PDA

View Full Version : Wife get to shoot her first AR.

judgedrift
02-19-2012, 10:15 PM
http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh508/judgedrift/25420bb8.jpg

She picked this out for her Vday/Bday/Anniversary/Christmas gift. So I am all paid up for the year.:D It's a Colt Monolithic Upper she named it "My little pony":p. As i write this she is looking at different stock and Acogs:eek:. It never ends. It was my first time shooting an AR as well and I am hooked.
http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/hh508/judgedrift/b20ab3c5.jpg

Now the question. Do I buy a built rifle or do I build one. I have narrowed to three rifles.
The Daniel Defense M4V7 MidLength Rifle, Stag Arms Model 3G 18 Inch, and the LMT CQB MPR Defender Model 16. I have handle the all and love the way they feel and there is some thing about the 18 inch barrel I am digging. I don't mind having a mismatched upper and lower as long as get the same amount of performance out of lets say a JD Machine lower with a LMT upper vs a full LMT rifle. I also like the fact that I can pick the type of stock, grip, and internal components in a stripped lower. So what sat you calguns buy the lower or the full rifle. Hope to see you guys out at the range.

02-19-2012, 10:18 PM
LOOKS Awesome and great purchase!
I say build it your self! Some what cheaper and you get to know the insides of the AR! (which is really easy, especially if you have the right tools)
Tons of videos on how to put a lower together too.

Muscles Glasses
02-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Building a rifle usually costs just as much if not more than buying a completed one unless you can find some good deals on parts. As for which manufacturer, I own a rifle made by Daniel Defense and love it. I have also heard great things about LMT but nothing much about Stag Arms. Read some more reviews on all 3 manufactures and the rifles, get to know the advantages/disadvantages, go to a shop and handle them for yourself and choose what you like. :D

sephy
02-19-2012, 10:34 PM
I've had a few Stags and put thousands of rounds through them without a hiccup. I think for most people they are great guns.

FWIW I prefer building my own.

h0use
02-20-2012, 10:21 PM
very nice! look at lwrc as well. i do like building my own also, so you know whats going into the gun and its more of a one of a kind rifle that fits you