PDA

View Full Version : zombie ammo!

hemiguy55
02-19-2012, 5:05 PM
just went to cabelas in reno and i saw "zombie ammo". i had to buy a couple of boxes just for laughs but has anyone shot these? i know its a total gimic but i had to at least say ive tried them haha

bloodhawke83
02-19-2012, 5:08 PM
They make great presents.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

RugerFanRyan
02-19-2012, 6:39 PM
I have 4 boxes in .40 and my brother has 4 boxes in .45. Got them for Xmas. Big smiles on our faces when we got them lol. Haven't shot them yet though.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk

LBDamned
02-19-2012, 6:46 PM
I'm ready :43:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u72/OCG35/Guns/recent%20bought/IMG_20120113_175128.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u72/OCG35/Guns/recent%20bought/ZombieMaxAmmocan.jpg

haven't shot any - and probably wont... coulda bought a lot of 5.56 with the money though :o:rolleyes:

RugerFanRyan
02-19-2012, 6:49 PM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u72/OCG35/Guns/recent%20bought/ZombieMaxAmmocan.jpg

Awesome.

cfusionpm
02-19-2012, 6:49 PM
I have 3 boxes of 9mm (loaded up into HD pistols) and a box each of .223 and .308 for show. It's basically Critical Defense with a green tip for pistol rounds, and Superformence A-MAX for .308 and V-MAX for .223. Haven't fired either the 223 or 308.

Squidward
02-19-2012, 7:08 PM
What? No .22LR zombie ammo??? :mad:

NorCalK9.com
02-19-2012, 7:12 PM
They did a comparison and the zombie ammo is no different than anything else in its class.
I shot a box of it and I believe my ranger ammo expanded better

bloodhawke83
02-19-2012, 7:17 PM
What? No .22LR zombie ammo??? :mad:

That be sick.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

ErikTheRed
02-19-2012, 7:51 PM
I think its a cruel and insensitive joke. Zombies are people too. I marched in the San Fransisco Zombie Parade (most people in San Fran are liberal zombies), I'm an active member of PETZ (People for the Ethical Treatment of Zombies), I support the "Go Green" movement (zombies are usually green-ish), and our dear President Obama is married to one (yes, I also support zombie marriage). Indeed, this is quite offensive and Hornady should be ashamed of themselves.

RugerFanRyan
02-19-2012, 8:00 PM
I think its a cruel and insensitive joke. Zombies are people too. I marched in the San Fransisco Zombie Parade (most people in San Fran are liberal zombies), I'm an active member of PETZ (People for the Ethical Treatment of Zombies), I support the "Go Green" movement (zombies are usually green-ish), and our dear President Obama is married to one (yes, I also support zombie marriage). Indeed, this is quite offensive and Hornady should be ashamed of themselves.

:D

Code7inOaktown
02-19-2012, 8:04 PM
They did a comparison and the zombie ammo is no different than anything else in its class.

Shesh. What little you know. The tests they used were on ballistic gelatin. These rounds are optimized specifically for zombie bodies which react completely differently than gelatin and living humans. These are for the undead which is not the same as the living.

I have personally used them in a small zombie outbreak at a local cemetery and believe me, these did the job far better than any other zombie round on the market.

Also, you know what's the only thing better than a zombie? An actual dead zombie.

mod1217
02-19-2012, 8:07 PM

:rofl:

Merc1138
02-19-2012, 8:08 PM

I guess some people can't understand the concept of a novelty item.

NorCalK9.com
02-19-2012, 8:08 PM
Lmfao I didnt think of it that way!
I better go buy some more and quit wasting it on stupid water jugs n such n wait for them darn zombues

02-19-2012, 8:12 PM
YEAH! Got a box of 9mm for xmas too and I picked up the zombie ammo can last month!

ROCKETW19
02-19-2012, 9:17 PM
Shesh. What little you know. The tests they used were on ballistic gelatin. These rounds are optimized specifically for zombie bodies which react completely differently than gelatin and living humans. These are for the undead which is not the same as the living.

I have personally used them in a small zombie outbreak at a local cemetery and believe me, these did the job far better than any other zombie round on the market.

Also, you know what's the only thing better than a zombie? An actual dead zombie.

LOL, to funny

ROCKETW19
02-19-2012, 9:18 PM
you need one of these to go with the ammo. You must be dressed correctly

bearstatearmory.com
02-19-2012, 9:40 PM
We have lot's in stock! Pretty smart on Hornady's marketing team to market this zombie stuff right now IMHO.

http://bearstatearmory.com/catalog/product.asp?ret_id=1234639&pid=77102

Noah3683
02-19-2012, 9:46 PM
I actually wonder if a creative DA could try to use this as stupid extra leverage to prosecute if someone were to actually use it for home defense. We all know its the same stuff, but they have the silly disclaimer and I have heard of prosecutors doing stupider things lol:TFH:

AlpineWeiss
02-19-2012, 9:48 PM
I actually wonder if a creative DA could try to use this as stupid extra leverage to prosecute if someone were to actually use it for home defense. We all know its the same stuff, but they have the silly disclaimer and I have heard of prosecutors doing stupider things lol:TFH:

Hey, no need to give them ideas. :cool:

Trendkill
02-20-2012, 12:36 AM

Actually...it could also work out really well for the defense too. " Well your honor...my client here cleary thought the gangbanger rapists that broke into his house to rape him and rob him were zombies. We all understand that rapist gangbangers have rights here in CA...but Zombies your honor..?? Really..?....I rest my case. "

Noah3683
02-20-2012, 5:08 AM
^^^^ LMFAO

RugerFanRyan
02-20-2012, 7:23 AM
That's too funny :D

kotton
02-20-2012, 8:38 AM
These work well on the regular horde type zombies, as well as the smoker and hunters, but when it comes to the thicker skinned ones like a witch or a tanks I still stick with a FMJ round for better pen :chris:

hemiguy55
02-20-2012, 8:50 AM

:laugh:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cfusionpm
02-20-2012, 10:27 AM
Actually...it could also work out really well for the defense too. " Well your honor...my client here cleary thought the gangbanger rapists that broke into his house to rape him and rob him were zombies. We all understand that rapist gangbangers have rights here in CA...but Zombies your honor..?? Really..?....I rest my case. "

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-EByb1iH4Uko/TZcmgdKyLuI/AAAAAAAAJLc/sN9Jk00NP_0/s1600/chewbacca_defense.jpg

1forall
02-20-2012, 11:49 AM

Lol...that's funny.

hornswaggled
02-20-2012, 2:08 PM
I love the commercial they have: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQWb-5nblx4

Gnome
02-20-2012, 2:49 PM

"Let me tell you something! I'm from Buenos Aires, and I say kill 'em all!":D

Anyone? Anyone?

MadMax
02-20-2012, 3:00 PM
Starship troopers, classic

I might pick up a couple boxes just for giggles:)

Gnome
02-20-2012, 3:19 PM
^ Ding ding ding ding...

Alpha 1-4
02-20-2012, 3:33 PM
What zombie related item can I conjure up to sell during this boom?........

toby
02-20-2012, 3:39 PM
Yep! Hornady saw all the profit to be made by relabelling for the ZOMBIES, and people fell for it......great Marketing.....:laugh:

KeithG
02-20-2012, 3:48 PM
My great great grandchildren will be laughing all the way to the bank after selling on Calguns the box I bought...and cursing me for not laying in a larger supply. That assumes, of course, that they survive the apocalypse. :D

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

RED VASQUEZ
02-20-2012, 8:05 PM
One of my shooting buddies said this stuff glows in the dark. That would make it worth buying a box. Is this true or BS?

BTW, they make zombie ammo yet no one's producing a line of ultraviolet or silver nitrate rounds like in Underworld! We need defense from all types of living dead, not just one

Gnome
02-20-2012, 8:11 PM
What zombie related item can I conjure up to sell during this boom?........
Actual zombies???

One of my shooting buddies said this stuff glows in the dark. That would make it worth buying a box. Is this true or BS?

BTW, they make zombie ammo yet no one's producing a line of ultraviolet or silver nitrate rounds like in Underworld! We need defense from all types of living dead, not just one

Oooh, I like where you are going with this... I'm gonna steal your idea and patent it. Ha ha... ;)

hemiguy55
02-20-2012, 9:36 PM

i just pulled out a couple rounds and turned off the lights... they didnt glow in the dark... mayb you hafta leave em out in light for a lil?

Trendkill
02-20-2012, 9:46 PM

Cool....thats a nice little way to circumvent the BS tracer round laws.

Eat Dirt
02-20-2012, 9:53 PM
Pretty smart on Hornady's marketing team to market this zombie stuff right now IMHO.

Good Gimick to sell ammo

Too Cool:cool:

KeithG
02-21-2012, 7:24 AM
One of my shooting buddies said this stuff glows in the dark.FUD...and I was dissappointed when my test failed. :57:

LBDamned
02-21-2012, 10:31 AM
it would be all over various forums/threads if it actually glows in the dark...

The shot shells are zombie green as are the .223 and 7.62 tips - I havent even opened the pistol caliber boxes, so I dont know if they are green - (presumably so)... the guy probably was referring to the lime green thinking it glows :confused: