PDA

View Full Version : Moving to Vegas in the near future

650bail
02-17-2012, 11:24 PM
The money is is TOO good as a male dancer...JK yeah right...

I already signed up for Nevada Shooters...what a sad alternative to Calguns with respect to the classifieds section. You can sell TVs and mopeds next to Guns and there's not much for sale from a gun perspective.
I'm planning on coming back to the bay area once a month for a week or so since my family lives there. I'm moving for my fiance who not because I want to move to Tatooine or particularly like gambling. I'll be relying on Front sight to keep me out of trouble.
What's the law state regarding selling a firearm to a NV resident and is there anything CLOSE to Calguns in Vegas for finding deals...or should I be taking advantage of all the slickguns.com grabagun and gunbroker.com deals I couldn't partake in as a CA resident? Thanks!

Dhena81
02-17-2012, 11:32 PM
Get your CCW started go to the sheriffs office and register your handguns you'll get blue cards. Get a suppressor and check with the sheriff what the laws are regarding PPT I think they are different for long guns and handguns. None PPT's still have to go through an FFL.

VegasND
02-18-2012, 8:10 AM
If you can make money at it go for it.
The money is is TOO good as a male dancer...JK yeah right...
It's about all there is ...
http://www.vegasshooters.com/forum/
is pretty moribund.
I already signed up for Nevada Shooters...
NS is just sad in every way. The admins feel that a misdemeanor is grounds for lifetime loss of 2nd Amendment Rights and most of the members love the idea of government intervening in your life. Huge support for things like cell phone bans in cars. For sale comes in spurts. You have to watch. There are sometimes good deals on BackPage here too. Shop all the stores, there are often pleasant surprises.
what a sad alternative to Calguns with respect to the classifieds section. You can sell TVs and mopeds next to Guns and there's not much for sale from a gun perspective.
You'll get over it. After a while California just becomes more and more aggravation you don't find in the world outside.
I'm planning on coming back to the bay area once a month for a week or so since my family lives there. I'm moving for my fiance who not because I want to move to Tatooine or particularly like gambling. I'll be relying on Front sight to keep me out of trouble.
Nevada is cash and carry. In Clark County there's the blue butt-wipe you get for registering your handguns. Most people insist on meeting at the policeOfficerStation to do handgun transfers.
What's the law state regarding selling a firearm to a NV resident and
As a Nevada resident you can shop for guns in other states. Check out pawn shops and gun stores in other states (that are not California). You can take possession of long guns on purchase, hand guns will have to be shipped to a FFL here. The going rate is three handgun transfers for $25. There is a state background theft of $25 per purchase no matter how many guns you buy at once.
... is there anything CLOSE to Calguns in Vegas for finding deals...or should I be taking advantage of all the slickguns.com grabagun and gunbroker.com deals I couldn't partake in as a CA resident? Thanks!

Blackhawk556
02-18-2012, 10:31 AM
If you can make money at it go for it.

It's about all there is ...
http://www.vegasshooters.com/forum/
is pretty moribund.

NS is just sad in every way. The admins feel that a misdemeanor is grounds for lifetime loss of 2nd Amendment Rights and most of the members love the idea of government intervening in your life. Huge support for things like cell phone bans in cars. For sale comes in spurts. You have to watch. There are sometimes good deals on BackPage here too. Shop all the stores, there are often pleasant surprises.

You'll get over it. After a while California just becomes more and more aggravation you don't find in the world outside.

Nevada is cash and carry. In Clark County there's the blue butt-wipe you get for registering your handguns. Most people insist on meeting at the policeOfficerStation to do handgun transfers.

As a Nevada resident you can shop for guns in other states. Check out pawn shops and gun stores in other states (that are not California). You can take possession of long guns on purchase, hand guns will have to be shipped to a FFL here. The going rate is three handgun transfers for $25. There is a state background theft of $25 per purchase no matter how many guns you buy at once.

Nevada sounds fun:D

Sent from Los Alamos Nuclear Facility

650bail
02-18-2012, 6:45 PM
VegasND Thank you for your kind and thorough answer. I really appreciate it. I think I 'll be doing credit repair, bail. and lending in Vegas. I think we found a house in southern highlands. So where do the Red Blooded, Pro America, Pro Freedom, Pro Shooting and Second Amendment folks convene in or Around Vegas other than FS? Thanks again to everyone who took the time to respond.

650bail
02-18-2012, 6:47 PM
hmmm 702Shooter.com looks promising checking it out

Eirerogue
02-18-2012, 7:03 PM
Just bought a house in Henderson and will transition there in 18 months. Concur on Nevada Shooters.

skxf430
02-19-2012, 11:40 AM
Are there any decent gun shops in Vegas? Need some ammo and mags for a Glock.

VegasND
02-19-2012, 2:15 PM
Several. For Glock stuff I'd check New Frontier Armory first. They are a sponsor here, check the banners above or look in the Vendor section.
Are there any decent gun shops in Vegas? Need some ammo and mags for a Glock.

skxf430
02-19-2012, 6:10 PM
I appreciate the info.