PDA

View Full Version : Holster & Belt

MaHoTex
02-17-2012, 2:25 PM
I purchased the Serpa Blackhawk holster and want to know what kind of belt people use for these. My use if for around the house mainly, with some occasional range use. I do not have a LTC, I am really not interested in the paddle piece for the holster.

Do you guys typically use your everyday leather belt, or do you have a belt where the holster is always attached and wear that when you carry around your residence? If the former, what kind of belt? Any links to a URL I can see?

Ubermcoupe
02-17-2012, 3:46 PM
If your wearing it around the house, any quality belt should keep it attched to you.

For range use I use a stiff/rigid 1 1/2” wide belt. They do sell “Gun Belts” or you can buy a “riggers” style belt.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41P7EdPH6XL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Gun Belt

http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/bf/2/AAAAAuPNuC4AAAAAAL8lbw.jpg?v=1200135797000
Riggers belt

IBT “Serpa holsters suck/will kill you/blah blah blah"

MaHoTex
02-17-2012, 4:03 PM
HaHa, Thanks Uber.

I was thinking that perhaps a standard gun belt, but since I wear a normal belt everyday... hmm.. It just seems odd.

As for the Serpa, I have a really nice gun leather holster, some nylon thing, and just do not like either of them so I decided to try the Serpa. I like the ergo's with it so far.

Ubermcoupe
02-17-2012, 5:13 PM
HaHa, Thanks Uber.

I was thinking that perhaps a standard gun belt, but since I wear a normal belt everyday... hmm.. It just seems odd.

As for the Serpa, I have a really nice gun leather holster, some nylon thing, and just do not like either of them so I decided to try the Serpa. I like the ergo's with it so far.

Right on.

Yea back when I was growing up my old man always wore a gun belt. Big leather thing was probably 5mm or so thick and an 1 1/2 wide. I never realized the need until I started putting weights on my belt too :p

I have a 1 belt that I wear regularly that will support my serpa and glock/hk/1911 no problemo, but if im out on the range I use my riggers belt.

RIV96
02-17-2012, 7:33 PM
I use a wilderness tactical with the polymer insert. Good strong belt. Prefer it over my leather gun belts which cost twice the price. Instructors model is the one I use.

www.thewilderness.com