PDA

View Full Version : Rising Number of Women Arming Themselves

HowardW56
02-20-2012, 4:31 PM
Rising Number of Women Arming Themselves

Firearm Classes, Stores See Increase in Women Customers

Erin Briscoe - 23ABC Southwest Reporter / Anchor

BAKERSFIELD, Calif. -- Debbie Potaczala is a straight shooter when it comes to her safety.

"I just want to be a little extra protected, I think women need to know it's OK to make yourself feel safe, and if that is owning a gun and learning how to use it correctly then that's what it should be," said Potaczala.
Potaczala grew up around guns but said she signed up for a women's firearm class at Old Boy Outdoors to learn how to use one.

Potaczala is part of a growing trend. According to an annual Gallup Crime Survey from October, 23 percent of women reported owning a gun. That is up 13 percent from 2005.

MORE HERE (http://www.turnto23.com/news/30502530/detail.html)

Connor P Price
02-20-2012, 4:36 PM
Winning!

BigDogatPlay
02-20-2012, 4:39 PM
^^^^
This.

I'm seeing more and more women each weekend shooting clays at my club. Anecdotal, yes. But it's still winning. Seeing lots more kids coming out too and our juniors program grew from five kids last year to about a dozen this year.

HowardW56
02-20-2012, 6:44 PM
Winning!

That's how I see it!

w55
02-20-2012, 6:54 PM
My 60's era Aunt just got her concealed permit. never figured that to happen.

j411701
02-21-2012, 8:34 AM
^^^^
This.

I'm seeing more and more women each weekend shooting clays at my club. Anecdotal, yes. But it's still winning. Seeing lots more kids coming out too and our juniors program grew from five kids last year to about a dozen this year.

I'm seeing the same thing also. We had close to 40 kids at our last junior shoot and our WOT Clinic's fill up quick.
The NRA Foundation has a grant program more info can be found here
http://www.nrafoundation.org/
Winning!

Jerry1949
02-22-2012, 7:01 AM
I've been teaching CCW in Fresno, Kings, Tulare and Madera counties for the last 6 years or so and in the past year the ratio of female to male students has jumped 50% for the ladies. Two weeks ago I had "LADIES ONLY" class and filled it up in 4-5 days of advertising it. This is great news on several fronts as far as I'm concerned.

Droc101
02-22-2012, 8:19 AM
We have seen this in my Dad's shop as well. :)