PDA

View Full Version : Wilson combat 47D in retail stores!?

kaosxlit
02-18-2012, 1:57 PM
So I have been calling around stores in OC/LA area and no one carries them! Does anyone know of any stores that stock these. I dont want to order them online because I hate waiting, I rather have it in my hands when the transaction is done.

Thanks in advance!!

liketoshoot
02-18-2012, 1:58 PM
if you order one, then one will show up

al8550
02-18-2012, 2:20 PM
IIRC Bain and Davis said they were getting some in, but this was a few weeks back. I just ended up picking some up at a gun show.

PRCABR4Christ
02-18-2012, 2:26 PM
I find buying them used is quite economical, I've picked up almost all of my mags on various forums, and the ones the don't work (maybe 5% of the time) I get a Tripp rebuild kit and they magically work :)

Striker
02-18-2012, 2:39 PM
Call Evans in Orange. When I was there last month, they had a couple.

Speedpower
02-18-2012, 5:44 PM
Turners sells it, I bought all my 47D's from them.

SoulStealer
02-18-2012, 11:32 PM
Pro force in Brea has them always in stock!! Great prices TOO.

SoulStealer
02-18-2012, 11:54 PM
Also, just a suggestion, the Kim Pro Tac Mags are only $23.00 bucks!! Why pay more?? And you get the metal base or protective slim or extended base pads, you can not go wrong!!

smartin
02-19-2012, 7:50 AM
www.fowlerstockade.com bought some there last month stockade

CrippledPidgeon
02-19-2012, 11:26 AM
Also, just a suggestion, the Kim Pro Tac Mags are only $23.00 bucks!! Why pay more?? And you get the metal base or protective slim or extended base pads, you can not go wrong!!

because Kimber mags suck.

Kimber mags are made of lower quality steel, and will tend to warp or break more quickly than Wilsons. The two weaknesses of the M1911 mag are the feedlips and rigidity of the sides. If rounds are stored in them for long periods, or are frequently reloaded, the mag can start to expand sideways and not eject or feed smoothly. The Kimber base plates are welded, and are a pain to clean when the mag gets dirty, also the followers work, but aren't great. I've seen base plates break off due to heavy use, or repeatedly dropping on concrete, and you're now out a mag. The extended pads are nice, but they still transmit the shock directly to the baseplate, and not the mag body like the wilsons.

The Wilson 47Ds are very nice, reliable mags, and the 500 ETMs are even better. The ETMs have stronger steel than the 47Ds, and the viewing ports were moved closer to the spine to improve the rigidity and longevity of the mag.

SoulStealer
02-19-2012, 1:41 PM
because Kimber mags suck.

Kimber mags are made of lower quality steel, and will tend to warp or break more quickly than Wilsons. The two weaknesses of the M1911 mag are the feedlips and rigidity of the sides. If rounds are stored in them for long periods, or are frequently reloaded, the mag can start to expand sideways and not eject or feed smoothly. The Kimber base plates are welded, and are a pain to clean when the mag gets dirty, also the followers work, but aren't great. I've seen base plates break off due to heavy use, or repeatedly dropping on concrete, and you're now out a mag. The extended pads are nice, but they still transmit the shock directly to the baseplate, and not the mag body like the wilsons.

The Wilson 47Ds are very nice, reliable mags, and the 500 ETMs are even better. The ETMs have stronger steel than the 47Ds, and the viewing ports were moved closer to the spine to improve the rigidity and longevity of the mag.

Wow, I did not know we were all so TACTICAL!! I've used them with the teams as well as Law Enforcement, never had a problem!! Oh, and have dropped them plenty! Again, just a suggestion....... BREATHE!!!!