PDA

View Full Version : Turner's Get Your Act Together

yokstar
02-17-2012, 5:12 PM
Anyone know when these Ruger SR22 are truly coming in? I DROS'ed my SR22 on Feb 1 in Chino Hills, was suppose to get it on Feb 11th but no dice. They called and said they would be in today Feb 17th but surprise surprise no dice again. I was told "early next week sometime." Now is this some type of new Ca regulation, cuz I have never heard of a 3 week DROS. There only explanation is a "new computer software issue." All I hear is excuses and no solutions! Does somebody have a clue?

Speedpower
02-17-2012, 8:01 PM
The gun was actually DROS'd ?

Steve1968LS2
02-17-2012, 9:29 PM
How could it be DROS'd if they don't have it.. they need a serial number to DROS.

Sure you didn't just put down a deposit?

Steve1968LS2
02-17-2012, 9:31 PM
And it looks like many Dealers don't have them.. Turners can't sell you what is unavailable..

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=537176

JNunez23
02-17-2012, 10:37 PM
Umm, they're sold out. 2 to 4 weeks.

gl0ckc0ma
02-17-2012, 10:55 PM
Yep, you need the pistol's serial number to DROS.

yokstar
02-18-2012, 8:35 AM
They were able to get the serial number from the warehouse on Feb 1st, but still no gun.

theduece
02-18-2012, 9:23 AM
Turners will sell you a gun that is not in the store. They have done it to me. They get serial number from warehouse and order it in. I would begin asking what is going to happen when your thirty days are up.

yokstar
02-18-2012, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the heads up, i"m starting to think ur right 30 days sounds about right.

indobos72
02-18-2012, 10:40 AM
I dros'd mine on the 10th, and its sitting in the shop waiting for me. They will start a Dros on a serial in the warehouse. I am picking mine up on Tuesday. Turners is usually pretty good about getting guns that are already sold into the shop from the warehouse. The SR22's were hot sellers so I can imagine they might have a few issues with getting them in. I would contact a manager who can check or facilitate getting the pistol on a truck to your local shop. Or when Bill see's this thread, he'll get you some answers. Turners has been on top of things lately.

pdude
02-18-2012, 4:44 PM
Yeah Bill has always been good and squaring me away.

I have an SR22 that I DROS too that I'm picking up this coming week. I hope I don't have the same situation as I just looked at my paperwork and realized the sales person or manager had only hand written the serial number on the paperwork. Maybe the computers were down when I got my paperwork done.

hooked on glock
02-18-2012, 5:38 PM
I dros'ed mine on the 13th , picking it up on the 23rd @ 6:10 pm .... I'm pretty sure bill will contact you mondaty at the latest ...

bac0n16
02-19-2012, 7:41 PM
I don't think they're allowed to DROS a firearm that's not present, on top of that I don't think Turners will DROS a firearm until it's completely paid off.

I've recently "tried" purchasing a Benelli from Turners, I went through the same rigorous wait like you did, the Benelli I was looking at was on special but out of stock, I came in drop my down payment mid December 2011, then came back in to retract my down payment the end January 2012 of last month since I found the Benelli I was looking for at Riflegear.

Turners has a great selection of inventory, I still shop there for ammunition and other little nick nack things, but I just won't buy firearms unless they have a smoking deal on a particular item I would be looking for. Even at that, when they have their "Specials" or "Deals" their prices are dropped down to their competitors regular every day prices.

ke6guj
02-19-2012, 7:56 PM
I don't think they're allowed to DROS a firearm that's not present,normally, Turners will DROS a firearm that is not present at the store if it is at Turner's warehouse or other Turner's location. The firearm has already been entered into the system and they can just inventory transfer it to the store to fufile the DROS.

In the OP's case, it appears that the ball got dropped somehow and they haven't been able to get the firearm transfered to his local store. I wonder if the new POS systems are contributing to the issue.

I assume that you will get a response from Turner's in the thread tommorow during Bill's normal business hours (unless he takes Monday off for the holiday).

on top of that I don't think Turners will DROS a firearm until it's completely paid off. .I seem to recall that they just recently changed their policy and will allow you to start a DROS at around 50% down.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-20-2012, 8:30 AM
Anyone know when these Ruger SR22 are truly coming in? I DROS'ed my SR22 on Feb 1 in Chino Hills, was suppose to get it on Feb 11th but no dice. They called and said they would be in today Feb 17th but surprise surprise no dice again. I was told "early next week sometime." Now is this some type of new Ca regulation, cuz I have never heard of a 3 week DROS. There only explanation is a "new computer software issue." All I hear is excuses and no solutions! Does somebody have a clue?

PM sent for personal info on your order.

Don't want to speculate before looking into it completely but it could be that there was a balled dropped in getting you a gun out of the second group of guns that we received.

Get back to us and we'll get this solved.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-20-2012, 8:44 AM
And it looks like many Dealers don't have them.. Turners can't sell you what is unavailable..

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=537176

We write our orders a bit differently :D than other folks and in turn we have different opportunities than other dealers.

We got 25 in our first shipment and 100 in our 2nd. We're sold out again but we'll continue to order and receive quantities like that second order.

We may even have that third shipment as soon as this week.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-20-2012, 9:01 AM
How could it be DROS'd if they don't have it.. they need a serial number to DROS.

Yep, you need the pistol's serial number to DROS.

The firearm needs to be in the dealer's possession in order to DROS and a serial number is necessary for input into the DROS system for handguns.

I don't think they're allowed to DROS a firearm that's not present...

normally, Turners will DROS a firearm that is not present at the store if it is at Turner's warehouse or other Turner's location. The firearm has already been entered into the system and they can just inventory transfer it to the store to fufile the DROS.

Correct. A gun in our warehouse is in our possession and we will initiate your DROS when a firearm is allocated to your order.

In the OP's case, it appears that the ball got dropped somehow and they haven't been able to get the firearm transfered to his local store. I wonder if the new POS systems are contributing to the issue.

That's what we're looking at this morning. The order should have been filled on our second order- after the new system went into the warehouse but two weeks before it went into place in Chino Hills. We'll wait for the OP's order info to confirm but it looks like it may not be system related.

...on top of that I don't think Turners will DROS a firearm until it's completely paid off.

I seem to recall that they just recently changed their policy and will allow you to start a DROS at around 50% down.

Correct, we will allow a DROS to start with our minimum- actually 30%- downpayment as long as the customer understands that it must me paid off and picked up prior to DROS expiration at 30 days. If the gun doesn't get paid off in time, the customer will have to re-DROS after paying the gun off.

Akers
02-20-2012, 9:23 AM
Story of my life, hence why I no longer shop there.

Went in, put down my 30% on a 1911 that was on sale, was told there was none around in any stores but they could get one from their ever so popular "warehouse" and that it would take two weeks. 14-15 days pass and I run by and ask and the guy says "hmmm, well we can order one from the warehouse" I say "that is what I was told when I came in two weeks ago". He says sorry there is none in the warehouse (which I was never told before) and then goes into this drawn out B.S. explanation how Turner's runs sales, and they post a sale and the guns aren't in stock, blah blah. He then tells me traditionally the sale price is so good they sell out and you have to wait 6 months (the last two sale guns I bought I had in ten days).

I asked for my money back and walked out. I wish I could say this was the first time, but the Kearny Mesa store is perpetually bad. The wait times are horrible, the staff is uneducated on weapons and you never get a consistent answer from a single person there. Unless your dealing with Berto or K.D. you can forget it.

I would d@mn near rather be unarmed than buy a gun from them again.

:rant:

L4D
02-20-2012, 9:30 AM
I tried to buy a rem 870 on several sale occasions. Was never in stock, or in the magical warehouse.

Almost seems like they run sales on items they don't have just to bring you in... What's that called again???..

Akers
02-20-2012, 9:34 AM
I tried to buy a rem 870 on several sale occasions. Was never in stock, or in the magical warehouse.

Almost seems like they run sales on items they don't have just to bring you in... What's that called again???..

I call it "Turnering"

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-20-2012, 10:07 AM
Went in, put down my 30% on a 1911 that was on sale, was told there was none around in any stores but they could get one from their ever so popular "warehouse" and that it would take two weeks....

:rant:

Which 1911? We've had a horrible time with Armscor promising ad product and not being able to ship. We got a shipment today that took 60+ days to get here.

We are experiencing what every dealer is- huge gun sales in 2011, every indication that thing will be bigger in 2012- and at this rate demand will be similar to '08/'09.

We agree that there is no excuse for poor customer service or employees giving poor answers. But it will not be uncommon for us to run through ad guns, and likely guns in general.

We run ads based on what we have in stock and in larger flyers -that have huge lead times- based on what we have on order. If a factory is slow to ship, it fouls everything up. If we run out, we'll take deposits at the ad price.

If the ad price is good, you'll likely have some similar minded people to compete with. Based on gun sales from the last year it's not a surprise that you had to compete to get various guns especially on Remingtons.

Did you ever place a deposit on one? If you did, you'd likely have one, but we won't dare promise that you might have had a bit of time to wait for one to come back in stock. If you didn't, it might take time to clear the back orders before a gun is available on the shelf.

Again, with the year we just had and the way this year is shaping up, there will be a lot of guns that don't hit the display rack, they will go directly to people waiting on them.

Akers
02-20-2012, 10:48 AM
Which 1911? We've had a horrible time with Armscor promising ad product and not being able to ship. We got a shipment today that took 60+ days to get here.

We are experiencing what every dealer is- huge gun sales in 2011, every indication that thing will be bigger in 2012- and at this rate demand will be similar to '08/'09.

We agree that there is no excuse for poor customer service or employees giving poor answers. But it will not be uncommon for us to run through ad guns, and likely guns in general.

We run ads based on what we have in stock and in larger flyers -that have huge lead times- based on what we have on order. If a factory is slow to ship, it fouls everything up. If we run out, we'll take deposits at the ad price.

If the ad price is good, you'll likely have some similar minded people to compete with. Based on gun sales from the last year it's not a surprise that you had to compete to get various guns especially on Remingtons.

Did you ever place a deposit on one? If you did, you'd likely have one, but we won't dare promise that you might have had a bit of time to wait for one to come back in stock. If you didn't, it might take time to clear the back orders before a gun is available on the shelf.

Again, with the year we just had and the way this year is shaping up, there will be a lot of guns that don't hit the display rack, they will go directly to people waiting on them.

Yes, it was the RIA GI Model, and if the sales person would have been straight forward with me I would have upgrade to the match or tactical, or to be completely honest he could have up sold me to a WC if you had one in stock, I was that amped up the day I walked in to buy a new firearm. My bone of contention wasn't with the fact that I wanted a sale gun that wasn't in stock, I make enough money that it honestly doesn't matter to me. If I were to be told the truth I would have been just as happy waiting or buying something else.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Yes, it was the RIA GI Model, and if the sales person would have been straight forward with me I would have upgrade to the match or tactical, or to be completely honest he could have up sold me to a WC if you had one in stock, I was that amped up the day I walked in to buy a new firearm. My bone of contention wasn't with the fact that I wanted a sale gun that wasn't in stock, I make enough money that it honestly doesn't matter to me. If I were to be told the truth I would have been just as happy waiting or buying something else.

We agree. They could have done a much better job. As always, we take your feedback seriously and we passed your feedback onto the store manager and his supervisor.

yokstar
02-20-2012, 7:10 PM
Turner's PM'ed me, sent him the invoice number and my name, hopefully we can resolve this problem.

MARLANDO
02-21-2012, 3:06 PM
Picked up mine today at Norwalk location, as promised!

Thanks Bill for your help !

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g437/MARLANDO69/photo-41.jpg

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-21-2012, 7:59 PM
Turner's PM'ed me, sent him the invoice number and my name, hopefully we can resolve this problem.

PM sent this AM with follow-up.

Turner's Outdoorsman
02-21-2012, 8:05 PM

We write our orders a bit differently :D than other folks and in turn we have different opportunities than other dealers.

We got 25 in our first shipment and 100 in our 2nd. We're sold out again but we'll continue to order and receive quantities like that second order.

We may even have that third shipment as soon as this week.

We received another 100+ late this afternoon. We'll get them processed ASAP!

yokstar
02-22-2012, 5:25 PM
Bill took care of the issue, picked up my SR22 this afternoon, thanks Bill.