 AM
I have screwed up names quite often. The swipe will get you with suffixes or with two middle names. I have never had a DROS rejected because of the name being screwed up. I suspect your DL and DOB is the most important info on that submission. You have nothing to worry about.

Eddy's Shooting Sports
02-22-2012, 10:19 AM
As long as the DL/ID number is correct you should be fine. I have even forgot to update to current address after swiping and DOJ told me to simply correct it on the printed form. They seem to be pretty laissez
faire lately in ol' Sac Town.

Just make sure they correct it on the form.

Greg David
Eddy's Shooting Sports
400 Moffett Blvd., Suite F
Mountain View, CA 94043