PDA

View Full Version : muzzle brake for .50AE Desert Eagle?

soopafly
02-17-2012, 11:43 AM
This may be a long shot, but here it goes...

Does anyone here have a muzzle break for their .50AE DE? If so, is it worth the cost?
http://www.magnumresearch.com/Expand.asp?ProductCode=DEPMB50
http://www.magnumresearch.com/products/DEP_MB_B.jpg

The recoil is manageable, but what gets me is the muzzle flip. It causes spent casings to hit me in the forehead often enough, that I'm considering the muzzle brake from Magnum Research to (hopefully) tame it and stop the casings from hitting me in the face.

soopafly
02-21-2012, 9:28 AM
bizz-ump

NorCalAthlete
02-21-2012, 11:24 AM
Friend of mine just got his back from the factory. Range report to come this weekend (or maybe next, not sure yet).

M_lizar
02-21-2012, 11:48 AM
Looks pretty cool. Have you tried searching it on youtube?

cadurand
02-21-2012, 12:21 PM
I too have this problem with empty cases hitting me in the face. Really hurts.

I sent my barrel to Magna-Port (long before this muzzle break was offered from Magnum Research). The ports from Magna-Port are not very big. Two on either side of the barrel.

I can't say it did much for muzzle rise. I'll be eagerly awaiting the range report for this muzzle break.

Rekrab
02-21-2012, 12:26 PM
I too have this problem with empty cases hitting me in the face. Really hurts.

I've yet to actually experience this. MRI claims that this is caused by improper handling of the firearm during firing. Apparently if you don't have a firm grasp of the grip the handgun torques in such a way that it will eject into your forehead. All of my casings fly over my right shoulder unless I'm shooting low power ammo, then they go over my head.

rimfire78
02-21-2012, 12:28 PM
I had a muzzle brake on my .44 DE xix. It reduced the recoil to about that of a .45. In my opinion, it's soooo worth it.

cadurand
02-21-2012, 12:41 PM
I've yet to actually experience this. MRI claims that this is caused by improper handling of the firearm during firing. Apparently if you don't have a firm grasp of the grip the handgun torques in such a way that it will eject into your forehead. All of my casings fly over my right shoulder unless I'm shooting low power ammo, then they go over my head.Yeah, blame the shooter.

Where would those cases go if you happened to be shooting left-handed?

Rekrab
02-21-2012, 12:53 PM
Yeah, blame the shooter.

Where would those cases go if you happened to be shooting left-handed?

If I was shooting left-handed they'd still go off to my right? :confused:

My handgun is always directly in front of my face when I shoot.

M_lizar
02-21-2012, 4:55 PM
Looks easy to manage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLJ3oL2F4Do&feature=fvst

soopafly
02-22-2012, 3:49 PM
Friend of mine just got his back from the factory. Range report to come this weekend (or maybe next, not sure yet).

Looking forward to it.

RTE
02-22-2012, 8:24 PM
Taged for later
Maybe it will help save the next pair of $$ sunglasses :facepalm:
chipped the corner of the left lens
I know I know
safety glasses

soopafly
02-27-2012, 9:39 PM
@ NorCalAthlete: range report ready?

alfred1222
02-27-2012, 9:45 PM
yes i have the muzzle break, and yes it does help...kinda. the brass does still hit me sometimes, but it did get better

Army
02-28-2012, 7:01 AM
You gleefully buy a .50 Deagle, and complain about the recoil?

soopafly
02-28-2012, 7:12 AM
You gleefully buy a .50 Deagle, and complain about the recoil?

No. Please read the bolded part below:

The recoil is manageable, but what gets me is the muzzle flip. It causes spent casings to hit me in the forehead often enough, that I'm considering the muzzle brake from Magnum Research to (hopefully) tame it and stop the casings from hitting me in the face.

soopafly
02-28-2012, 8:52 AM
I just realized you called it a "Deagle" LOL.

What is that, some breed of dog? haha

Army
02-28-2012, 12:05 PM
Deagle: Desert+Eagle= Deagle :)

Muzzle flip/rise is all about the recoil. You need to crank up the forearm beast mode for better control.

soopafly
02-28-2012, 5:02 PM
Deagle: Desert+Eagle= Deagle :)

Ha!...I know...just hazing you a bit, since "Deagle" came from the gamer crowd playing MW, Counter Strike, etc. who typically had no experience using firearms or...wait for it...real steel, hahaha.

hefedehefe
02-28-2012, 5:09 PM
I've yet to actually experience this. MRI claims that this is caused by improper handling of the firearm during firing. Apparently if you don't have a firm grasp of the grip the handgun torques in such a way that it will eject into your forehead. All of my casings fly over my right shoulder unless I'm shooting low power ammo, then they go over my head.

You get my PM Rekrab? Can you bring it to the next meet at On Target? :D

soopafly
05-14-2012, 10:33 AM
I discovered something on a (somewhat)recent outing with my DE...

I brought it out to Angeles to shoot at the steel on the pistol side. It was a chilly morning, so I put on my shooting gloves to keep my hands warm. Upon sending the first round downrange, I immediately realize that I have a much better grip, and much better control of the big .50 during the firing cycle. Brass was no longer hitting me in the forehead from the (formerly)extreme muzzle flip.

I have to say: a pair of shooting gloves is a much cheaper solution than sending the gun back to Magnum Research to install a muzzle brake. Now, I can use that money to buy more ammo instead.:)

FTC
05-14-2012, 11:09 PM
Do you have the hogue finger groove grips? Made a big difference on mine

MrExel17
05-14-2012, 11:27 PM
Just for the kool factor would buy it, but majority of there breaks do help especially with a load like that.

soopafly
05-15-2012, 9:19 AM
Do you have the hogue finger groove grips? Made a big difference on mine
Yes, it is the first accessory I bought for the pistol shortly after acquiring it.

sava6e
05-16-2012, 3:08 PM
learn how to shoot it! thats how you get them to stop hitting you, just think of it this way every time a spent case hits you its natures way of saying your an idiot

soopafly
05-16-2012, 9:42 PM
...your an idiot
oh, the irony....friggin' classic:rofl2:

BTW, WTF is your major malfunction, Pyle!?!?! Did you even bother reading the whole thread?

TZL
05-17-2012, 1:16 PM
Isn't the recoil the fun part of the DE50?

I see no reason to reduce the recoil in mine....

soopafly
05-18-2012, 2:36 PM
...for those not reading the whole thread, and just responding to my OP...to be clear, I have decided NOT to get the muzzle brake/compensator. Hogue grips + shooting gloves = excellent control.

MustangSteveGT
05-18-2012, 2:47 PM
I just received a .50 AE barrel with factory installed muzzle break I ordered through the Magnum Research website for my CA-legal Mark XIX that originally came only with the 6" .44 barrel.
I'm going to be shooting it this weekend hopefully with the new .50 AE barrel. I didnt have a .50 barrel to start with, so I figured I'd just order it the way I wanted the first time and shell out the extra cash since I was going to buy a .50 ae barrel either way. I bought this weapon in April and havent found 1 person with a Mark XIX compatable .50 barrel used (that wasnt sold already by the time I got to them), so regardless I know I was going to have to shell out the cash for new priced .50 barrel.