View Full Version : Nevada CCW Course

Prospector
04-02-2007, 7:28 AM
Join me for a day of ccw. Course is held on April 14 at the following location:
Emmalee's Guns and Emporium
1171 Janet Lane
Pahrump, Nevada 89060
(775) 727-5596

They are only open on weekend if you want to get in. Otherwise will have to leave a message.
If I remember correctly what the lady said was the course fee was 65 plus the application fee 105.

Cpl_Peters
04-02-2007, 2:38 PM
Nevada issues non resident CCW?

MrTuffPaws
04-02-2007, 2:41 PM
Nevada issues non resident CCW?

Yes, but if I recall correctly, they are only good in NV.

Bill_in_SD
04-02-2007, 3:31 PM
14 other states honor the Nevada CCW permit. (packing.org)

I think the winning combination for a while has been Florida + Utah. (32 states)

Many people add Nevada, because Nevada does *not* honor other state's permits.

(This is all according to packing.org)

Bill in SD

Cpl_Peters
04-03-2007, 6:34 AM
OK, is there live fire involved or is it just classroom time like a utah class? I am interested. If I can't get in touch with them how will i know if i got a slot? I don't want to drive out to NV for nothing.

JimAmentler
04-03-2007, 6:36 AM
OK, is there live fire involved or is it just classroom time like a utah class? I am interested. If I can't get in touch with them how will i know if i got a slot? I don't want to drive out to NV for nothing.

Morning Devil Dog! Yes, there is a live fire component to the NV CCW class. Not sure on your other question though. I'm sure that someone will jump in for that one.

Cpl_Peters
04-03-2007, 6:49 AM
Can it be an out of state class, can it be taught in CA? Maybe you should start teaching this one too Doc! Nevada is one of my "Big 3" that I travel to. The others being Arizona and Indiana (and later maybe Utah if I transfer to Chalie Co., which is looking doubtful at the moment....who knew it would be so hard to volunteer for a deployment to Iraq?) which will be covered with the Utah permit once it arrives.

Cpl_Peters
04-03-2007, 1:21 PM
If you're applying with Nye County (which is where Pahrump is) you have to go back and pick the permit up in person. Just FYI.

sounds like a perfect excuse for a return trip to vegas :D

Prospector
04-06-2007, 8:30 AM
Anyone?

TacFan
04-06-2007, 9:14 AM
I may be interested. Just curious, why did you pick this particular place ?

Prospector
04-06-2007, 10:15 AM
I may be interested. Just curious, why did you pick this particular place ?

No firearm registration.
It was on the county approved training list.
Driving distance is not a problem.
If I had more time I would have gone to reno.