PDA

View Full Version : OLL tranfer from out-of-state to Los Angeles

Agent Akin
02-19-2012, 9:02 AM
Greetings all!

So, I never got a response in another thread I posted in, so I guess I'll try a thread of my own. If this is the wrong place to ask, I'd be happy to move this to the appropriate area...

Anyway, I want to get a particular OLL from Quentin Defense and have it shipped here. I was dismayed to find that my preferred store charges $65 for the transfer, plus $25 for the DROS, plus tax on the OLL...

But apparently this isn't actually a ridiculous fee anymore, as I'd thought.

Is anyone aware of anyplace in the Burbank/Los Angeles area that charges less? Some folks tell me that I can find places to do it for as little as 25+25+tax if I look hard enough... but so far I've not found this place, nor can these people name it when I ask them... "Oh, my buddy did it, I'll try to ask him next time I see him if I remember but he's deployed right now" or something...

Thanks!

kemasa
02-19-2012, 9:21 AM
If you are a member of a firearms rights organization, then my fee falls within your mentioned range, but I am in Simi Valley. That is still the LA area :-).

Agent Akin
02-19-2012, 9:22 AM
If you are a member of a firearms rights organization, then my fee falls within your mentioned range, but I am in Simi Valley. That is still the LA area :-).

NRA and GOA and I'm a CGN contributor...

Which mentioned range, the one I want, or the one I've encountered? heh...

kemasa
02-19-2012, 9:57 AM
If it wasn't the range that you were looking for, what would be the point in my replying? I am more than willing to accept more money, if that would make you happy.