PDA

View Full Version : do these walmarts sell ammo

sparrow
02-21-2012, 2:09 AM
Hey everyone long time lurker with a question for anyone in the Sonora California region. Do you know if the Wal-Martís in Sonora (off 108) or Oakdale (off 120) sell ammo and cleaning supplies. If so are the prices lower and selection better then big 5. The 120/108 corridor is one of my main routes to most of my recreational spots and the Wal-Martís in my county donít sell ammo anymore so Iím looking to save cash and buy ammo on the way.
Thanks in advance

Zartan
02-21-2012, 5:46 AM
Dude.....call the stores :facepalm:

Ezekiel2000
02-21-2012, 6:30 AM
Yes they sell ammo and for a better price than Big5.
In our area it's just the Walmarts in Contra Costa and Alameda counties that don't sell ammo. You're talking the foothills though...and those areas are good to go!

CS25
02-21-2012, 7:46 AM
call them. they normally sell ammo pretty cheap

sparrow
02-21-2012, 10:41 AM
Yes they sell ammo and for a better price than Big5.
In our area it's just the Walmarts in Contra Costa and Alameda counties that don't sell ammo. You're talking the foothills though...and those areas are good to go!

Thanks for the reply Ezekiel, I was fairly sure it was just those counties. As for calling the stores I was also curious about price difference and selection, something that a regular customer could shed some light on.

repubconserv
02-21-2012, 10:52 AM
Dude.....call the stores :facepalm:

I have tried calling wal-mart to check ammo availability and prices. Here's how it went

"you guys have any 22lr CCI minimags in stock? How much?"

"Yeah, um...... we dont have CCI, but we have a box of Federal, 100 .22 for 40 bucks"

"Uh, I think you are looking at federal .223, I want 22 lr"

"Its the same thing, the federal is just higher quality"

Five minutes of explaining 22 vs 223 difference and he finds what I want...

OP is going to find better info here with less headache