PDA

View Full Version : Federal: H.R. 4063, 2012,McDermott - to repeal carry loaded weapons in National Parks

Librarian
02-17-2012, 3:23 PM
Latest Title: To repeal section 512 of the Credit Card Accountability Responsibility and Disclosure Act of 2009 which relates to carrying certain weapons in National Parks.
Sponsor: Rep McDermott, Jim [WA-7] (introduced 2/16/2012) Cosponsors (9)
Latest Major Action: 2/16/2012 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on Natural Resources.

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h112-4063

Text not yet available.

OleCuss
02-17-2012, 4:14 PM
Interesting! Thank you.

Election year posturing by the nutcase enemies of virtually all freedoms (the cosponsor list is interesting).

I'd not expect this to go anywhere except into the newspapers of the cosponsors' districts.

Ubermcoupe
02-17-2012, 4:17 PM
If its in the house it will (hopefully) die right?

OleCuss
02-17-2012, 4:33 PM
If its in the house it will (hopefully) die right?

It is almost inconceivable that it would pass in the House. It's about as dead as dead could be in a political venue.

I doubt it could even pass in the Senate.

It's election year posturing. Good for fundraising in certain anti-liberty circles. It also gives the NRA another fundraising opportunity - expect it to be mentioned in mailers and phone calls meant to raise money for the NRA-ILA.

Gray Peterson
02-17-2012, 4:34 PM
Introduced due to the park ranger shooting at Mt. Rainier.

DOA in House.

Luieburger
02-17-2012, 9:08 PM
WA is a great state, but we aren't perfect. Sorry guys.

Indeed, DOA.

press1280
02-18-2012, 1:34 AM
Introduced due to the park ranger shooting at Mt. Rainier.

DOA in House.

Once again, they try to punish law abiding citizens for the actions of a lone psycho killer.

SanPedroShooter
02-18-2012, 5:19 AM
Wasnt the park ranger shot by an escaped convict that ran into the park to escape capture, or something similar?

zinfull
02-18-2012, 7:55 AM
No she was shot by a murder who ran a chain check point.

jerry

kauaibuilt
02-18-2012, 8:11 AM
Wasnt the park ranger shot by an escaped convict that ran into the park to escape capture, or something similar?

No she was shot by a murder who ran a chain check point.

jerry

Try a former Army soldier suspected of suffering of severe ptsd.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

dieselpower
02-18-2012, 8:20 AM
WA is a great state, but we aren't perfect. Sorry guys.

Indeed, DOA.

We Californians understand its not you. Any Californian who criticizes a Washington State resident for the failures of Washington's elected Officials hasn't been following Politics.

Any person voted into office can turn around and bite the hand that feeds.

SanPedroShooter
02-18-2012, 8:27 AM
Isnt that similar, wanted murderer escaping from justice flees in to National Park? I suppose that if gun werent allowed in NP's, he would have gone somewhere else....

The House Committee on Natural Resources is majority R and chaired by an R if that means anything, all the cosponsers are D's....

dustoff31
02-18-2012, 8:31 AM
Try a former Army soldier suspected of suffering of severe ptsd.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Actually he was all three. A criminal on the run, a murderer, and a former soldier.

He shot up a New Years party in Renton, WA (although not convicted obviously) before killing the Ranger.

mag360
02-18-2012, 10:09 AM
some idiot from the National park retiree volunteer group actually said "SEE if only we had not passed that bill that lets people carry in the national parks, this wouldnt have happened" lOL.