View Full Version : Any experience with this cheap Russian ammo?

02-18-2012, 10:49 AM
Got this stuff for a decent price at my LGS. The guy at the counter says he can't tell the difference between this stuff and Wolf Military Classic. I'm not real picky about ammo for the AK, but I was just curious since these boxes have so little information on them.

02-18-2012, 11:33 AM
Looks like Klimovsk ammo. I've had no experience with them.

02-18-2012, 11:37 AM
If you dont want it i'll take it!
No experience with it though

02-18-2012, 12:15 PM
I have yet to see any bad ammo come out of Russia. If it is used for the weapons it was designed for (AK's with loose tolerances) it will work as it was designed. If you try to drive tacks with it you will be unhappy, it was designed to be sprayed out of an AK or shot out of a SKS. You my get a bad round every now and then just like any other ammo manufacturing company. I would used it in my SKS:).

02-18-2012, 2:02 PM
Over the years I've probably shot 1000s of rounds of every cheap Russian ammo I could get and my brother buys bulk whatever is available and never had a problem with any of it except some plastic cored practice ammo my brother latched onto. It was so under powered it would cycle in my SKS but not my AK. About 15 years ago I latched on to a bunch of Chinese crap. It cycled fine but shoot groups about the size of a tire at 50 yds and smelled so bad the range officer ask us what we were shooting. I think they must have been loaded with water buffalo ****.

02-18-2012, 2:07 PM
That stuff could be Wolf. Wolf is just a reseller to Western Fools. Wolf Ammo comes from a lot of different factories so this could be Wolf.

02-18-2012, 3:04 PM
They were on the shelf next to the wolf ammo, but the wolf said 124 grain.