PDA

View Full Version : Truglo TFO night sights

MyGlock17
02-20-2012, 7:44 PM
Looking to buy some Truglo TFO night sights for my Glock..Anyone have any experience with this particular brand?

PandaLuv
02-20-2012, 7:49 PM
I had them on my old p226. Man, were they bright or what, sight picture was pretty good and sight acquisition was pretty quick too. Many glock guys love them for the look and brightness, even during the day light, they were bright as heck.

I hated them though because they looked very cheap and ugly, but on glocks they actually look very cool because of the glock's flat slide top design. I highly recommened it ! Dont put that **** on sigs though!

MyGlock17
02-20-2012, 7:54 PM
I had them on my old p226. Man, were they bright or what, sight picture was pretty good and sight acquisition was pretty quick too. Many glock guys love them for the look and brightness, even during the day light, they were bright as heck.

I hated them though because they looked very cheap and ugly, but on glocks they actually look very cool because of the glock's flat slide top design. I highly recommened it ! Dont put that **** on sigs though!

yeah i agree with you it looks cool on Glocks...Also i love how bright they are during the day time...I guess i'll try it out and see what happens lol...

PandaLuv
02-20-2012, 8:03 PM
They are solid, and low profile. I think you will like it.

Oceanbob
02-20-2012, 8:26 PM
I use them on several of my guns. See how they glow with just an overhead light in my den.

They glow day and night. Really helps my eyes out...:cool2:

I installed them myself with a sight pusher.. Not hard at all.

http://i56.tinypic.com/jfw13o.jpg

MyGlock17
02-20-2012, 8:27 PM
I use them on several of my guns. See how they glow with just an overhead light in my den.

those look awesome!..nice glocks!..yeah i have to try them out how long have you had them on?

El Gato
02-20-2012, 8:28 PM
got 'em on a bunch of guns...

last time I counted it was 7 then i sold one...

then put 'em on the wife's M&P 40 compact...

so..about 7 guns I think...got a pair on one of my carry guns... a glock 20 10mm... shoots about 2 in high at 50 yards...no sweatski...

love 'em...
the wife was pissed when I put 24/7 sights on her mini XD instead of the tru-glo....

still hasn't gotten over it... I've got to find anothe set and install them...

USMC 82-86
02-20-2012, 8:49 PM
Have them on G19 and they are very nice. They pop in daylight and in a dark room. Happy with mine.

Grumpyoldretiredcop
02-20-2012, 9:30 PM
I use 'em on both of my competition Glocks. The large bright dots work very well for me in daylight and they're useable night sights, hard to beat that combo.

dy1103
02-20-2012, 11:50 PM
im picking up a set as well for my glock22! Ive done a lot of research online and glock peoples love them. Cant wait to have them on!

dy1103
02-20-2012, 11:52 PM

Wow, you sure like to have FDE's on your frames. I see like 5 of them on that picture alone! If I may ask, where do you get your work done? Duracoat or cerakoke? Thanks!

Oceanbob
02-21-2012, 4:32 AM
Wow, you sure like to have FDE's on your frames. I see like 5 of them on that picture alone! If I may ask, where do you get your work done? Duracoat or cerakoke? Thanks!

Thanks....The answer is neither. My glock frames came from the glock factory that way. They call it OD.. for Olive Drab. Not a paint but cast polymer. Glock discontinued OD frames more than a year ago. (summer before last?)

I collect Glocks in Olive Drab and have 13 of them.

Be well, Bob

http://i54.tinypic.com/1expaq.jpg

cwin
02-21-2012, 7:53 AM

I agree 100%. I do prefer Meprolights or Trijicon though.

ELIXIR
02-21-2012, 8:33 AM
I have some of those truglo's tfo's on my G19 OD Green and it looks sexy!! Love the look, how bright they are in daylight and especially night time. They might look ugly in other firearms but not on the Glocks!!

Sacramento Black Rifle
02-21-2012, 8:58 AM
Try SBR about $90

Sacramento Black Rifle
02-21-2012, 8:59 AM
Try SBR about $90 installed

himurax13
02-21-2012, 4:07 PM
They also don't look good installed on Glock 34 or 35's :(.

WW2Buff
02-21-2012, 5:05 PM
I had a pair on my G17 when I used it for IDPA and three gun. They worked well and I liked them but theywere kind of sharp.

stormvet
02-21-2012, 7:36 PM
They also don't look good installed on Glock 34 or 35's :(.

True, they will be about a 1/4" over the slide cut out. Most likely will not affect the sight, but will look a little odd.

I have a them on a XDm .40 they are as advertised. I would like a set for my FNP-45 but so far they dont make them for it.

As for Glocks I have the Truglo tritium only sights on a 27, they are bigger and brighter (a little) then the trijicon on my 19 but not as sharp (clearness of the dot).

Freq18Hz
02-21-2012, 11:48 PM
I had them on a p226. IMHO, over rated and cheap. Poor in tranisitonal lighting. Stick with Trijicon or meprolight.

-Freq