PDA

View Full Version : Vaquero vs. Blackhawk Bisley

sofbak
02-17-2012, 8:10 PM
I'm getting the itch for a Ruger revolver, and have been looking at the Vaquero and the Blackhawk Bisley-both are currently available in a convertible 45LC/45acp version (2 cylinders).

Problem is I have no experience with the Bisley grip style, and can't find one locally I can get my hands on.

Anyone have firsthand experience with the Bisley?

Which would you choose?

TIA

sofbak

smittty
02-17-2012, 8:20 PM
I don't like the bisley grip feel or look.

I prefer the Vaquero and your caliber choice is perfect IMO. The Vaquero balances and feels really nice in 45 cal.

TKM
02-17-2012, 8:36 PM
Smitty's right, the Bisley comes in handy with Monster loads but the "feel" is off for just plinking.

I have three Ruger Bisleys, the Colts and Berettas are a little different and the Freedom Arms grips (similar but not quite) are pretty well out of my price range but I like them.

beocon
02-17-2012, 9:07 PM
You really need to handle examples of each grip to know for sure which you prefer. I have a pair of New Vaqueros in 357/38 with the Bisley grips and they feel and shoot great for me. My wife has a gorgeous pair of Taylors 1873 clones, also 357/38, and they are perfect for her I just don't get a good feel with them. The Vaquero Bisley is a larger grip which I like, but the angle seems more natural in my hand, too. I found grip surface texture, smooth vs. checkered, made a surprisingly big difference in the feel of these revolvers as well.