PDA

View Full Version : Glock 21 Gen 4 Range Report 2/18/12

Hipster Mike
02-19-2012, 8:31 AM
Took the new Glock out to the range finally. Boy is it fun too shoot! Brought along my wife and brother in law. Had my XD9 also.

Went through about 200 rounds. Not one problem. The recoil was something else. My XD9 has this snappy recoil but the Glock 21 was softer but bigger, if that makes sense. The dual recoil spring seems to make a big difference to the recoil.

I want to change out the sights though, probably get some night sights on it or if I want to go all out maybe go for a RDS.

Went to the OC Indoor Range for the first time and it's a pretty nice place. Friendly staff and decent prices. Got there around 10:30 but when we were leaving it was starting to get crowded.

Probably will go shoot again tomorrow because I don't have work :)

den888
02-19-2012, 8:44 AM
Thanks for the report, the G21 really tames the .45 ACP recoil, from my experience.

Hipster Mike
02-19-2012, 9:07 PM
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-Ouly_6DcFSo/T0G4-hgopMI/AAAAAAAAMO4/Kx24PXYIMdk/s543/12+-+1

This one is from today.

7 yards, 6" target.

Gouranga
02-19-2012, 11:47 PM
Nice report...and grouping. Hopefully I can put my order in for a G21 Gen 4 next week. I was also thinking about getting night sights, which were you thinking of getting?

trendar5
02-20-2012, 12:41 PM
Love my G21 gen4 too. For night sights, you should look at the Ameriglo operator or pro.

MongooseV8
02-20-2012, 12:47 PM
Nice report...and grouping. Hopefully I can put my order in for a G21 Gen 4 next week. I was also thinking about getting night sights, which were you thinking of getting?

Meprolights FTW

Mr.1904
02-20-2012, 1:33 PM
Took the new Glock out to the range finally. Boy is it fun too shoot! Brought along my wife and brother in law. Had my XD9 also.

Went through about 200 rounds. Not one problem. The recoil was something else. My XD9 has this snappy recoil but the Glock 21 was softer but bigger, if that makes sense. The dual recoil spring seems to make a big difference to the recoil.

I want to change out the sights though, probably get some night sights on it or if I want to go all out maybe go for a RDS.

Went to the OC Indoor Range for the first time and it's a pretty nice place. Friendly staff and decent prices. Got there around 10:30 but when we were leaving it was starting to get crowded.

Probably will go shoot again tomorrow because I don't have work :)

Do itttttt. Shoot the piss outta that thing!