PDA

View Full Version : Sweet gunsamerica blog

MadMax
02-20-2012, 7:52 AM
Just saw this this morning hope it is not a dupe.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/selling-a-gun-to-californa-buyer-gun-laws/

Really cool and hopefully it will encourage more people to ship to cali, it even mentions single shot exemption and of course off list lowers.

emcon5
02-20-2012, 8:15 AM
Good article, I was fairly optimistic until I saw the comments.

Evidently some people can't read.

bcj128
02-20-2012, 8:22 AM
Thanks guys. It's my article. Just wish the comments were less pissed at us here in Cali. I'm trying guys... However the manure pile our states lawmakers have made is high.

I wish we could create a conservative / pro 2nd Amendment move to Cali program. Beat the antis by outnumbering them.

deadshot
02-20-2012, 8:23 AM
http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/selling-a-gun-to-californa-buyer-gun-laws/#comment-6665
This is a great article on a subject that has always been a sore spot for me.
Send it to your out of state friends.
CB

Librarian
02-20-2012, 8:36 AM
Interesting article - makes the point that selling into CA can be a good idea, and the comments attract many of the CA-bashers.

Oh, well.

Below.Zero
02-20-2012, 8:41 AM
http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/selling-a-gun-to-californa-buyer-gun-laws/#comment-6665
This is a great article on a subject that has always been a sore spot for me.
Send it to your out of state friends.
CB

:thumbsup: nice job, interesting read.

rudigan
02-20-2012, 8:54 AM
Thanks guys. It's my article. Just wish the comments were less pissed at us here in Cali. I'm trying guys... However the manure pile our states lawmakers have made is high.

I wish we could create a conservative / pro 2nd Amendment move to Cali program. Beat the antis by outnumbering them.

Thank you. Great write.

MadMax
02-20-2012, 9:02 AM
Yea whats up with the single action exemption guy, the correct law is in plain english right above your post!

I will never understand gunnies getting in other gunnies ways:-(

To bcj128 thank you for letting people on gunsamerica know that there are tons of legal sales to be made to california and that it is not that hard to do.

Ubermcoupe
02-20-2012, 9:19 AM
Brian,

Thanks for taking the time to write this piece and encouraging those out of state to support the 2nd in CA.

I am sad to see some (and growing) numbers of negative posts and refusals to sell based on ideologies. :(

If you haven’t, I encourage you (fellow CAs) to help turn the tide by posting your take on the subject(s):thumbsup:

BigDogatPlay
02-20-2012, 9:21 AM
A really well written piece, thanks for sharing it.

I note that you covered SSE, but I didn't see the single action exemption noted. One of the comments called out yet another level of confusion in mixing SSE with single action. Naturally he thinks it "sketchy" and thinks we're manufacturing when we make the gun whole. Oh well. I'll just have to have someone else import classic S&W revolvers when I buy them out of state.

California's laws have made the playing field what it is, but it's hard to fix ignorance on the part of the California haters.

ETA: I just left a comment on that thread under the name Frank. No doubt it will stir the hornet's nest of haters yet again.

livefire
02-20-2012, 10:15 AM
Thanks! This is coming to a State near you! If you choose to give up the battlefield you loose! Simpletons! I wrote a reply on the blog encouraging others to not make the mistake of not supporting us Then I scrolled up to see this...

FAIL!

"Ernie February 20, 2012 at 12:57 pm

I lived in Cali starting in 1971 and left in 2006. I saw the liberal nuts take away our rights slowly until it was just too much for me to stand anymore. I left for a more gun friendly state and I didn’t have to go far, I now live in Nevada and feel I can breathe again and fully enjoy my 2nd amendment rights. I can now carry open or concealed. I have had my CCW permit for 6 years and I carry all the time. I own hi-cap mags and rifles with all the “bad” attributes. I don’t have an AK or an AR but, I do have an SKS with a Tapco stock which has a pistol grip and a adjustable stock, same for my Ruger Mini-14 and my 10/22. Like the saying goes, “If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!” My advice is leave Cali for a more gun friendly better place, and they are plenty to choose from. The liberals who control Cali will keep introducing more and more restrictive legislation until you won’t be able to own any form of firearm, long gun, shotgun or handgun. Crime is on the rise as the state creates a state full of “sheep” for citizens and the criminal “wolves” find it easy pickings with no “sheepdogs” around to defend everyone. Just try to get a CCW permit in any big cities where crime is high and you will be refused. If you live in a rural county, you are more likely to get one but, crime just isn’t that high there, less people to commit against and they are more likely to be armed! I don’t see things getting better in Cali, just worse and that is most unfortunate. Just watch, if the National reciprocity bill passes the US Senate and it becomes law, Cali will become like Illinois and outlaw concealed carry, they will then revoke all CCW permits, they will prevent anyone from within or outside of Cali from being able to carry concealed there."

microwaveguy
02-20-2012, 12:30 PM
There will always be some that you just can't reach with logic and reason :facepalm:

ewarmour
02-20-2012, 1:10 PM

Thank you for writing that.

aklover_91
02-20-2012, 1:25 PM
I really don't get the attitude.

Yeah man, don't send guns into California. Dat'll show dem durdy gun grahben libruhl law makers, ahyuck.

darkwater
02-20-2012, 7:15 PM
Thought I also heard somewhere that Gunbroker and CRPA were working together to see if they could do more to educate out-of-state FFLs on behalf of CA gun buyers. I bet Gunbroker probably doesn't like to see the population of CA taken out of the bidding process if their fees are based on the final value of each sale.

Thanks for the article, Guns America!

diggersdarling
02-20-2012, 7:31 PM

You done good. Right on!

crackerman
02-20-2012, 7:40 PM

Good article but you are wrong on a few facts and I did not see any comments that addressed.

"Some guns, such as any .50 BMG weapon, regardless of configuration, are still Assault weapons, whether single shot, bolt action, or semi-auto"

the only .50BMG that is outlawed are rifles, plenty of ways to shoot 50s if you do M-2s or rail guns.

wildhawker
02-20-2012, 8:02 PM
Not to take away from the very positive net effect I think the article is potentially creating, but there are a few areas that I must note as misleading or outright bad advice.

1. "What People Can Own...The Certified Gun List"

The Roster and related law operates to ban new sales to non-exempt persons. It doesn't affect disposition and possession except to the extent that a purchase is precluded by it. FFLs can import non-Rostered handguns for sale to qualified buyers or conversion to a Roster-exempt disposition.

2. "Some guns, such as any .50 BMG weapon, regardless of configuration, are still Assault weapons, whether single shot, bolt action, or semi-auto."

The ban on .50 BMG rifles is not applicable to "any .50 BMG weapon" nor is the .50 BMG rifle ban the same as the assault weapons ban.

3. "So, if you are indeed sending an assault weapon to our fine state, it may very well be on the up and up."

If a person or agent is important an assault weapon, the recipient must be an FFL holding an AW permit from DOJ. Otherwise, someone is unlawfully importing an AW.

If a semiautomatic, centerfire rifle is not an AW, it is not an AW.

4. "If all Else Fails, Call the California DOJ"

Maybe the worst advice that can possibly be given (even for internet standards).

Contact CGF. Contact Cal-FFL. Contact CRPA. Contact anybody that isn't DOJ. Never, ever call DOJ and rely on anything you hear.

-Brandon

livefire
02-20-2012, 9:25 PM
Just saw this this morning hope it is not a dupe.

http://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/selling-a-gun-to-californa-buyer-gun-laws/

Really cool and hopefully it will encourage more people to ship to cali, it even mentions single shot exemption and of course off list lowers.

A 120 comments . WOW~ More Calgunners need to help inform the pompous unsympathetic free staters. I m just jealous.;)

deadshot
02-21-2012, 8:39 AM

Brian,
Great article. Thanks for taking the time and effort composing a article on a subject that is a sore spot for me and many others. It amazes me when dealers and private parties will not sell to CA. I have posted this subject on several forums and always get a heated response from those that agree and others that protest too much.
When ever I see a "No CA Sales" from dealer or private party selling a item I get upset because of their laziness and or ignorance. They usually hear from me when I respond to their ad and ask them why no CA sales. My usual response fro them is either "I am not familiar with CA laws therefore I will not sell to CA " or "It is too much of a hassle".
Excuse me for my french but it pisses me off when people who claim they support the Second Amendment are so apathetic.

speedrrracer
02-21-2012, 8:48 AM
Good article but you are wrong on a few facts and I did not see any comments that addressed.

"Some guns, such as any .50 BMG weapon, regardless of configuration, are still Assault weapons, whether single shot, bolt action, or semi-auto"

the only .50BMG that is outlawed are rifles, plenty of ways to shoot 50s if you do M-2s or rail guns.

Yes, and can't you also get a rifle chambered in .510 DTC? IIRC, that's the same as BMG except a coupla mm shorter?

Coyotegunner
02-21-2012, 9:14 AM
Thank you for that article trying to educate folks.Where I live in Calif.has been hard to buy certain guns.Local folks seem to feel if they don't have it,you don't need it.EX:Have you ever tried to find a Sako to buy?How about a Remington Sendero?Rare as hens teeth in these parts.A few years ago I got into Gunsamerica and Gunbroker.Once I got to know a couple FFLs in my area,the transactions became pretty well fluid.From time to time I have had the no sale to California thing.A couple of the out of state FFLs I was able to educate and buy the gun after all,with a big thank you from them,for enlightenment.This has spread into the private sale of firearms to me through my FFL guy as well.Seems to me these folks,especially in depressed areas would step it up and find a way to sale their stuff here,if legal.Like I told one guy,He is eliminating millions of potential customers.I run into the same mentality though when I visit family in Idaho.Seems we Californians are to blame for many other states problems.I guess I have been hearing that for over 40 years.

I ask one thing of you.Could you make sure the wholesalers get a copy of the article and pass it along to the FFLs that buy from them.I was thinking the NRA,but the source where they get their guns would be better.I am going to send it to everyone I know.Thank you again.

civilsnake
02-21-2012, 9:46 AM
I swear to God I'm going to pistol whip the next person who says "behind enemy lines"

:rofl:

heyjerr
02-22-2012, 12:42 PM
I loved the article.....and then I started reading the comments. They incensed me enough to devote a good portion of my morning to write the following response (still currently pending moderator approval)

I applaud Gunsamerica for this article. It’s a great start at explaining the predicament. Maybe in the future they could start a series covering some of the issues people would have to call in to CA DOJ for help with. Many people won’t do the legwork but just might read it if it’s served on a platter as nicely as this article was. Kudos.

Now, on to the commenters.

SDDutch’s statement “I am a gun owner and I am not a member of the NRA for one very specific reason. The NRA does not support all gun owners.” typifies what is wrong with the gun community. “If they don’t support my pet peeve then they are not deserving of my support (even though they’ve done so much already to ensure the rights I currently enjoy).” Millions of gunowners throughout the US, with the majority apparently in so-called “free” states, are keeping their money to themselves because they think they don’t have a dog in this fight. So you’ll only support them if they support you first. Typical. Too bad you can’t see beyond your own nose. That same kind of thinking is what divided gunowners over in the UK (oh, they don’t want to ban MY gun….well then I won’t get in the way) and look what that lead to (a foot in the door followed by a total ban).

We here in California who are oppressed by the liberal majority are asking the rest of the country to stop being so selfish and give a little support. Yes, it may involve more paperwork but the more who take on this challenge the better. Maybe the DOJ will tire from the paperwork alone. Like DCW, I can at least understand when someone says they won’t sell to us because it’s inconvenient or when they quote having too many bad experiences, like Bert (it is your business after all), but what I don’t understand is the utter ignorance and contempt some people here are showing for those of us who are victimized by these laws.

Drop the “K” from “Kalifornia, it’s ignorant and quit being funny about 5 minutes after the first million people used it. All it does is make the rulemakers feel confident that they won’t have to worry about being flanked by supporters from outside of the state.

Californians are fighting the hard fight that many of you enjoy no longer having to fight. Now you’re resting on your butts and pointing out how bad we have it here in CA (only in regards to politics in the metro areas, the weather and environment are still awesome and you’re just jealous). We only have so many conservatives in this state to affect change, but we’re simply outnumbered. I’m a native conservative independent Californian and a veteran. I have NEVER shirked my responsibilities by not voting. I know I sure as hell didn’t vote for these laws so don’t sit there with a pompous (unearned) grin and tell me I deserve what I got. Yeah, I’m talking to you Shootstright.

Gatorpaw is right. If more of you joined the NRA they could start fighting more to get rid of the stupid laws throughout the nation, including here in CA, and then we could be free to support you by buying firearms that have not been available here for years. As DCW pointed out, we’ve got a lot of pent up demand and money to spend, and those who work with us are reaping the benefits without much competition. Defeatist comments like those from Rich, John, or Hernadez (why don’t you just move?) show me just how much conviction many of you have to stand on (you’re just as bad, if not worse, than the Antis). Stand together with your fellow 2A brothers and sisters and it will eventually help you, and not just financially. Or you can continue going about your lives being lazy, selfish, and judgmental…all the while thinking that what happens here couldn’t ever happen to you. Go on, get going back to your couches…I don’t want someone on my side who will take the easy path without putting up a fight anyway.

Me, I’m gonna stick around and be a sheepdog (thanks Ernie) keeping the wolves away. Yeah, it’s hard work but it’s worth it.

Gray Peterson
02-22-2012, 12:51 PM
Thanks! This is coming to a State near you! If you choose to give up the battlefield you loose! Simpletons! I wrote a reply on the blog encouraging others to not make the mistake of not supporting us Then I scrolled up to see this...

FAIL!

"Ernie February 20, 2012 at 12:57 pm

I lived in Cali starting in 1971 and left in 2006. I saw the liberal nuts take away our rights slowly until it was just too much for me to stand anymore. I left for a more gun friendly state and I didn’t have to go far, I now live in Nevada and feel I can breathe again and fully enjoy my 2nd amendment rights. I can now carry open or concealed. I have had my CCW permit for 6 years and I carry all the time. I own hi-cap mags and rifles with all the “bad” attributes. I don’t have an AK or an AR but, I do have an SKS with a Tapco stock which has a pistol grip and a adjustable stock, same for my Ruger Mini-14 and my 10/22. Like the saying goes, “If you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen!” My advice is leave Cali for a more gun friendly better place, and they are plenty to choose from. The liberals who control Cali will keep introducing more and more restrictive legislation until you won’t be able to own any form of firearm, long gun, shotgun or handgun. Crime is on the rise as the state creates a state full of “sheep” for citizens and the criminal “wolves” find it easy pickings with no “sheepdogs” around to defend everyone. Just try to get a CCW permit in any big cities where crime is high and you will be refused. If you live in a rural county, you are more likely to get one but, crime just isn’t that high there, less people to commit against and they are more likely to be armed! I don’t see things getting better in Cali, just worse and that is most unfortunate. Just watch, if the National reciprocity bill passes the US Senate and it becomes law, Cali will become like Illinois and outlaw concealed carry, they will then revoke all CCW permits, they will prevent anyone from within or outside of Cali from being able to carry concealed there."

the rich among the carry license holders will not tolerate this.

socal2310
02-23-2012, 7:21 AM
the rich among the carry license holders will not tolerate this.

But people can't seem to get this through their heads. When push comes to shove, the elitists will suffer us to join their ranks before they give up the privilege themselves.

Ryan

anthonyt95628
02-23-2012, 12:39 PM
Great article!!! Heres a little note I send to every ad I come accross saying "no Sales To California."

"The people’s government of California wishes to thank you for supporting our efforts to keep guns out of the hands of our citizens. By refusing to ship to California buyers you are helping us win the war on gun owners here in California. We cannot hope to achieve our goals without the collaboration of those like you who assist us in making our goals attainable. We knew that by asking for a little information about your business we could help you decide between your fellow citizens and being drawn into the fight. It’s how we have always fought our battles; cut a few from the herd at a time and the rest we be happy to let the other go to their faith while saving their own skin, for now at least.
We want to assure you we are doing everything possible to keep your name off of the widely circulated list of “gun control collaborators” being by passed around by California’s gun owners’ rights activist here in California and the rest of the nation. You should not be worried, some of the French Nazi Collaborators survived for several years after World War II. Your fearless actions embolden us to reach even higher and take our efforts to the entire country and your State in particular. "

easy
02-23-2012, 7:04 PM
Nice article.

I left a comment.