View Full Version : gonna put together an ar...

02-18-2012, 1:04 AM
Hi guys im planning on buying a 6920 for my girl and take her lower lol and get her a spike or sumthing lol and throwing a Kac upper... oh and ami safty (lefty) and a nice 2 to 3.5 trigger.... sound good? ok but i also want another upper that is gonna reliably shoot steal case ammo... my buddy has a delton upper i wanna say... and so far that thing hasnt jammed and all it seen was tula and wolf.... lol on the negitive side it only been shot like 150 times... thats not enough data to go off of... and he doesnt shoot as much as i do lol... Should have stayed in Texas..... Caili:(

02-18-2012, 1:14 AM
You gain nothing by taking the Colt lower and adding a different upper. In the end you will just end up with two mismatched rifles. Get her the Colt and leave it together then get a left handed Stag for yourself and you are all set.

02-18-2012, 1:39 AM
and i lose nothing by mix matching them... i just want the lower for myself... because i dont like the other lowers. not saying ones better then the other cuz there not... i would rather sport a Kac lower but cant due to cali law... so my second choise is a colt... wich are legal... i dont care for stag... and there lefty rifles... i feel and this is my opinion only that they half assed there lefty uppers... i mean come on... why would anybody make there dust cover flip up? what are they trying to do there? i dont have a problem with brass shooting from the right... nor do i have a problem with the lowers controls... ive trained years on M-4 (for me anywayz) it is acually faster for mag changes and bolt release for me. (and living in cali not to worried about mag change anymore...) only problem i had(and made up for with extencive practive) was the safty selector switch... witch is why i say just drop a ami... dont want the rifleing change to suit a left hander cuz ive already trained with my service rifle... all in all... i dont like most of the lowers out there just because of there logos... thats my only disagreement with them... when my two sons are older ill help them put together sum kiddy lowers... once agian this isnt to offend anyone about there preferance this is just my own... and another thing with the lowers and i should have stated earlyer is my girl wants the punisher lower cuz she thinks its kool lol... she wanted a bushy... im sry... but i cannot allow this...

02-18-2012, 7:17 AM
Your kids have good taste. Post up some pictures when you get theirs all built. Oh I've been told a trigger adjusted under 3 pounds gets a little dangerous. Just what I've heard. Take it with a grain of salt.

P.S. This is not to sound like an *****, just to help, but if you copy your post and paste it in a word document it helps correct any spelling errors. Trust me, I use it all the time at work when sending important information to Managing Directors and VP's where I work. ;)

02-18-2012, 2:55 PM
lol thanks for the advice lol. and boy they do... Makes me proud lol... I whipped out the AK for one of my buddys and my two boys 2/3 year olds just stood there with there eyes glittering and mouth drooling lol... I was so happy!!! lol... cant wait till there older!!!