PDA

View Full Version : Don't go through Wild Bill's Old West Trading Company for an SSE unless you have to.

ColtCalifornian
02-21-2012, 3:38 PM
Just a forewarning to anyone that isn't into wasting their valuable time:

Don't go through Wild Bill's Old West Trading Company for an SSE unless you have to.

If you're trying to import an off-list pistol for a SSE to Wild Bill's, don't bother. The owner will force you to buy from his store anything that he stocks. That means paying in-store prices for something you can get much cheaper online. The man that answered the phone was rude, and treated me like I didn't know what I was talking about. Not to mention, he got on and off the phone multiple times as though he was too busy to deal with me.

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I'VE EVER RECEIVED IN THE GUN SELLING COMMUNITY!

I'll be trying Valkyrie Arms in Milpitas next. Hopefully they want my business more than Wild Bill's.

Cracker
02-21-2012, 3:39 PM
ive been through there a few times and its always just like that

ColtCalifornian
02-21-2012, 3:42 PM

It's sad to see a dealer taking advantage of potential buyers like this. I've always held our community in high regard, but it seems the dealers in CA are beginning more and more to be less concerned with helping out their fellow man and more concerned with scamming every dollar out of them that they can. Disappointing.

Bluesami
02-21-2012, 4:06 PM
I ask the indian guy in the back about a heritage pistol. His response.

I don't know pistols I just sell tacticool stuff

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

fanof1911forlife
02-21-2012, 4:19 PM
Just a forewarning to anyone that isn't into wasting their valuable time:

Don't go through Wild Bill's Old West Trading Company for an SSE unless you have to.

If you're trying to import an off-list pistol for a SSE to Wild Bill's, don't bother. The owner will force you to buy from his store anything that he stocks. That means paying in-store prices for something you can get much cheaper online. The man that answered the phone was rude, and treated me like I didn't know what I was talking about. Not to mention, he got on and off the phone multiple times as though he was too busy to deal with me.

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I'VE EVER RECEIVED IN THE GUN SELLING COMMUNITY!

I'll be trying Valkyrie Arms in Milpitas next. Hopefully they want my business more than Wild Bill's.

I disagree. Wild Bills SSE'd a RIA Tactical 2011 for me without any problems. If you come in and respectfully ask them to do an SSE on the exact pistol that you want (like bringing a photo print out of your pistol to show them what you want ordered) and if they can do that, they will be more than happy to take your order. If you come in guns a blazing and treat them without any regards, they'll also be more than happy to return the favor.

flip7
02-21-2012, 4:22 PM
I know nothing about Wild Bills, but have been in to Valkyrie many times
and they seem helpful, knowledgable and easy to deal with.

keenkeen
02-21-2012, 4:27 PM

I've got to agree as well... Been in there 3 times and never received good service. I wouldn't go back except I love buying guns and dusty beer taps and neon all at the same time!

So they are my only choice...:D

Swift Justice
02-21-2012, 5:04 PM
Each time I have gone in to do a PPT (3 times, at buyers/seller's insistence), I have always been put to the "back of the line" as far as waiting for help goes. Last time I went after waiting for 35 minutes with not even eye contact from any of the counter people I finally said to the guy behind the counter (who was doing nothing) We're here for a quick PPT can we get some help?

I avoid them, and the Gun Room even more for PPT's. Best place in town for PPT's is RCGE.

keenkeen
02-21-2012, 5:09 PM
Best place in town for PPT's is RCGE.

100% THIS ^^^^

:)

Lives_In_Fresno
02-21-2012, 5:12 PM
I disagree. Wild Bills SSE'd a RIA Tactical 2011 for me without any problems. If you come in and respectfully ask them to do an SSE on the exact pistol that you want (like bringing a photo print out of your pistol to show them what you want ordered) and if they can do that, they will be more than happy to take your order. If you come in guns a blazing and treat them without any regards, they'll also be more than happy to return the favor.

I think the OP was saying that he wanted to order something, and have the already ordered item shipped to the FFL in CA for conversion...

I think what you said what that Wild bill's is cool to order things for people...

Those are two different scenarios, possibly with very different pricetags. Glad it worked for you, though.

ShooterDK
02-21-2012, 5:27 PM
Does not sound like the same Wild Bill's that I know. Hmmm.

Sac-AR15
02-21-2012, 5:50 PM
I'll have to disagree also. I've done 2 SSE with them with no problems at all. I've purchased 3 handguns with them recently and will be buying another one this week. I've always been given great service when I'm there. Guess I've been lucky. River City is also a good place too.

mlgs00
02-21-2012, 6:49 PM
If you are in the Central Valley, I suggest you contact Mike at Tracy Rifle and Pistol. They are great to deal with AND much closer to you than Valkyrie Arms in Milpitas.

elSquid
02-21-2012, 7:03 PM
It's sad to see a dealer taking advantage of potential buyers like this. I've always held our community in high regard, but it seems the dealers in CA are beginning more and more to be less concerned with helping out their fellow man and more concerned with scamming every dollar out of them that they can. Disappointing.

It's a business - what do you expect?

If I turned your statement around: "I've always held our community in high regard, but it seems the buyers in CA are beginning more and more to be less concerned with supporting their local dealers and more concerned with saving every dollar out of purchases that they can."

Would this be an outrage? Or does it only work one-way?

Why would you expect a brick and mortar store match the prices of a low cost internet vendor?

If you want to save money and buy online, find an FFL that primarily does transfers. : shrug :

-- Michael

Sacramento Black Rifle
02-21-2012, 7:47 PM
This FFL bashing is getting very old on Calguns. If its not the ten day wait BS it's somthing else. I understand customer service in the gun biz is lacking at some shops, I get it, I do. But bashing gun shops will not help the situation. I also know how it is to want to vent and rant. It was not that long ago that I was the guy on the other side of the counter. It's not easy running a retail store, let alone a gun store. So please keep the bashing to a minimum. I bet if you call speak with Brandon he will make it right. He has a long good track record and I bet in the end you will be happy.

Rob

Sunday
02-21-2012, 7:59 PM
I have a friend who was parteners in a very sucessful gun shop running on a 30% markup on most everything and maybe less on guns and only 10% on prepaid special orders!!! both owners retired and sold the shop. Due to this I know several other shop owners and keep currant with the prices. Basically some shops rape you . Others charge a fair price and give good service. I will not pay close to list price in a gun shop . For example I bought a Giessel trigger group from my local gun shop for $10.00 more that the average mail away place and the owner of the shop installed 3 trigger groups in a lower for me to try out the trigger pull, great service and a very fair price. A gun shop has to make a fair profit to keep the doors open etc . I like it when I feel like I saves some $$$ and the shop made some money.

Munk
02-21-2012, 8:00 PM
I ask the indian guy in the back about a heritage pistol. His response.

I don't know pistols I just sell tacticool stuff

I'm actually cool with this response. He's not dismissing you out of rudeness or telling you to shove of, he's telling you that HE is ignorant of the information you require.

Bluesami
02-21-2012, 8:28 PM
I'm actually cool with this response. He's not dismissing you out of rudeness or telling you to shove of, he's telling you that HE is ignorant of the information you require.

Ok ill agree with that.
I just found it odd that I got that response.

stacym
02-21-2012, 9:05 PM

I agree it's good that he's honest rather than BS'ing and pretending to know something he really doesn't. I appreciate honesty. However, the right thing to do (customer service wise) would be to add on to ...I only sell tacticool, but Joe over here can answer your questions. Hey Joe, this guy has a question about....

Wild Bill's is a little bit different customer service wise. It can be a challenge to get the attention of the folks behind the counter. However, I've had very good luck with them once I got their attention. (helpful and informative) I know if I'm heading over there to be patient and have time to wait.

As to the SSE...I haven't used Wild Bill's for that. I've done one through Tracy Rifle and Pistol, and had very good experience there!

Aspec5vz
02-21-2012, 10:10 PM
I've had no issues with Wild Bills and I've bought several guns from them; it's my favorite gun shop in Sacramento! Their prices are usually pretty good and they negotiate on the price as well. They gave me a real nice price quote on a Walther PPQ but told me they couldn't get the parts to do the SSE on it :(

louscamaro91
02-21-2012, 11:32 PM
Brandon is a great guy.
I love the old school feel of their Wild Bill's.

SIGman Freud
02-21-2012, 11:42 PM
They're a little weird over there. A couple of weeks ago, on a Saturday afternoon, I walked in with a couple of buddies. We wandered our way from the revolvers counter all the way over to the pistols. Nobody asked us if we needed help or anything. Shortly after looking at the nice selection, a short stocky guy with brown hair and a beard asked us to leave because they were getting ready to close down, at 4:30pm.

Ok, sure. Understood. We looked around, and other people just staring at long rifles behind the counter, shotguns, etc. were left alone and not asked to leave at just before 4:30.

So, we're like, ok. A little weird. This guy then walked with us outside (or, did he walk us out) and he saw some guys smoking in the parking lot. He mumbled something else with what I believe was a request to tell the guys in the parking lot that the store was closed. I asked him to repeat what he said, and he just turned around and walked back inside.

Uh, yeah.

I don't know what it is, but I've been there a few times and I'll get either decent service or crap like this. I'm an amiable, well-educated, employed, adult American citizen who knows about firearms. I also know about good customer service. I can go to River City Gun Exchange, Wild Sports, TDS Guns, or Cordova Shooting Center anytime and be treated with much more respect. I even get great customer service at The Gun Room across the street all the time.

Some people may have no problems or even good relations with the people at Wild Bill's. All I can say is, thank the good Lord for giving us alternatives. :oji:

Cheers!
Sig

InGrAM
02-21-2012, 11:56 PM
Each time I have gone in to do a PPT (3 times, at buyers/seller's insistence), I have always been put to the "back of the line" as far as waiting for help goes. Last time I went after waiting for 35 minutes with not even eye contact from any of the counter people I finally said to the guy behind the counter (who was doing nothing) We're here for a quick PPT can we get some help?

I avoid them, and the Gun Room even more for PPT's. Best place in town for PPT's is RCGE.

All of the bold.

To OP: I had one of the clerks try and talk me out of buying a shotgun that was worth more than the Mossberg 500 he was trying to sell me :facepalm:. They must have had too many of the Mossbergs in stock or something because he was so persistent it was to the point where I thought that he was not going to sell me the shotgun I had originally gone in there to buy. Lets just say that I only window shop at Wild Bill's and have not bought a thing there since. That was a few years ago....

mag360
02-22-2012, 2:40 AM
I might drive to tracy if/when gas goes back to $1/gallon or CGF wins the 10 day waiting period lawsuit. Just too far to drive twice get a gun.

mark2203
02-22-2012, 4:55 AM
I actually like Wild Bills. The layout is always pretty interesting to me and the assistance I've received there has been good. Unfortunately, they close at 5:30 during the week. For a place that looks setup for the everyday working-man, their weekly schedule surely doesn't accommodate working-man hours. Aside from that, they are worth checking out in my opinion. That is if you can beat the closing bell.

Oceanbob
02-22-2012, 5:40 AM
This FFL bashing is getting very old on Calguns. If its not the ten day wait BS it's somthing else. I understand customer service in the gun biz is lacking at some shops, I get it, I do. But bashing gun shops will not help the situation. I also know how it is to want to vent and rant. It was not that long ago that I was the guy on the other side of the counter. It's not easy running a retail store, let alone a gun store. So please keep the bashing to a minimum. I bet if you call speak with Brandon he will make it right. He has a long good track record and I bet in the end you will be happy.

Rob

THIS^^^

Especially when they BASH the gunshop in the Headline. Then we read the story and:

1. No money was lost

2. He's angry because they couldn't help him

3. Then we realize that the OP has only 5 posts and just joined. Obviously to bash the gun store.

4. Then we realize the other people that jumped on also just joined and only have 4 or 5 posts.

Makes me wonder what's going on......:eek:

I think these sort of GUN STORE BASHING posts should have to be approved by a Moderator before being posted.

JMO

Bob

dan12580
02-22-2012, 6:33 AM
I agree with the points bob made but my one experience with wild bills was sub par. I went there with a buddy who was wanting to do a ppt. He said he couldnt get anyone on the phone so he wanted to go there. I had never been. My buddy asked about coming back the next day for a ppt and was bluntly and matter of factly told "well be busy then. Youll have to wait a couple of hours." Then it was hinted that he should try elsewhere for the ppt. I was a little surprised that he was being told 18 hrs in advance that they were too busy. He had planned on being there when they opened so i dont need anyone
explaining that places get busy at certain times. Ive been to enough gun stores and have bought enough guns to know that this was not a good way of doing business. The old saying goes- you only get one chance at a first impression. I do find it comical/dumb when you have someone claim xxxxxx is the worst place ever because their one dealing diddnt go well. I wont make comments to that effect but i will say that i do not plan on going out of my way to get to wild bills.

drkphibr
02-22-2012, 8:16 AM
I've had good and less than good at every single shop I've ever been in. Depends on who is behind the counter, how busy they are, maybe they've had a bad day (us customers aren't always the most friendly or easiest to deal with either), so I just shrug it off.

What I found that works best it to take control of the interaction. Don't wait around to be helped if help is what you need (PPT, sale, etc.) vs. just eye shopping and looking at the candy. I've also found that once you done business with a shop (more than just cleaning supplies), they "know" you and the interaction level is quite different. If they are having a bad day, so be it as well all have them.

ColtCalifornian
02-23-2012, 6:22 PM
This will be a brief address of all the negative comments regarding the titling and overall content of the thread:

Just for clarification, I joined a few days prior at the recommendation of a local FFL who DOES know how to treat his customers. The reason I joined had NOTHING to do with wanting to bash a store with bad service. Attempting to say anything about the legitimacy of the claim I've made based on how many posts I have is ignorant. The fact is, the guy I spoke with was rude as hell. I didn't speak to the owner and may have had a different experience if I had done so.

However, that doesn't change the policy of this store which is the main issue I take with them. It wasn't a matter of ordering a gun and having a problem with the price or receiving it. It was a matter of service. The man answering the phone had a sarcastic tone with me the minute I requested that they import the gun from Florida–for a fee mind you–rather than buy their own overpriced model. I HAD ALREADY PURCHASED THE PISTOL. I was not trying to special order. Yet, he tells me that because they stock the pistol I bought, they would not bring it in for me and perform an SSE, per the owner's policy. I respected the policy, but asked a few questions as to why. He said, "What sense does that make? It would be stupid to do that." How would it be stupid to help a potential customer? Disrespectful & ignorant about how customer loyalty works.

Had he been respectful about it, I would not have been inclined to write poorly about my experience. Had I been able to follow through with the transfer, I actually would have written a gleaming review about them as I plan to do for Valkyrie Arms in the next few days. It was the lack of service, coupled with a disrespectful tone that led to this, nothing more and nothing less.

Some people may have had good experiences with that store and that is great for them. However, it does not change my experience. For the more senior members to come on here insinuating that my post is illegitimate is discouraging. This forum SHOULD be a venue for bad experiences as well as good ones. To say that the bad experiences should be censored is stupid as well. A potential customer should have a means of reading about ALL experiences people have had with the store, not just the good ones.

As for the post from Sacramento Black Rifle, I understand it's hard owning a gun store in Sacramento, or in CA in general for that matter. However, creating a customer base by forcing them to buy your product is essentially attempting to create a monopoly on price setting for off-list items. It's not a good way to do business and creates ZERO customer loyalty. I check with my local FFL first and always because he's kept it respectful, matches online prices to the best of his ability, and when he can't do something or doesn't stock something, he finds out who can do it or does stock it. That's the kind of service that will always keep my loyalty, not someone telling me over the phone that my ideas are stupid in between the multiple times he put me on hold for over five minutes. I've heard great things about you guys from multiple friends in the area, but I hope you don't ever go to the owner of Wild Bill's for business advice.

That is all.

Nor*Cal
02-23-2012, 6:35 PM
I think what rubs some people the wrong way is the title of the thread. Instead of saying "Don't go through...." it might have been better received if titled "My experience with...." or "My bad experience with...".

Just some feedback. Good luck with the SSE and your new handgun.

MyGlock17
02-23-2012, 6:43 PM
You do realize that posting bad stuff about a shop like this will just hurt their business...These people have a family to feed and a mortgage to pay...Not every customer service is perfect...

ColtCalifornian
02-23-2012, 6:43 PM
I think what rubs some people the wrong way is the title of the thread. Instead of saying "Don't go through...." it might have been better received if titled "My experience with...." or "My bad experience with...".

Just some feedback. Good luck with the SSE and your new handgun.

I can see what you mean. Thank you for the feedback. I'll be sure to list it as "my bad experience with" from here on out. Clearly though, I'm not the only one who has had problems with them. I've got nothing against the owner, as I'm sure he is a nice guy, but the people running his store clearly need to work on their attitude & domain knowledge.

ColtCalifornian
02-23-2012, 6:49 PM
You do realize that posting bad stuff about a shop like this will just hurt their business...These people have a family to feed and a mortgage to pay...Not every customer service is perfect...

You'd figure in this economy, a business would be more compliant with customer needs. I wasn't asking them to do the transfer for free. To have a policy against doing it at all when you're perfectly capable isn't oriented toward the customer. It's oriented toward making the most money you can off people in the same situation as you, just trying to make a living.

jessegpresley
02-23-2012, 6:53 PM
How old are you, ColtCalifornian?

L84CABO
02-23-2012, 9:23 PM
If I turned your statement around: "I've always held our community in high regard, but it seems the buyers in CA are beginning more and more to be less concerned with supporting their local dealers and more concerned with saving every dollar out of purchases that they can."

-- Michael

Um...have you looked outside and seen what the economy is doing? I do try to support my local businesses whenever I can. But in this economy I find myself looking a lot harder at pricing than I have in the past. It's tough all over. Not just for the local retail shops.

elSquid
02-23-2012, 10:32 PM
Um...have you looked outside and seen what the economy is doing? I do try to support my local businesses whenever I can. But in this economy I find myself looking a lot harder at pricing than I have in the past. It's tough all over. Not just for the local retail shops.

I think you misunderstood - I'm not making that argument. I'm simply spinning the OPs words from a different viewpoint.

I buy guns online, as well from local dealers. It just depends.

That said, I can see why a stocking dealer would have a rule in place that they don't handle transfers for guns in inventory. It may be disappointing for somebody who is looking for a transfer for a pistol that they've already purchased...but they should have had a transfer FFL selected and confirmed before buying. It's not the dealers fault that the OP didn't do this. : shrug :

-- Michael

wuhungsix
02-23-2012, 10:36 PM
Went there on a Saturday and they had a sign up that said "no private party transfers today"
Correct me if I'm wrong but they can't do that right?

Munk
02-23-2012, 11:07 PM
Went there on a Saturday and they had a sign up that said "no private party transfers today"
Correct me if I'm wrong but they can't do that right?

I was just corrected on this. If they refuse a written request to perform a PPT it's a misdemeanor for them.

If they sell any guns, they have to do longgun PPTs. If they sell handguns they must do handgun PPTs as well. If they wish to get out of the business of handgun PPTs, they must give up selling handguns.

wuhungsix
02-23-2012, 11:16 PM
Written request? I walked in and asked if their sign was for real. They said "yes". I walked out and drove to RCGE with my fellow calgunner who had driven in from out of town.

NytWolf
02-23-2012, 11:21 PM
This will be a brief address of all the negative comments regarding the titling and overall content of the thread:

Just for clarification, I joined a few days prior at the recommendation of a local FFL who DOES know how to treat his customers. The reason I joined had NOTHING to do with wanting to bash a store with bad service. Attempting to say anything about the legitimacy of the claim I've made based on how many posts I have is ignorant. The fact is, the guy I spoke with was rude as hell. I didn't speak to the owner and may have had a different experience if I had done so.

However, that doesn't change the policy of this store which is the main issue I take with them. It wasn't a matter of ordering a gun and having a problem with the price or receiving it. It was a matter of service. The man answering the phone had a sarcastic tone with me the minute I requested that they import the gun from Florida–for a fee mind you–rather than buy their own overpriced model. I HAD ALREADY PURCHASED THE PISTOL. I was not trying to special order. Yet, he tells me that because they stock the pistol I bought, they would not bring it in for me and perform an SSE, per the owner's policy. I respected the policy, but asked a few questions as to why. He said, "What sense does that make? It would be stupid to do that." How would it be stupid to help a potential customer? Disrespectful & ignorant about how customer loyalty works.

Had he been respectful about it, I would not have been inclined to write poorly about my experience. Had I been able to follow through with the transfer, I actually would have written a gleaming review about them as I plan to do for Valkyrie Arms in the next few days. It was the lack of service, coupled with a disrespectful tone that led to this, nothing more and nothing less.

Some people may have had good experiences with that store and that is great for them. However, it does not change my experience. For the more senior members to come on here insinuating that my post is illegitimate is discouraging. This forum SHOULD be a venue for bad experiences as well as good ones. To say that the bad experiences should be censored is stupid as well. A potential customer should have a means of reading about ALL experiences people have had with the store, not just the good ones.

As for the post from Sacramento Black Rifle, I understand it's hard owning a gun store in Sacramento, or in CA in general for that matter. However, creating a customer base by forcing them to buy your product is essentially attempting to create a monopoly on price setting for off-list items. It's not a good way to do business and creates ZERO customer loyalty. I check with my local FFL first and always because he's kept it respectful, matches online prices to the best of his ability, and when he can't do something or doesn't stock something, he finds out who can do it or does stock it. That's the kind of service that will always keep my loyalty, not someone telling me over the phone that my ideas are stupid in between the multiple times he put me on hold for over five minutes. I've heard great things about you guys from multiple friends in the area, but I hope you don't ever go to the owner of Wild Bill's for business advice.

That is all.

What gun were you trying to SSE?

First, my opinion is sarcasm is a matter of perception. Whether he meant sarcasm is another story, but perhaps you took his tone the wrong way. I'm just saying.

Also, it is not just Wild Bill's policy. I have talked to other shops in the Sacramento area (Elkhorn Bait and Tackle (when they still sold guns), River City, and Wild Sports) about acting as a receiving FFL for an Internet purchase. They all pretty much told me the same thing -- it's going to be cheaper overall to purchase the gun through them because they already had it in stock. Again, their policy.

Lastly, I'm sure if you truly respected their policy, we wouldn't be posting about this, would we? Just out of context, I'm sure you said something to provoke his "attitude". I know some of the guys there are pretty stern in their demeanor, but it's not because they don't want to help you. You just took it the wrong way.

ColtCalifornian
02-23-2012, 11:22 PM
I was just corrected on this. If they refuse a written request to perform a PPT it's a misdemeanor for them.

If they sell any guns, they have to do longgun PPTs. If they sell handguns they must do handgun PPTs as well. If they wish to get out of the business of handgun PPTs, they must give up selling handguns.

Shouldn't this apply in some form to transfers between states? As a federally licensed firearms dealer, they are supposed to serve as our intermediary for interstate commerce when dealing with firearms. Shouldn't it then be a misdemeanor as well to deny a transfer from another FFL if the firearm has already been purchased by the buyer? I'm not savvy on any laws regarding interstate commerce relevant to an FFL, so if anyone has the answer to this, please let me know.

ColtCalifornian
02-23-2012, 11:40 PM
What gun were you trying to SSE?

First, my opinion is sarcasm is a matter of perception. Whether he meant sarcasm is another story, but perhaps you took his tone the wrong way. I'm just saying.

Also, it is not just Wild Bill's policy. I have talked to other shops in the Sacramento area (Elkhorn Bait and Tackle (when they still sold guns), River City, and Wild Sports) about acting as a receiving FFL for an Internet purchase. They all pretty much told me the same thing -- it's going to be cheaper overall to purchase the gun through them because they already had it in stock. Again, their policy.

Lastly, I'm sure if you truly respected their policy, we wouldn't be posting about this, would we? Just out of context, I'm sure you said something to provoke his "attitude". I know some of the guys there are pretty stern in their demeanor, but it's not because they don't want to help you. You just took it the wrong way.

I was attempting to SSE a Colt 1911 Rail Gun. I've since taken my business to Valkyrie Arms in Milpitas. The drive will be worth the difference in the way I've been treated. And sarcasm may be a matter of perception, but I didn't list my entire conversation with the guy. It was very apparent he was uninformed on certain things, and definitely had a holier-than-thou attitude. I'm not the easiest guy to get riled up, but when I'm overly-respectful to someone over the phone and they still treat me with none, it boils my blood as I'm sure it would do to anyone. Secondly, respecting a policy doesn't mean agreeing with it. It also doesn't mean keeping silent about the disagreement. It simply means not arguing the policy. However, asking questions as to the reasoning should have netted me a respectful response, not the insinuation that I was stupid for asking. Lastly, any dealer that tells you they're selling the gun in store for cheaper is probably going to be able to sell you a bridge in Brooklyn as well if you believe them. I paid $1150 after shipping for my Colt 1911 Rail Gun in blackened S/S. Add $125 for transfer fees, SSE/DROS, and $94 for CA sales tax. That's $1369 out the door through Valkyrie Arms. Wild Bill's wanted $1399 for the same piece before sales tax or DROS. I rest my case.

leadstorm
02-24-2012, 12:01 AM
I love guns, and I buy tons.

After dealing with a bunch of them repeatedly, however, I loathe most gun shops and roll my eyes after dealing with most gun shop employees. There is exactly one exception so far in my world (and the owner is the only worker there).

YMMV.

Midtown Gunner
02-24-2012, 12:13 AM
Wild Bill's is a bit quirky. So is RCGE. Most gun shops are.

That's why I like 'em.

keenkeen
02-24-2012, 10:53 AM
Shouldn't this apply in some form to transfers between states? As a federally licensed firearms dealer, they are supposed to serve as our intermediary for interstate commerce when dealing with firearms. Shouldn't it then be a misdemeanor as well to deny a transfer from another FFL if the firearm has already been purchased by the buyer? I'm not savvy on any laws regarding interstate commerce relevant to an FFL, so if anyone has the answer to this, please let me know.

Back on topic...

The rule on PPT transfers is for PPT transfers. Not out of state transactions.

They can agree or refuse out of state transfers as they wish and can set any pricing they want for doing those transfers.

Just find an FFL with a more business savvy approach and don't waste your time on the ones with bad service or stupid policies.

jessegpresley
02-24-2012, 2:09 PM
Why is it when someone gets butthurt about their experience at a gun store, they're always under 30?

Cyphre
02-24-2012, 2:32 PM
Why is it when someone gets butthurt about their experience at a gun store, they're always under 30?

Because everyone over 30 is still too new at this whole interwebz thing. :oji:

Sacramento Black Rifle
02-24-2012, 2:33 PM
:beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::b eatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5::bea tdeadhorse5::beatdeadhorse5:

LikeAllGuns
02-24-2012, 2:56 PM

Rob

I have been to your gun store several times and have recieved great service and your prices are competitive. So its easy for to stand up for gun stores you run your store very well.

But this is not the case with other gun stores and they have lost my business to yours. That how it works if they ran a good FFL then it would not be bashed.

LikeAllGuns
02-24-2012, 2:57 PM
Oh my beef with some CA FFL's is 11 day wait because they can't tell the time !

cabinetguy
02-24-2012, 3:04 PM
Gun store customer service is for the most part like a unicorn, it does not exist. Of course they will try to sell you things, it is a store. If you dont like the customer service, go somewhere else, it is your choice, if you think they are forcing a sale and you can get it cheaper, get it cheaper, or realize there is an overhead component to any buisness and there is a benefit to keeping money local.
years ago I worked at a scuba diving shop, there was a bigger shop in town (before the whole internet shopping) that could out price us anyday due to order volume. People still bought from us since we were local, and had good customer service, it made it worth the added cost. that was when gas was around a buck a gallon.

bwiese
02-24-2012, 3:09 PM
There's lotsa pros/cons on such situations...

... Asshat customer orders nonRostered handgun for delivery to FFL
without warning the FFL. FFL doesn't have parts for that type of gun
for such conversion and gets irrationally mad. SSE work is unique &
gun-architecture dependent. Sure, lotsa people can handle 1911s
and Gen4 Glocks, but the dude that wants a rara avis Steyr PDQ or whatever is gonna have to likely buy a spare barrel, since the dealer
will never SSE one of those again.

Andy Taylor
02-24-2012, 9:07 PM
Oh my beef with some CA FFL's is 11 day wait because they can't tell the time !

This is not usually because the shop can't tell time, but because they get tired of having customers who can't tell time and then want to argue about it.

LikeAllGuns
02-24-2012, 11:05 PM
This is not usually because the shop can't tell time, but because they get tired of having customers who can't tell time and then want to argue about it.

Ok then make it very clear to those who can't tell time. Just like they make it clear I have to wait another day and I can not argue. All those intials in the boxs.

bigdrunk92037
02-25-2012, 8:15 AM
:eek: Supply and demand..... I guess?

Wild Bill's wanted $1399 for the same piece before sales tax or DROS. I rest my case.