PDA

View Full Version : First handgun purchase in over a year!

CSACANNONEER
02-18-2012, 6:56 AM
It's probably been close to two years since I've DROSed any firearm. I've manufactured and/or purchased C&R long guns during that time. But, I just haven't found a handgun that I had to have. Well, I'm off to do a PPT at Turner's in Pasadena this morning (I'll be wearing a Bullet Button Tee shirt if anyone wants to say "Hi") to DROS a Hi Point in .380. Go ahead an laugh! I've got a 5 gal bucket of .380 brass and dies but nothing in .380, other than a little Savage 1917 that I never shoot and, this HP came up in the classified for $90. I guess I just needed a new cheap toy to shoot at home and take to the range. At least, now I will know what the real deal with HPs is. Who knows, maybe I'll actually like it????

Mossy Man
02-18-2012, 7:33 AM
well the good news is that their lifetime warranty is no questions asked.

everything i've heard about HPs are that they are big and ugly, but work.

69Mach1
02-18-2012, 7:42 AM
Congrats.

Ubermcoupe
02-18-2012, 11:18 AM
I've got a 5 gal bucket of .380 brass and dies but nothing in .380

:yes:
Thatís enough of a reason for me. Congrats CSA.

bsg
02-18-2012, 12:44 PM
congratulations.

paul0660
02-18-2012, 12:46 PM
big and ugly, but work.

That is what my wife says about me. How bad can they be?

CSACANNONEER
02-18-2012, 1:24 PM
That is what my wife says about me. How bad can they be?

We'll find out in a couple weeks. That said, I'm done with Turner's. They were rude and told us that, even after taking a number and waiting our turn, we would have to wait another hour to 90 minutes before we could do a PPT. Appartently, there was one in the works and two more ahead of us. WOW. 90 minutes for less than 3 PPTs! We drove 2o minutes to Addax and completed the PPT in LESS than 10 MINUTES! I may only spend about $10-$25K a year on firearms so, maybe I'm not a big enough customer for Turner's to worry about. I don't know. I do know that after this episode, I sure can't recommend them to anyone for any reason.

FeuerFrei
02-18-2012, 3:25 PM
90 min for 3 transfers. Ouch?
Sounds kinda fast when compared to the shop I bought a lower from last year.
90 min just to do a lower! They were busy but come on. I should have brought a lunch.
10 min seems like light speed compared to what I'm used to.
They couldn't find it when I went to pick it up either. In all fareness they did comp me some consolation prizes.
Let us know what you find out with your HP pistol. Deal or no deal.

Mr310
02-18-2012, 4:06 PM
We'll find out in a couple weeks. That said, I'm done with Turner's. They were rude and told us that, even after taking a number and waiting our turn, we would have to wait another hour to 90 minutes before we could do a PPT. Appartently, there was one in the works and two more ahead of us. WOW. 90 minutes for less than 3 PPTs! We drove 2o minutes to Addax and completed the PPT in LESS than 10 MINUTES! I may only spend about $10-$25K a year on firearms so, maybe I'm not a big enough customer for Turner's to worry about. I don't know. I do know that after this episode, I sure can't recommend them to anyone for any reason.

I walked out of the one in Pasadena last week after I waited in line for almost 20 minutes just to buy some ammo. I was in the neighborhood, and, having never been there, decided to give them a try. Instead, they wasted everyone's time by dicking around with people asking about inventory. Screw them.

bearstatearmory.com
02-18-2012, 10:38 PM
Turners is always busy which is great for them, I've purchased from rifle gear before and been happy with their service. Let us know how the new pistol works out for you!

mindwreck
02-18-2012, 10:50 PM
If you're going the pasadena turners. go during the weekdays during lunch. usually empty.

It sucks, but hey they're running a business. They have to treat every customer with respect and same customer service. Its just too many people.

Low-Pressure
02-18-2012, 11:35 PM
Congratulation! Funny thing is the 5 gallon bucket of brass cost more than a few times more over your purchase. :D
I need to start buying brass/ammo and start shooting my .380. Probably only shot 200 rounds through it in the last 10 years.:eek:

morrcarr67
02-19-2012, 6:03 AM

I did a PPT yesterday too and the guy said "Hey let's go to Turners". I said "No Way!". We went to Alamo Pawn shop and was out in about 15 mins.

Cool deal on your new toy. Gotta let us know all about it when you get it.

MrExel17
02-19-2012, 7:55 AM
Niice, must feel good! Congrats!

Bartin
02-19-2012, 8:15 AM
they are big and ugly, but work.
So they are 2/3 of a Glock :7:
I avoid Turners for PPT like the plague and now you know why. At least they don't treat you like garbage for asking, tell you that you have to buy something else for them to do it or flat out refuse to do them like some places