PDA

View Full Version : FS2000 mag devices and muzzle extensions not available

tlillard23
02-18-2012, 12:42 AM
For the FS2000, I have been looking around for information on "bullet button" type mag locks and barrel extensions. no one has any good pictures of the devices and all the places seem to be sold out.
what gives?

69Mach1
02-18-2012, 12:43 AM
raddlock

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=132548&highlight=radd+lock+fs2000

Zippiot
02-18-2012, 5:25 AM
The rail on the side seems excessive, I cant get mine to drop the mag without a flathead regardless!!

radd
02-18-2012, 9:56 AM
The rail on the side seems excessive, I cant get mine to drop the mag without a flathead regardless!!

The rails is removable. It's there for aesthetic reasons. But some people actually mount accessories on it.

FS2000 is built to nato spec (E4). If you use any mag other than E4 spec mags, it will be tight and hard to release (standard Pmag is the worst). One way to make standard mag dump smoother is to remove the internal plastic dust plates.

Radd

Zippiot
02-18-2012, 2:54 PM
I meant the rail covering the button thing, always assumed that was supposedly some sort of mag release....
Good thing I have dozens of STANAG 30 rounders, otherwise it would be a pain to feed the machine

PolishMike
02-18-2012, 2:58 PM
Mfi makes the best extensions that look like original flash hinders. We have them in stock k

radd
02-18-2012, 3:28 PM
I meant the rail covering the button thing, always assumed that was supposedly some sort of mag release....
Good thing I have dozens of STANAG 10/30 rounders, otherwise it would be a pain to feed the machine

You mean your 10/30 mags in California.

Radd

Zippiot
02-18-2012, 5:04 PM
You mean your 10/30 mags in California.

Radd

Nope, Army gave me a dozen of them and as long as they stay on a base or are transported in a military vehicle its good to go.

The ones they actually gave me (we dont want them, here you go throw them out) are stored in Georgia.

Pheckphul
02-18-2012, 8:18 PM
Good thing I have dozens of STANAG 30 rounders, otherwise it would be a pain to feed the machine

Not that you would do anything as silly as insert them into your FS2000 while you are in CA, of course. ;)

While I don't have "dozens of STANAG 30 rounders", I was on active duty '92-'94 and snagged about 20 before I left CA in '93. Unfortunately I only got a couple of M9 clips, which are actually more useful to me as I spend more time on the range with my Beretta than I do any of my STANAG-clipped rifles.

Pheckphul
02-18-2012, 8:35 PM
For the FS2000, I have been looking around for information on "bullet button" type mag locks and barrel extensions. no one has any good pictures of the devices and all the places seem to be sold out.
what gives?

A batch of deeply discounted FS2000's were released into the market recently, and the various producers of californication products were caught off guard. Be patient. I know Assautl Planet is doing their best to meet demand. BTW, www.parallaxtactical.com, where I got my Assault Planet kit, appears to have them in stock.

tlillard23
02-19-2012, 12:34 AM
just wait...

Zippiot
02-19-2012, 9:35 AM
Not that you would do anything as silly as insert them into your FS2000 while you are in CA, of course. ;)

While I don't have "dozens of STANAG 30 rounders", I was on active duty '92-'94 and snagged about 20 before I left CA in '93. Unfortunately I only got a couple of M9 clips, which are actually more useful to me as I spend more time on the range with my Beretta than I do any of my STANAG-clipped rifles.

Now I attempted to find 10/30 non-plastic mags for the FS2K, but had little luck. Big problem is my billing address is CA and my shipping address is one of 4 states...but the internets built in legal system sees CA and says NO!

I attempted to build a plastic mag block to fit inside one of the 30 rounders but it broke. My fault, I only had Acrylic lying around. Next time I make a go at turning an old military 30 rounder into a 10/30 Ill buy some PVC.
Its really quite simple, pop off the bottom and stick a chunk of something inside to stop you from loading more than 10 rounds. If you are really intrepid, you can drill sight holes down the side!

tlillard23
02-19-2012, 1:00 PM
hey hat holes go open your own thread about 10 round magazines. I need some fs2000 compliance parts I don't care about your 10 round magazine problem.

Bartin
02-19-2012, 1:25 PM
hey hat holes go open your own thread about 10 round magazines. I need some fs2000 compliance parts I don't care about your 10 round magazine problem.
Hah
Assault Planet Compliance Kit (http://www.lanworldinc.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=6031&category_id=42&keyword=fs2000&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=106)
http://www.parallaxtactical.com/store/assault-planet-fn-fs2000-ca-conversion-kit-1454.html
Bullet Button (http://www.parallaxtactical.com/store/assault-planet-designs-fs2000-bullet-button-577.html)

Pheckphul
02-20-2012, 10:28 AM

You've already gotten all the answers you need. I pointed out a source for the californication kits, and as of 0727 Zulu 20 Feb 2012 they still have them in stock.

tlillard23
02-20-2012, 1:02 PM
You've already gotten all the answers you need. I pointed out a source for the californication kits, and as of 0727 Zulu 20 Feb 2012 they still have them in stock.

For various reasons your answers are not my answers. thanks though.

nitroxdiver
02-20-2012, 2:39 PM
tlillard. For the muzzle extension, go to mfiap.com and look at the fs2000 muzzle extension. Several photos there. Best solution yet for the muzzle extension. Order from them, or go visit Mike out in Tracy at TRaP. He is a great guy and has a nice shop. You need to drill out a retaining pin in the oem brake to swap it out. Also, it is left hand threads. righty loosey, lefty tighty.
http://mfiap.com/i-7832436-mfi-califorina-legal-30-oal-fn-fs2000-muzzle-brake.html
The assault planet BB is the cheapest one, and is a simple installation. It is sold out everywhere I look to. Parralax has 1 in stock, but it's the whole kit that includes the slip on fake can muzzle extension. That would at least get you going. Then you could change out the muzzle device for an mfi later.
Good luck, they are fun rifles.

tlillard23
02-24-2012, 3:18 PM
tlillard. For the muzzle extension, go to mfiap.com and look at the fs2000 muzzle extension. Several photos there. Best solution yet for the muzzle extension. Order from them, or go visit Mike out in Tracy at TRaP. He is a great guy and has a nice shop. You need to drill out a retaining pin in the oem brake to swap it out. Also, it is left hand threads. righty loosey, lefty tighty.
http://mfiap.com/i-7832436-mfi-califorina-legal-30-oal-fn-fs2000-muzzle-brake.html
The assault planet BB is the cheapest one, and is a simple installation. It is sold out everywhere I look to. Parralax has 1 in stock, but it's the whole kit that includes the slip on fake can muzzle extension. That would at least get you going. Then you could change out the muzzle device for an mfi later.
Good luck, they are fun rifles.

Thanks - I don't do business with parralax, but that kit looks like the "old kit" with the 2 set screws. i read somewhere the "new" kit has 3 set screws, or something like that.

I really just need the mag lock and nobody seems to have any.

glenntuc
02-24-2012, 6:58 PM
check riflegear they are doing ca. legal fs2000 i want to get one.

tlillard23
04-02-2012, 10:01 AM
UPDATE: Don't bother buying a mag-locking device . You can make one with an empty 38 special case, 2 threaded standoffs and a piece of metal. I decided to give a BIG F-U to the whole thing and hose clamp a piece of copper pipe on the end of the barrel. I should laser etch "California Gun Laws Make You Safe" on it.
Vendors don't respond, apparently my money isn't worth an email. And to top off my rant, one particular vendor provided NO customer service for damaged products....
:oji:

SoCal Gunner
04-05-2012, 12:46 PM
For the OAL, I'd recommend the MFIAP.com FS2000 muzzle brake.

tlillard23
04-14-2012, 12:31 AM
Suck it. file cabinet parts, 38 special case, copper pipe and 1 hose clamp from a 1966 gto

chad68
04-14-2012, 1:50 AM
UPDATE: Don't bother buying a mag-locking device . You can make one with an empty 38 special case, 2 threaded standoffs and a piece of metal. I decided to give a BIG F-U to the whole thing and hose clamp a piece of copper pipe on the end of the barrel. I should laser etch "California Gun Laws Make You Safe" on it.
Vendors don't respond, apparently my money isn't worth an email. And to top off my rant, one particular vendor provided NO customer service for damaged products....
:oji:

What was damaged, the hose clamp or the copper pipe?

Sorry I had to! I tried to hold back, I swear.

tlillard23
04-14-2012, 1:19 PM
What was damaged, the hose clamp or the copper pipe?

Sorry I had to! I tried to hold back, I swear.

that could've been funny if..... :facepalm:

SoCal Gunner
04-14-2012, 5:10 PM
Suck it. file cabinet parts, 38 special case, copper pipe and 1 hose clamp from a 1966 gto

Stay Classy