PDA

View Full Version : Selling a Single Shot Exemption Gun

BobM223
02-18-2012, 8:42 AM
I recently purchased an XDM 4.5 45 via the single shot exemption. I love this nail driver, but have been told I will have trouble getting it added to a CCW beacause it's not on the DOJ list. How do I go about legally selling it, tranferring ownership, etc?

Baconator
02-18-2012, 8:45 AM
It can be legally transferred now that you are the owner. The roster doesn't apply to transfers.

natrab
02-18-2012, 8:55 AM
Check the LTC forums. The handgun roster has nothing to do with what you can list on your CCW. You will be fine with your XDm.

Welcome to Calguns

Ubermcoupe
02-18-2012, 9:32 AM
Bob,

Welcome. You can sell it to anyone other non-prohibited resident in state (via PPT) or you can sell it out of state.
BUT, iím with natrab, Try checking in the LTC section (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/forumdisplay.php?f=179) to see if the folks there have any tips of tricks to get it added.
Maybe include your county, or the issuing county of your permit.
Good Luck!

zod
02-18-2012, 9:39 AM
Welcome aboard.

edlacy
02-18-2012, 10:02 AM
I purchased an XDM45 and had it put on my LTC here in Stanislaus county.
But it's listed as a "Pistol 45" instead of an "Auto 45". When I asked the reason for the different listing, I was told they go by what's shown on the DROS. However, there was no problem getting it on the permit.
Depending on your county, YMMV.
And as others have said, you'll have no problem selling it.

I recently purchased an XDM 4.5 45 via the single shot exemption. I love this nail driver, but have been told I will have trouble getting it added to a CCW beacause it's not on the DOJ list. How do I go about legally selling it, tranferring ownership, etc?

davbog44
02-18-2012, 10:07 AM
As far as adding it to your CCW, it really depends 100% on your IA.

Mine for example, requires that any handgun listed on the permit "match" what shows up in DOJ's database. Thus in my case for example, they will not allow me to list my P2000 SK (which I purchased as a .40) with the 357SIG barrel I bought. Even though it is otherwise perfectly legal for me to do so. I know from talking to other permit holders in other counties, that their IA's will allow such things.

I believe I saw on the DROS form that there is a spot where SSE is marked. As to whether or not that shows up readily if your IA checks your permit listed weapons against the DOJ database like mine does, I have no idea.

But regardless, if you really like the pistol, just ask them before you sell it off. If they say no, you haven't lost anything for trying.

There should be no issues with you selling it PPT if you do need to get rid of it.

h0use
02-18-2012, 11:04 AM
welcome

BobM223
02-18-2012, 6:58 PM
Thanks all. I really appreciate the advice and will do some research in here.
It is great to find calguns.net and I look forward to talking to you all...