PDA

View Full Version : Hmm need help on something

ThemBastards
02-18-2012, 11:26 AM
Psych!

BKinzey
02-18-2012, 12:11 PM
I probably wouldn't announce on the internet that I potentially have made an illegal purchase. But that's me. Although I do believe your getting into trouble over it is probably very slim.

Take it apart. Kits are legal. Contact C Products and ask what they suggest. As long as it is in parts you can sell or trade it to someone else.

BTW, possession is not illegal but the purchase is. Since you purchased what you thought was a 10 rounder that's in your favor and while taking it apart doesn't negate the purchase it should help to show you aren't willingly trying to break the law.

Fjold
02-18-2012, 12:23 PM
It's not illegal to buy a >10 round magazine.

32310. Except as provided in Article 2 (commencing with Section 32400) of this chapter and in Chapter 1 (commencing with Section 17700) of Division 2 of Title 2, commencing January 1, 2000, any person in this state who manufactures or causes to be manufactured, imports into the state, keeps for sale, or offers or exposes for sale, or who gives, or lends, any large-capacity magazine is punishable by imprisonment in a county jail not exceeding one year or in the state prison.

CHS
02-18-2012, 12:28 PM
DO NOT, under ANY circumstances, put that magazine inside ANY bullet-button locked firearm. You do not want to be guilty of felony manufacturing.

As far as the magazine, you didn't break any law, so don't worry about it. Best thing to do would be to try and contact the seller and see if he will exchange it.

Only problem is, C products does not exist anymore (They are ASC now), so that may be all the stock the seller has.

You can try to fix the magazine so that it only holds 10, or you can simply disassemble it. Or you can keep it as a large-capacity magazine.

You just cannot put it in a bullet-buttoned AR.

ThemBastards
02-18-2012, 12:36 PM
DO NOT, under ANY circumstances, put that magazine inside ANY bullet-button locked firearm. You do not want to be guilty of felony manufacturing.

As far as the magazine, you didn't break any law, so don't worry about it. Best thing to do would be to try and contact the seller and see if he will exchange it.

Only problem is, C products does not exist anymore (They are ASC now), so that may be all the stock the seller has.

You can try to fix the magazine so that it only holds 10, or you can simply disassemble it. Or you can keep it as a large-capacity magazine.

You just cannot put it in a bullet-buttoned AR.

Ok I will disassemble until I figure out how to make it a 10 rounder. thanks guys