PDA

View Full Version : Possible Purchase?

Bearakracy
02-20-2012, 3:33 PM
First and foremost I appreciate the site and the education to be obtained from such a forum as this, although I do not post its really more due to my lack of knowledge to answer questions and not an inability to participate, which im working on. Anyhow I finally made my first handgun purchase about a week ago, a XD9. The pistol I originally wanted was a the Walther P99 AS (9mm) which seems to be hard to find in our state at the moment, well I've been lurking here and there in the marketplace as well as some auctions sites and I ran across this:http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=274607279.

My question is this, though the seller does not state magazine capacity, is this something that could prevent a purchase? All 48 contiguous states can be shipped to according to the ad. Im still fairly new to procedures and I've already emailed the seller I just wanted to ask the forum if anyone sees anything about the bid that would cause me any issues and your thoughts on the pistol itself before I place an actual bid. Thank you for you time and information this forum walked me through the whole process from choosing my pistol to the ranged im about to go to so I am thankful, if any forum rules were broken in the post please let me know.

Sunday
02-20-2012, 3:41 PM
There are 10 round mags available on line at a fair price. I have a S@W 99 they are nice guns, though you can't beat the XDs IMO

Bearakracy
02-20-2012, 3:50 PM
There are 10 round mags available on line at a fair price. I have a S@W 99 they are nice guns, though you can't beat the XDs IMO

yes that is an option, im just concerned if they may say i cant bid if it comes with a higher than 10 round mag or something like that. yeah i should have gotten the AS when i first seen them last year but i still didnt understand the process if i would have known how moderate the handgun process was would have done it then. I see P9's in 40 frequently but i figured to get a 99mm first though not because of handling issues but i wanted to teach family members as i learn as well so i figured go 9mm first. I can afford 40 but why you know?

morrcarr67
02-20-2012, 4:40 PM
yes that is an option, im just concerned if they may say i cant bid if it comes with a higher than 10 round mag or something like that. yeah i should have gotten the AS when i first seen them last year but i still didnt understand the process if i would have known how moderate the handgun process was would have done it then. I see P9's in 40 frequently but i figured to get a 99mm first though not because of handling issues but i wanted to teach family members as i learn as well so i figured go 9mm first. I can afford 40 but why you know?

They could tell you that you can't bid on it for any number of reasons. If they are a dealer ask them if you win if they will trade out the magazine for a 10 rounder if needed. Or, ask them if you win that they take $20 off your bid and ship the gun without a magazine and then you can go buy your own 10 rounder.

Also, you should not link to an auction that you would like to try and win. What if someone else here as been looking for one of these too. Now you just told him where to go and get it. :rolleyes:

Bearakracy
02-20-2012, 5:04 PM
They could tell you that you can't bid on it for any number of reasons. If they are a dealer ask them if you win if they will trade out the magazine for a 10 rounder if needed. Or, ask them if you win that they take $20 off your bid and ship the gun without a magazine and then you can go buy your own 10 rounder.

Also, you should not link to an auction that you would like to try and win. What if someone else here as been looking for one of these too. Now you just told him where to go and get it. :rolleyes:

Oh okay that sounds reasonable. Im not worried about sharing the link id rather have verification by those more informed than myself, then to be in some unfortunate situation plus they still would have to outbid me. I still have a few other models im considering this one is just higher on the list. Think of it as my first chance to share info.