PDA

View Full Version : Vltor stripped upper

TStewartFan
02-20-2012, 10:08 AM
My dad decided to play catch up and bought an AR-15, after building his lower, he bought a GG&G completed upper for $750 and that was w/the BCG and charging handle and his upper doesn't look bad for the price.

As I get ready for my 2nd build I look at the Vltor Mur upper that I have on my first and wonder, "was it worth the price?" I was told by a gunsmith at work that this was they part to have for my upper build. I know Vltor says that it is build with "Extra Metal For Superb Strength & Rigidity", but does it really make a difference?

I did enjoy picking my parts as I did my build, but I know that there are other stripped uppers to be had for less, and some for more. The Black Rain Ordnance one sells for $269 and doesn't even have a forward assist installed.

Anyone that has experience with both the Vltor and other brands of uppers, pleae let me know what your thoughts are.

Thanks,
C2

h0use
02-20-2012, 9:16 PM
i would also like to know if its worth the price. was thinking of build an upper using mur as well.

shamu415
02-20-2012, 10:38 PM
The mur upper is more beefier and usually used on high quality brands like noveske. If you want the best accuracy and the least flex, the mur is a great upper for a precision build. Although any upper from yhm, stag, RRA, etc will suffice for a regular build. My .02 cents