PDA

View Full Version : How do I eliminate red-dot parallax?

1Luv4SF
02-19-2012, 9:43 PM
I read in an article that the best way to eliminate red-dot/holographic parallax is to have a front sight. But I can't seem to shake it. Everytime I move my head a little bit, the dot moves too. It's very hard to zero the optic for this reason. I have a Vortex Strikefire.

joelogic
02-19-2012, 9:45 PM
Parallax should be zero after 25yds. Practice your checkweld.

tomd1584
02-19-2012, 10:23 PM
Per Vortex's website:

http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-strikefire-red-dot-scope-red-dot-only-ar15-mount
Parallax Free Allows for rapid shooting with both eyes open, without concern for parallax shooting error. Parallax free beyond 50 yards; less than one-inch error closer than 50 yards.
Unless you're trying to zero within 50 yards, you really shouldn't have any issue.

nitroxdiver
02-19-2012, 10:53 PM
Assuming you have back up iron sights on your rifle, zero your rifles irons first at your desired distance. Leave the sights flipped up. Mount your rds, look through your irons and cowitness the dot. Adjust the dot so it is centered and sitting right on top of your front sight.

russ69
02-19-2012, 11:19 PM
All red dots have parallax. If used on a rifle, you have to maintain a repeatable head position for best results.