PDA

View Full Version : Legality of the g pick

Moonshine
02-18-2012, 4:50 PM
Because it is on your finger and not attached to the rifle such as a magnet button does this make it any more lawful? Off the top of my head it would seem like when the lock comes into contact with the bullet button a creative prosecuted could argue an assault weapon was manufactured at that moment. Anyone had contact with LEOs while using this device?

ThemBastards
02-18-2012, 4:52 PM
I googled this G Pick you speak of and found nothing. You have a link or pic?

Fate
02-18-2012, 5:00 PM
Been discussed many times. It's likely legal as a tool, but never seen its day in court.

Personally I'm leery of something that essentially becomes a prosthetic part of your body, but I'm probably being overly cautious on this point. I just don't want to be "that guy" who gets case law on the books.

LBDamned
02-18-2012, 8:29 PM
I googled this G Pick you speak of and found nothing. You have a link or pic?

http://www.riflegear.com/p-1210-finger-tip-mag-release-tool.aspx

bloodhawke83
02-18-2012, 8:31 PM
its legal, as long it remain unattached to your weapon platform, you're good.

LBDamned
02-18-2012, 8:33 PM
Because it is on your finger and not attached to the rifle such as a magnet button does this make it any more lawful? Off the top of my head it would seem like when the lock comes into contact with the bullet button a creative prosecuted could argue an assault weapon was manufactured at that moment. Anyone had contact with LEOs while using this device?

how is it any less legal than a bullet, a pen, a stick or whatever else you would use as a tool to release the mag?

Based on your example, the minute anything makes contact with the bullet button mag release it becomes an assault weapon. But of course we know that's not the case. the g-pic is just another tool. The law says nothing about the tool being attached to your body.

The reason a magnet is in question is because it becomes attached to the weapon (therefor not a tool) - the g-pic is nothing like this.

PRE-EMPTIVE STRIKE
02-18-2012, 8:44 PM
Looks like it would interfere with pulling the trigger or alteast alter the position of where you would naturally place your trigger finger, no?

Noah3683
02-18-2012, 8:47 PM
I likely wouldn't want it on my trigger finger anyway. Just my .02

chillincody
02-18-2012, 8:49 PM
Looks like it would interfere with pulling the trigger or alteast alter the position of where you would naturally place your trigger finger, no?

use another finger

ThemBastards
02-18-2012, 9:00 PM
That's funny i was thinking of a ring with a bullet button tip today... similar

pdugan6
02-18-2012, 9:10 PM
http://www.riflegear.com/images/product/large/1210_1_.jpg
kind of silly......like California law of a bullet button:censored:

Revolver Ocelot
02-18-2012, 9:55 PM
Works really well on your middle finger. With a speed funnel its even easier.

Noah3683
02-18-2012, 11:38 PM
Don't think it will work for me anyway. Goin featureless on AR's and the ACR bullet button probably wouldn't work with that