PDA

View Full Version : PX9130LP vs PI9134LP

armyboy
02-18-2012, 12:05 AM
hi im looking up the doj list for 1911 9mm and the two that came across my eye was the sa PI9134LP and PX9130LP... only difference i see is the grips and patterns on the slide. oh and rear sights... whats the diff? that im not seeing...

Blackhawk556
02-18-2012, 12:24 AM
yup that's it. I personally like the adjustable sights on the 9134lp but you may not.

mine is accurate. checkout this 20 shot group. 7 yards standing.

http://img.tapatalk.com/c6e4d895-6ebd-db0e.jpg

Sent from Los Alamos Nuclear Facility

MA2
02-18-2012, 12:27 AM
OP, everything you said is correct, it's mainly your choice of 3-dot combat sights or adjustable target sights.
I am on the target sights side for 1911's as well.

Both are in Springfield's Loaded series, so not much difference as far as features.
Both on roster, both good to go...might be hard to find.

voiceoftheright
02-18-2012, 12:43 AM
OP, everything you said is correct, it's mainly your choice of 3-dot combat sights or adjustable target sights.
I am on the target sights side for 1911's as well.

Both are in Springfield's Loaded series, so not much difference as far as features.
Both on roster, both good to go...might be hard to find.

Agreed, but it seems like just after I got mine (in December) there was a bunch released so I would be looking on Gunbroker. I paid 910 shipped for mine, a used 9134 and that was the best price at that time I could find, but saw one with no bids about a week ago for under 800. Now is a good time to buy I think. The 9130 is most likely a "N" marked gun, which may or may not be bad but I bought one of those at the same time as the 9134 and it was definitely not as nicely fit as the NM gun, but that isn't saying all are that way.

Blackhawk556
02-18-2012, 1:14 AM
Agreed, but it seems like just after I got mine (in December) there was a bunch released so I would be looking on Gunbroker. I paid 910 shipped for mine, a used 9134 and that was the best price at that time I could find, but saw one with no bids about a week ago for under 800. Now is a good time to buy I think. The 9130 is most likely a "N" marked gun, which may or may not be bad but I bought one of those at the same time as the 9134 and it was definitely not as nicely fit as the NM gun, but that isn't saying all are that way.

every time I see a 9134 it has a NM serial. these usually are fitted in the USA instead of Brazil.

voiceoftheright
02-18-2012, 1:57 AM
every time I see a 9134 it has a NM serial. these usually are fitted in the USA instead of Brazil.

Yes, from what I have seen is the 9134s are NMs and the 9130s are Brazil assembled. Once again, this really doesn't make a huge difference and Springfield will handle any issue if one should arise. So...find a good deal for either the fixed sight or adjustable (whichever u prefer) and go for it! Great guns.

armyboy
02-18-2012, 2:42 AM
thanks a bunch guys... I found a few of both in the 850 to 900 range online... id rather go with a shop here in my city but man $1200 dallors when i can get it almost 400 cheaper... makes it really hard you know... and as for the sights i think i would go for the adjustable... only because its an added feature... might as well get the most when it cost the same... might send it to W/C to get a trigger job... i cant say for anything else on the springfield cause i havent touched it... but so far every handgun ive ever held ive never liked stock trigger... my finger is delicate lol...

keenkeen
02-18-2012, 6:30 AM
thanks a bunch guys... I found a few of both in the 850 to 900 range online... id rather go with a shop here in my city but man $1200 dallors when i can get it almost 400 cheaper... makes it really hard you know... and as for the sights i think i would go for the adjustable... only because its an added feature... might as well get the most when it cost the same... might send it to W/C to get a trigger job... i cant say for anything else on the springfield cause i havent touched it... but so far every handgun ive ever held ive never liked stock trigger... my finger is delicate lol...

In the end you wont end up saving $350 even if you find one for $850 online vs. $1200 at a local shop. (Herb Bauer? :43:)

Figure $25 to $45 average for shipping off GunBroker, Some sellers charge $10 to $20 extra to ship to CA, (For the CFLC), and then you have to pay the FFL transfer fee. ($35 to $150+ in Fresno)

So, if you stick to the low end of the above you will still save about $280...just not $400. I agree with this pricing online is the way to go, just wanted to make sure you where aware of the other costs that come with online buys.

(PS, 9mm 1911 is my favorite platform right now, I shoot mine more than anything else in my safe these days)

:)

Press Check
02-18-2012, 10:28 AM
I paid $939 for a PI9134LP, plus transfer fee, plus interstate tax, and whatever else. In the end, I was in it for over a grand, but since the 9134's were seemingly hard to come by at the time, I had no problem paying it.

armyboy
02-18-2012, 2:49 PM
In the end you wont end up saving $350 even if you find one for $850 online vs. $1200 at a local shop. (Herb Bauer? :43:)

Figure $25 to $45 average for shipping off GunBroker, Some sellers charge $10 to $20 extra to ship to CA, (For the CFLC), and then you have to pay the FFL transfer fee. ($35 to $150+ in Fresno)

So, if you stick to the low end of the above you will still save about $280...just not $400. I agree with this pricing online is the way to go, just wanted to make sure you where aware of the other costs that come with online buys.

(PS, 9mm 1911 is my favorite platform right now, I shoot mine more than anything else in my safe these days)

:)

lol I love Herb Bauer lol... but ya i was aware... where I found mine... (tucked away nicely sumwhere lol:43:) till i get it lol... free shipping and i know a place that does 40 dallor fee... n thats it!!! dont wanna scare that transfer fee price away... thats the lowest ive found... I have complete a transaction with this shop to find out if the price is a real price..
My brother out in out of town has his dealer hes loyal to... says that it is suppose to be illegal for the shops to charge you over 35 dallors... is this true???

keenkeen
02-21-2012, 6:45 AM
has his dealer hes loyal to... says that it is suppose to be illegal for the shops to charge you over 35 dallors... is this true???

...That's for PPT sales is CA only. Since you having it shipped in the FFL can charge any Transfer fee they want.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.