View Full Version : More Shipping questions?

04-01-2007, 12:51 AM
I have some long guns for sale and want to ship them to an 01 FFL for the buyer. I know I need a copy of the FFL and need to make sure the FFL will receive the items 1) from a non-FFL and 2)the items in general.

When you do a FTF PPT transfer the FFL swipes the sellers and buyers ID and performs the DROS. The amount of items are noted on the DROS. Buyer comes back in 10 days. Done deal.

Now when you ship the long guns to the FFL it is no longer a PPT. So what does the FFL do with the sellers info?

The DOJ knows I have two long guns when I originally purhased the long guns on the original DROS. Is this subtracted from the number of long guns I own?

Is the number of long guns and my info still noted on the new buyers DROS even if the FFL is now doing the transfer non-PPT?

04-01-2007, 2:21 AM
Long guns are not registered on the DROS. The long gun information is recorded on a BATF form 4473 which remains with the FFL. Only handgun information is recorded on the DROS. A long gun DROS is really just a background check.

For long guns, just ship them to the buyer's FFL once you have verified the FFL via the ez-check website. Since the CA BOF does not know which long guns you own there are no records to update.

For handguns transactions that are not PPT, ship them to the buyers FFL and submit an NLIP (http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/nlip.pdf) form to BOF to let them know that you are no longer in possesion of the handgun(s).

The receiving FFL will make an entry in their Acquisitions & Dispositions log book indicating that they received a firearm from you. The information stays in the log book until they FFL ceases to operate.