View Full Version : parts to send overseas

02-19-2012, 4:48 PM
I have a m16 short barrel that i have for years in the philippines and when i shot it last month when i went back home i notice it need alot of things to be replace. Now can i buy gun parts here in the usa to have ti shipped there? Would the custom take it away? Im thinkin like flat top upper a buttstock, a rail front grip. I just want the gun to look new again thats all.

02-19-2012, 4:53 PM
Quick answer is no. There are regulations on what you can and can not ship out of the US.

You would need a permit stateside to send stuff out and a permit in the Philippines to receive them.

02-19-2012, 4:57 PM
Good luck. Any part of the firearm is considered a firearm in the Philippines and cannot be imported. That includes the receivers, bolt/carrier, barrel, even hand guards. However, it was done before.

02-19-2012, 4:58 PM
I see cool thanks. I have the elisco baby armalite as they call it over there.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=ms-android-att-us&gl=us&biw=533&bih=57&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=elisco+baby+armalite&oq=elisco+baby+armalite&aq=f&aqi=g-S1&aql=&gs_sm=3&gs_upl=239180l245106l0l246027l18l18l1l12l12l1l183l 766l0.5l5l0&mvs=0#i=3

02-20-2012, 3:40 AM
Since you are originally from the Philippines, you would know better than us the requirements for getting permission to import the parts you want. I can speak about the export part, though. Getting permission from the State Department to do a one-time export isn't difficult, you just have to fill out the forms and write a letter requesting an exemption from licensing for a one-time export. Since the Philippines isn't a country on the restricted list, at least the last time I looked, you will get permission to export the gun parts but you just have to have patience.

02-20-2012, 8:03 AM
I know this is wrong but piece by piece and dont declare it! send it flat rate and you should be good! Main reason I know this is because all these Support the troops vendors out there wouldnt send me any AR parts to an APO because its out of U.S. Territory....Uh hello WTF! The crappy little base I live at is US territory and I'll kill all those that try to take it!

02-22-2012, 10:17 PM
thanks for all the help guys, i talk to a guy back home that know a place to get good us made ar parts he said they are black market but good working parts. I prolly try to send a buttstock home just to see if this makes it there.